• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R inspired....with a twist

thanks for this pic - it's by far the most useful info I got so far in my quest to find a comparo of how Bride Brix II seats sit with an MO rail :)

You're absolutely right that sits WAY too high for my taste, I'm going for a lower look and definitely want to sit lower since my head barely touches the rear roof piece.

DSC00294.jpg

rick

Quick Update on progress (add-on's shown RED BOLD):

JDM Parts:
NSX-R “H” Hood Badge
NSX-R Door Badges
NSX-R Door Sill plates
NSX-R Horn Button
NSX-R Shift Boot
NSX-R 2002 Tail Lamps
NSX Mats with NSX-R Emblems courtesy of VanceHu
NSX-R Engine Cover - special thanks to Tom Rutherford aka SocalX
NSX-R Intake Manifold plate

NSX-R Intake Manifold cover - On Order

Replicated Parts:
NSX-R Carbon Fiber Hood courtesy of Science of Speed
NSX-R GP-Molded Carpet Kit courtesy of MovIT USA
NSX-R gauges courtesy of VanceHu
NSX-R Carbon Fiber wing courtesy of Downforce
NSX-R Carbon Fiber Front Undertray courtesy of Downforce
NSX-R Battery aluminum Undertray courtesy of Downforce

Exterior products:
Cantrell Studios GT Series Widebody courtesy of Science of Speed
Cantrell Concepts GT-Series Wide Front Fenders
Cantrell Concepts GT-Series Wide Quarter Panels
Cantrell Concepts Rocker Panels
Cantrell Concepts Race Gas Filler

Wings West front lip
Honda 2002 Rear Valence Kit
Honda S2000 side markers
Honda S2000 antenna
McCulloch 6000K HID kit courtesy of whiteNSXs
3M clear film protection courtesy of Bell’s AutoBody
Mugen reservoir covers
Mugen license bolts (throughout)
Carbon Fiber radiator duct panel
Carbon Fiber Rear Window Garnish courtesy of Downforce
Clean-Air HEPA System courtesy of Downforce
Carbon Fiber Sport Diffuser courtesy of Downforce
Carbon Fiber Rear License Plate Bezel courtesy of Downforce
Compact Fluorescent License Plate Light bar courtesy of Downforce

Work Meister S2R Wheels: Front (Face-1, 18x8), Rear (Face-2, 18x10)
Goodyear Eagle F1 Tires: Front (225/35-18), Rear (275/35-18)

Braking performance products:
Brembo Gran Turismo Big Brake Kit
Brembo E-Brake System

Interior products:
Sparco 330mm Steering Wheel
NR-G quick release
Honda DC5-R shift knob
Short Gear Stalk
Short Shift Kit
Back Yard Special Carbon Door Trim
Mugen pedals
Bride Brix II holding monsters
Bride material for door panels & sun visors

Engine products:
TAITEC GT Lightweight Exhaust
Comptech air filter
Comptech headers
Downforce AIS modified for Widebody
Coolant Expansion Tank courtesy of Science of Speed

Drivetrain performance products:
RH Engineering clutch courtesy of Autowave

Suspension performance products:
NSX-R top chassis reinforcement bar
NSX-R front chassis reinforcement bar
Tein S-tech coils

Stereo upgrades & accessories:
Kenwood DDX-7019 headunit
NSX Sub Enclosure V2 courtesy of Zetoolman
Carbon Fiber Center Console by Dali
Alpine PDX.4 AMP - On Order
Kenwood's KOS-L702 secondary monitor - On Order
SOS bracket - On Order
NSX-R Navi Pod - On Order

Parts laying around for sale:
NSX-R Rear Spoiler “Cantrell Studios” color matched, no LED courtesy of Science of Speed
OEM Hood

Last edited:
.....updated photographs, some taken during the Honda Tuning shoot

IMG_8406.jpg

That's one sexy DF diffuser
IMG_8432.jpg

Love my new JDM engine cover...thanks again Tom! :biggrin:
IMG_8436.jpg

IMG_8438.jpg

IMG_8440.jpg

IMG_8459.jpg

IMG_8508.jpg

yes I was trying to get up that damn loading dock....pics would have been hot...lol

IMG_8521.jpg

"it's not how you stand by your car.....it's how you race your car" :-D hehe
IMG_8412.jpg

IMG_8434.jpg

Last edited:
Your car is looking good. The type R engine cover is hard to get. I got impatient and got the CF cantrell concepts cover. Do you get the light reflection in your rear view mirror from the wire mesh?

