• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX craze 2011 Austin texas

What participation number do you have to hit to get the deal? I would be willing to "pay" to track, but not necessarly track. I would like to see others track and what the dream machine is capable of in person. I think that alone is worth the $250.

In order to track, are novice drivers required to drive with a designated track member or are they allowed to track alone? With that said, I may track (more so cruise the track) at 60-80 mph tops though. Still learning what the car is capable of and wouldnt want the flux capacitor to kick in.

The more people the less the track fee is theoretically. All the drivers that have put track by there names are worth watching for sure!!! Again im hope the numbers come up more than 5 and the price gets cheaper! Other are working on the track stuff also.

Updated status below. Might be tracking the wagon.

1. Ko-nsx (TRACK)
2. ojas
3. Matt_337 (TRACK)
4. unlemming (TRACK)
5. synergy004 (NO TRACK)
6. PoKnow (TRACK)
7. trainingrevolution
8. MrTwo
9. Davidf
10. Osiris_x11
11. anomaly (NO TRACK)
12. Kenny Thompson (NO TRACK)
13. NSX4Real
14. 96cxt
15. J-Train
17. Nero Tenebre
18. ca2822 (pending)
19. Fastrunner
20. vry_qck (NO TRACK)
21. adrenaline_nsx
22. Bui "Pending" (NO TRACK) If anybody has an empty seat, can I ride as passenger on the track?
23. Ysoslow "pending"
24. RedNa2X (NO TRACK)
25. Alas-NSX (May track wagon)
26. tnguyen
27.thoangbui "pending"
28. Zishan (I was going to cut in line, but I'm too lazy to change everyone's numbers! )
29. Luis aka Lou Dawg aka Sexy Mexy
30. Dave

I hate to say it guys, but I may have to withdrawal myself from Craze this year

I'll know as time gets a little closer :(

That's Craze-y talk

1. Ko-nsx (TRACK)
2. ojas
3. Matt_337 (TRACK)
4. unlemming (TRACK)
5. synergy004 (NO TRACK)
6. PoKnow (TRACK)
7. trainingrevolution
8. MrTwo
9. Davidf
10. Osiris_x11
11. anomaly (NO TRACK)
13. NSX4Real
14. 96cxt
15. J-Train
17. Nero Tenebre
18. ca2822 (pending)
19. Fastrunner
20. vry_qck (NO TRACK)
21. adrenaline_nsx
22. Bui "Pending" (NO TRACK) If anybody has an empty seat, can I ride as passenger on the track?
23. Ysoslow "pending"
24. RedNa2X (NO TRACK)
26. tnguyen
27.thoangbui "pending"
28. Zishan (I was going to cut in line, but I'm too lazy to change everyone's numbers! )
30. Dave
31. TXvsLV-Scott (TRACK)

1. Ko-nsx (TRACK)
2. ojas
3. Matt_337 (TRACK)
4. unlemming (TRACK)
5. synergy004 (NO TRACK)
6. PoKnow (TRACK)
7. trainingrevolution
8. Scin (TRACK)
9. Davidf
10. Osiris_x11
11. anomaly (NO TRACK)
13. NSX4Real
14. 96cxt
15. J-Train
17. Nero Tenebre
18. ca2822 (pending)
19. Fastrunner
20. vry_qck (NO TRACK)
21. adrenaline_nsx
23. Ysoslow "pending"
24. RedNa2X (NO TRACK)
26. tnguyen
27.thoangbui "pending"
30. Dave
31. TXvsLV-Scott (TRACK)
32. 3gGT

some notes...

I have a tentative out-of-town commitment the weekend of the 7th-9th of October, 2011. Regardless, I can accommodate two parties & have been in-touch w/ them.

With that said, I'll be around for the meet-&-greet @ BJ's (Arbor Walk), but the rest of the NSX-Craze weekend is to-be-determined for me.

Friday's meet-&-greet arrival time...

A note of importance: this particular venue & location (namely, BJ's - Arbor Walk) gets very, very busy during evenings - especially on a Friday night. They are rather accommodating, but let's all be mindful of the planned arrival time. If it isn't possible to arrive during the proposed time (6pm), let the organizer know so they can let the staff know accordingly w/ regards to seating/accommodations.

Personally speaking, I believe the meet-time for Friday evening should be changed from "6pm+" to 8pm+, as again, this particular venue gets very busy & they will be hard-pressed to allocate space for a party of 25+ that isn't there en'masse at the time. Going by past NSteXpo's/NSX-Crazes, it's been a challenge for just about everyone to arrive on-time (yours truly, included) considering the drives & distances involved (Greater Houston, Dallas-Metroplex, San Antonio / South Texas, etc), as well as it being a Friday/traffic/etc.

Places to stay in North/Northwest/Central Austin...

For those seeking private / hotel accommodations, I believe Priceline.com's hotel "negotiator" / bidder tool (both, the website as well as smart-phone app) is the best way to go. It's quick, effective and almost every time trumps the supposed "group" rate for a local-area hotel.

For example, nearby La Quinta Inn And Suites Austin Mopac North is showing $65/out-the-door per-nite for a single-room / two double beds, for Oct 7th-9th. This is a Priceline rate, which I believe can be even further discounted by using the "name-your-price" tool.

Saturday evening dining spot...

Depending on the return time from the Saturday Hill Country group-drive, a venue close to town may serve bests. It'll allow everyone to rest/freshen up at their places-of-stay, then venture down to the dinner-spot, which will be near/adjacent to other areas of interest (ie. lounges, bars/pubs/clubs, music spots, eateries,etc). There are a trove of nice, elegant but fairly priced restaurants in/around downtown & surrounding areas. So, perhaps worthwhile to look into the north (The Domain & Arboretum) area restaurants, as well as those around west (360, Barton Creek) area, central (Triangle, N. Lamar / Guadalupe) area, and downtown area.

And yes, Bone Daddy's is a great spot :)D) - but I believe better served for lunch / early dinner as it's a bit isolated & far from many of the late-evening & nite fun spots.

The stragglers...

Here's a list of other local/regional NSX'ers (past/present owners & enthusiasts) who haven't corresponded yet, so it's worthwhile to drop them a line in-case they aren't aware of the forthcoming NSX-Craze (if possible, please feel to contact them and/or add others to the list):

azn8v (Austin)
Blackend (Austin)
burbel (Austin)
chris1992nsx (Killeen)
das_nsx (Austin)
David (Austin)
dreamynsx (Austin)
drtrembath (Cyprus)
FranksNSX (San Antonio)
hofffam (Austin)
Link12 (Beaumont)
mcishaque (Austin)
NormRD (Austin)
rbirling (Austin)
shrddr (Austin)
usafdarkhorse (Corpus Cristi)

Lastly, the NSX'dex...

If you reside in the Central Texas area, please add yourself to the Greater Austin NSX Group (it makes contacting much easier, especially for those who aren't regulars on Prime).

Last edited:
/\ good post. I like the later time a little better, kinda depends on when the caravan leaves.

I'd rather do sat dinner somewhere other than Bonedaddys but i can DO bonedaddys.:smile:

Back