• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New vehicle purchase ~ '12 Mazda 3 Hatch

I can talk on the bluetooth just fine in my ms3...

Correct. It also does ok with pandora on my iPhone (skip tracks etc... My wife says it works really well with hers running what music is on her phone).

Welp,
its only been a year but this thread warrants an update:
Old:
IMG_3644.jpg

New:
IMG_20130423_225701.jpg

Both cars have their merits but the speed3 was the one I should have gotten 14mo ago when I purchased the skyactiv model. At the time, I wanted MPGs but was not too happy with the plain-jane look of the skyactiv model. I really wanted the MS3 wheels and the sport model appearance package...and a manual. The manual was complicated as I wanted the Bose & moonroof but it didn't come in the manual. My plan was to purchase these over time but I found the OEM prices for the body components were a bit high...don't even know where I can buy a sport spoiler. Used MS3 wheels fly off the shelves...all around a PITA process. So finally, I decided to say F'it and just look for a used speed3. However, my search led me to some good deals on new left over 2012s...mine shown above is a 2012 with Tech pkg. Ended up getting this loaded new mazdaspeed3 for $3.5K OTD on top my my skyactiv.

I'm sure I'll miss the MPGs of the skyactiv, but the Tq in the speed3 is just so satisfying
yes.gif

While I understand there are numerous differences in the suspension and chasis of these two cars, its hard to believe they are even the same car....the skyactiv was always a bit floaty and light, which gave it a nice tossable feel. But the speed3 just feels planted and solid. At 80mph+, the car feels so stable, where as my skyactiv had a tendency to feel bouncy over certain sections of the highway. The MS3 feels much more like a sports car than its compact sedan shape would suggest.

Regardless, these cars target difference audiences and I'm just glad I finally found my way to the one I should have gotten. Now I can stop whip-lashing myself everytime I see a speed3 blow by
thumbup%201.gif

My only plan is to tint the windows and keep this as stock as possible. My car funds go to the NSX for the most part...and thats mostly for maintenance.

Get an intake at least. I daily the ms3 and was getting 28.3mpg all-time average. Put a CAI on it and over the same commute am averaging 2mpg better (with more fun driving ontop of it)...You can't do too much on the cars without having to jump in into an upgraded fuel pump but an intake is well within the safe-zone... Turbos need air!

Back