The work S2R are awesome too. Too bad they don't make 17" anymore.

Can't wait until I get the body work done on mine now.

I didn't know muscle & fitness magazine did cars as well :biggrin:

Very funny Phu :tongue: to bad there arn't many ladies on this site....hehe

Your car is looking good. The type R engine cover is hard to get. I got impatient and got the CF cantrell concepts cover. Do you get the light reflection in your rear view mirror from the wire mesh?

The work S2R are awesome too. Too bad they don't make 17" anymore.

Can't wait until I get the body work done on mine now.

Thanks. Yes, all JDM parts seem like a mission to obtain. Seems I always have something on order....I hear patience is a virtue :wink:

Yes I do....that reflection is awesome. I get the see the most expensive piece of steel I have ever paid for :tongue:

Which body work are you going with?

Jose,

always a pleasure to revisit your thread, your NSX is looking really good.

RJ helped me with the OEM engine cover same as yours and yes, patience really is a virtue with these parts!

I like the rear diffusor, have you had any clearance issues?

Keep up the geat work

regards, Paul

Thanks Paul.

The major clearance issue would be parking into a stall. Be careful not to back all the way up to the concrete car stop as the diffuser doesn't clear. Other than that some caution at driveway entrances. Mine is still in great condition and I'm an 1-1/4" lowered.

Jose,

always a pleasure to revisit your thread, your NSX is looking really good.

RJ helped me with the OEM engine cover same as yours and yes, patience really is a virtue with these parts!

I like the rear diffusor, have you had any clearance issues?

Keep up the geat work

regards, Paul

car looks great - the only thing I'd do is paint the inside of the rear valence black like OEM... but other than that all the mods are tasteful and clean. nice work!

....was painted purposely as to give the illusion as if the car is lower than it really is. :smile:

besides, I want to be different.....just like everybody else ;-)

car looks great - the only thing I'd do is paint the inside of the rear valence black like OEM... but other than that all the mods are tasteful and clean. nice work!

Last edited:
....was painted purposely as to give the illusion as if the car is lower than it really is. :smile:

thats cool... to each his own :)

maybe throw in an 02 conversion on the front end? :D

.....and finally the stereo installation is complete :rolleyes:

Parts List:
Kenwood DDX-7019 head unit
Kenwood LZ-L702W monitor
V2 Enclosure w/ 10" JL Audio sub courtesy of Zetoolman
Alpine PDX.4 amplifier
MB Quartz Reference speakers
SOS bracket
NSX-R Navi Pod
OEM 'modified' center console

Basically my friend Scott Tran @ Kar Fanatics, (714) 557-4143, performed the Zetoolman V2 sub, head unit, door speakers, amp installation along with the Dali CF console cut and install. Install and wiring were fantastic; however, the console had poor fitment and didn't seat flush in the middle portion where the double din seats.

Now, I have spent way to much time and money to date to settle for a half-assed look, so I was referred to Eric @ Speaker Works in Orange, (714) 997-9880, where I took the OEM console and vision of what I was looking for. Rob, the craftsman, took a look at it and asked exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a double din cut on the OEM console and the ashtray removed with a flush face for future installation of two gauges. Also, I wanted the cut to accommodate the reverse-tilt feature on the Kenwood unit with no ugly nor huge gaps. He asked paint to match the factory color? I preferred to match the Honda Navigation Pod face color of Satin Black. My goal was an OEM look with a much needed stereo facelift. I also had Speaker Works provide the mounting of the secondary monitor into the Navi Pod and finalize connections.

Of course Murphy's law took into effect :mad: as there was a slight hiccup in the secondary monitor. The Kenwood rep. supplied me with the incorrect monitor which wasn't a direct plug into the DDX-7019, but Rob helped me though the situation, acquired the correct monitor model number and the Speaker Works team was quickly on it. Joe called Eric and they managed to get the LZ-L702W monitor that day and delivered Vanessa on schedule. :smile:

Overall I am completely happy with my finished product and give both Kar Fanatics and Speaker Works two thumbs up.

for starters
BrideNSX.jpg

DSC00861.jpg

Head Unit install
DSC00863.jpg

Amp install
DSC00865.jpg

DSC00866.jpg

Door speakers
DSC00871.jpg

Double Din cut, ashtray removal and 1/4" plexiglass installation
ATT00005.jpg

ATT00010.jpg

Monitor placement and installation in JDM Navi Pod
ATT00015.jpg

the much needed interior facelift....
DSC00892.jpg

DSC00891.jpg

DSC00887.jpg

Reverse tilt
DSC00890.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

w/o floor mat
DSC00893.jpg

w/ floor mat
DSC00894.jpg

DSC00895.jpg

me
:biggrin:

omg! Very clean man wow!

