• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

NSX alignment....please help!!

Larry Bastanza said:
...Mitch,

Before you pull your hair out over this(I will assume you have more then me:)), go to another shop you have a recommendation for. The NSX is really an easy car to align(one of the easiest I have ever worked on), lowered or not. A good shop will tell you immediately if or what is bent, if they cannot align it. If not, they are not a good shop. If you are going to make the trip the BridgeWater Acura in NJ in April and you can wait, you could plan an additional day with Joe (pbassjo) at his shop for an alignment.

HTH,
LarryB

I am headed out there for that meeting, so I may just wait until then for the alignment. Where is Joe's shop??

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. :)

slashmatt said:
Well, he does live in Indiana. (j/k)

Yes...I know. Trust me, this stuff drives me nuts. I bet they could align it if it was a Corvette. :mad:

Hi Mitch,

Joe is in NY about two hours North of BW Acura, I am about half way to him. Since the BW event is on Sunday, If you like I can talk to Joe about planning a Friday visit.

The other thing you might do is check to see if Mike at BW Acura has a trusted tech there or alignment shop near by, I just know 100% Joe can align it properly:).

Regards,
LarryB

Just got a new set of front tires. Im running 17 & 18's on stock suspension.
Any advice on allignment settings? Or are the stock settings fine?
This is a weekend driver so a slightly more aggressive setting is okay - but not too wild, I'd still like some tread life.

Any advice will help.
Thanks.

nsxtasy said:
Knowing Mitch as we do, he was probably hoping it was even further, so he could put more miles on his car. :D

Hehe....yeah, some driving is always good for the car. Now, if my alignment can just be fixed to be good for my tires..... ;)

Casper91 said:
Just got a new set of front tires. Im running 17 & 18's on stock suspension.
Any advice on allignment settings? Or are the stock settings fine?
This is a weekend driver so a slightly more aggressive setting is okay - but not too wild, I'd still like some tread life.
Hi Brad,

For your needs, I would suggest the stock recommended alignment.

There are suggestions in the FAQ for increasing tire life at the expense of crisp handling, and the original '91-92 specs can increase crisp handling at the expense of tire life. But I think the recommended specs offer a nice balance between the two, and it sounds like that's what you're looking for.

Okay gang...I just got my alignment redone at the shop where I get all of my car maintenance done, and I am MUCH happier with the results. Please look at the alignment sheet and let me know what you guys think. Visually the car looks like it is aligned better, as the rear wheels are not steeply angled in like before (especially on th passenger side rear).

447794_NSX_alignment_specs_3-23-05_-med.jpg

Well, that is WAY better. And in fact completely acceptable, IMO. But....I am still at a loss as to why each side is not even though. My alignments are within .1 degree side to side, and typically I hound them to get them dead even, especially camber and toe(and they do:)). I find the caster is typically not that even and my guy has never had a concern about it.

I have never noticed any pulling, or ill effects with the caster not being dead on. This has been my personal experience. I am really interested to check your car visually at Bridgewater:).

At this point, I would drive it and have fun, consider the alignment done.

Later,
LarryB

I'm going to have some Bilsteins installed on my 93...already have Eibach springs on it which lowered it 1.5". Running 18/19 combo. I have been reading every..well almost every...alignment thread and I am even more confused as to the best setting for street and SOME canyon driving. I do drive the hell out of it, but want decent tire wear...got 5k on the last set of rear SO3's...fronts are still good.

I pulled this article up and was wondering if anyone else has tried these settings? :confused:

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/TireWheel/alignment.htm

"Decrease rear toe to the '93+ specs, or you can try even more radical settings. Here's what some people have reported:

[JG] I checked with my tuner and he showed me the specs of the alignments on my rear wheels. He reduced the factory toe-in to almost 0. I think it was 0.005 at the most. He said this is what he has found over the years to give the best performance on track (or street). This guy is known for his suspension and alignment work. He's got people coming from several states away for his work.

All along I've been wondering why my tires last so long on the street when everyone else gets less than 5K. I'm always driving them pretty hard, too. Max speed I've had my NSX up to is 150 MPH."

Any help/insight here would be great. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back