• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Superbowl Ad

Did anyone notice that the exhaust note at the end of the commercial sounds just the same as our cars? :cool: Time to step the game up Acura...that thing better sound like a Formula 1 car by 2015!

2015? It better look better by then and be 1000 hp. I think by the time it is out people will see it as old not new.

I agree. They did the same thing with the Chevy Camaro. Stringing it along, by the time it actually came out it didn't look so fresh anymore and lost a lot of the "Wow-factor".

I love how the lights come on... I hope they keep that!

Maybe if all this "beak" complaining stops that can stay. It is very neat. I love the front end of the car. AS IS.

Acura is of course bringing more attention to the brand but they didnt spend millions of dollars to air this super bowl ad thats says "Acura NSX.....its coming" to not release it.

They spent millions of dollars in advertising because they're loosing so much money now with their horrible current lineup. The brand needs attention. Leverage a Halo car concept and get the buzz going.. but honestly can they keep the buzz going for 3 years? I don't know..

Anyway, if they don't sell cars now, they won't be around to sell the NSX in 3 years.
http://www.torquenews.com/1063/2012-acura-tsx-posts-record-sales-acura-and-honda-struggle

I guess there is no more hope of them not calling this pretender an NSX. F#(k you Honda.

It will NOT be 3 years. I am certain of this.

I guess there is no more hope of them not calling this pretender an NSX. F#(k you Honda.

LOL... yeah but now they have to deliver. If it was called something else at least they could get away with a flop.

Great commercial! Great idea! But a few years too early. The car will need to look a little different just to be fresh when it releases. 3 years doesn't sound far from the announcement. But a commercial is something else.

I just love this commercial! I wonder if that the real exhaust note?

nice little sound tease at the end where the throttle is blipped. Anyone think that will be accurate?

Come on! Dont you even recognise the exhaust note of the car you are driving?

I think it was a nice touch by Acura to actually use the exhaust note from an NSX in this commercial.

Leno and Seinfeld are near notorious in their disdain for Japanese cars, and Leno has on a few occasions said the original NSX just wasn't at the level of the European greats - and they get those guys to push the brand? Really?

So why not a commercial with Alex Zanardi and Jenson Button walking through an Acura lot and they stop next to a 2005 NSX in the 'used' section and this new thing, they walk around them both and say 'sold!' and then flip a coin (super bowl style) to see who gets the new one...and the guy with the old one is just as happy driving away...

Nobody who watches the SB would know who either guy was I'm afraid...maybe they could get Mario...

Leno and Seinfeld are near notorious in their disdain for Japanese cars, and Leno has on a few occasions said the original NSX just wasn't at the level of the European greats - and they get those guys to push the brand? Really?

So why not a commercial with Alex Zanardi and Jenson Button walking through an Acura lot and they stop next to a 2005 NSX in the 'used' section and this new thing, they walk around them both and say 'sold!' and then flip a coin (super bowl style) to see who gets the new one...and the guy with the old one is just as happy driving away...

Nobody who watches the SB would know who either guy was I'm afraid...maybe they could get Mario...

I wholeheartedly agree, but unfortunately few Americans know who Button, Zanardi, Andretti, or Senna are.

Come on! Dont you even recognise the exhaust note of the car you are driving?

I think it was a nice touch by Acura to actually use the exhaust note from an NSX in this commercial.

my car definatly does not sound like that, so I wouldn't know. To me, my car sounds quite when im inside, but others have noted its very loud when I'm on the throttle.

I wholeheartedly agree, but unfortunately few Americans know who Button, Zanardi, Andretti, or Senna are.

I was just going to say the same thing. You guys have to understand that theyre not just marketing this car to current NSX owners and the very few of us in the US that actually can name every formula 1 team and their drivers! EVERYONE knows who Leno and Seinfeld are and the general public would probably rather see them than Button and Zanardi..........to which they would ask..."who are these guys with funny accents?!?"

So I just started watching this video, then was like holy $hit, the sales guy is my friend from college we were RA's together! Crazy!

EVERYONE knows who Leno and Seinfeld are and the general public would probably rather see them than Button and Zanardi...​

So they are making this car for the general public? If the point of a "Halo Car" is to bring people in to see the other cars in the line they CAN afford, how do we explain the fact that NOBODY knows what the first NSX was? The general public as a whole are the people who ask "what kind of car is that?" when I'm out and about - but Car Guys (like Leno and Seinfeld), the people who know what it is AND will potentially purchase one - they ALL know who the drivers are.

I'll bet you a plug nickel that after the commercial runs there will not be a line of "general public" at the Acura dealers getting on the list - but maybe some car guys will. My prediction? They sell less of the "new" NSX than they did of the old.

Also, the engine start sound is a LOT like the Mercedes SLS...but hopefully it was at least one of our cars...

Hey we haven't all drank the kookaid just bc they finally picked a new concept after a decade. Not everything deserves to wear the NSX moniker much less an Audi photocopy. :p

The nsx commercial isn't to sell the nsx it's to bring attention to acura and sell more cars. The nsx isn't being made so acura can make money selling it, it's to bring in buyers into the showroom and buy a rdx or whatever acura sells.

exactly,

other japanese auto makers lost money on the supra, 3000gt, rx-7, etc.

it's to build brand power.

They should have got Elaine to do the commercial, she at least owns an NSX and used it once on Seinfeld! (Muffin tops episode) ... and yes it was hers.

I'm surprised Jerry would entertain doing an Ad for Acura seeing as he's a devoted Porsche owner.

But then again $$$ talks...

Nice R8!:biggrin:

Back