does the head unit flip down to insert a CD? I want a head unit that has no moving parts all touch screen... :)

Last edited:
Hi Jose,

I have been looking for an update similar to yours. I have few questions. First, is the unit bluetooth ready? Also, if I just want to head unit, what kind of cost (both hardware and installation labor) will I be looking at? Lastly, do I need to go to both guys or do I go to just one for installation? Thanks in advance for your reply.

P.S. Great Job... Looks very factory equipt.

omg! Very clean man wow!

does the head unit flip down to insert a CD? I want a head unit that has no moving parts all touch screen... :)

Thanks man :cool:

Yes it does "slide" down and horizontal for access to the CD/DVD player. Also, this unit has not only the tilt feature but the exclusive Reverse Tilt Mechanism to help reduce glare.

Well, I may have something of interest to you....I purchased the KOS-L702 monitor which I was told was a direct plug-in to my unit; however,this monitor is additional stereo with AM/FM controlability with the use of an Integrated A/V Controller. So instead I will be putting this monitor up for sale for $350.00.

For sale:
KOS-L702 (6.95" Wide Touchscreen Monitor)
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/Mobile_Video_n_Navigation/Mobile_Video/KOS-L702

General Features
• 6.95-inch LCD screen for use with the KOS-V1000/KOS-V500 CarPortal Products
• Hard Key Controls for Volume, Video, Menu, etc.
• Direct Select Satellite Radio, iPod, USB, Video.

Required unit:
KOS-V500 (Advanced Integration A/V Controller)
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/CarPortal™/KOS-V500

General Features
• 1 USB Port
• AAC WMA MP3
• iPod-Video Direct
• 2 External Switch
• Bluetooth H/F Ready
• SAT Radio Ready
• HD Radio Ready
• 50WX4 MOFSET
• 3 RCA PREOUTS 2V
• CarPortal
• 2AV-In 1AV-Out
• Nav Ready
• Multi-Task Browser

or

KOS-V1000 (Advanced Integration A/V Controller)
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/CarPortal™/KOS-V1000
General Features
• 2 USB Ports
• AAC WMA MP3
• iPod-Video Direct
• 4 External Switch
• Bluetooth H/F Ready
• 3(GOLD) RCA PREOUTS 5V
• 50WX4 MOFSET
• CarPortal
• Multi-Task Browser
• 2AV-In 2AV-Out
• RDS

Last edited:
Hi Jose,

I have been looking for an update similar to yours. I have few questions. First, is the unit bluetooth ready? Also, if I just want to head unit, what kind of cost (both hardware and installation labor) will I be looking at? Lastly, do I need to go to both guys or do I go to just one for installation? Thanks in advance for your reply.

P.S. Great Job... Looks very factory equipt.

Yes, my particular unit is bluetooth ready. Here's a link to the specifications of the DDX-7019 http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/2007_Car_Entertainment/DDX7019

However, I purchased the unit roughly a year ago so I'm sure their are many newer models to choose from. I recommend visiting the Kenwood site are see their selection.

I believe the gentlemen over at Speaker Works can quote you for both hardware and installation labor & perform a complete install. I purchased my equipment from a close buddy so my cost wouldn't be accurate.

hope that helped

It has been awhile since I checked this thread...WOW! This is my all time favorite car. I see that you have it for sale........I wish I had the cash to buy it. Best of luck with the sale. What am I saying.......I hope you don't sell it and keep adding more stuff to it.:biggrin:

That is an awesome install! That looks totally professional, very clean! That's worthy of the quality of an NSX.

DSC02305.jpg

how did you do this?? can u buy the NSX-R face??

I think this is the VanceHu overlay kit, same set up as myself. Initial run was only 6 sets.

You can do the red trim rings to the OEM set up, and you could create the needles with care. Not sure how you could recreate the dials though. I think Vance was talking about another run so may be worth a quick pm...

HTH

I think this is the VanceHu overlay kit, same set up as myself. Initial run was only 6 sets.

You can do the red trim rings to the OEM set up, and you could create the needles with care. Not sure how you could recreate the dials though. I think Vance was talking about another run so may be worth a quick pm...

HTH

Yes that is correct! Contact VanceHu and see if he can help.

Back