• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC - Cruise & BBQ at Speedstar Markham Sunday April 28 2013 10am-3pm

Can someone post an exact address for the Starbucks on Richmond Hill? I think Carlotta and I are coming.

1241 Elgin Mills Road East Richmond Hill ON

It's west of the 404 on Elgin Mills Road. You'll have to pass Leslie St, then Redstone Rd and it'll be on the South Side of Elgin Mills.

Screenshot_2013-04-22-22-31-29_zps9085a5d2.png

Last edited:
Well the car had spacers but oe wheel studs and because of my own procrastination on installed extended studs this happened. Best best and only suggestion to anyone wanting to install spacers greater then 5 mm is to use arp extended studs. They are really long and allow you to use as big a spacer as you want and will give enough threads for the nut to catch plenty. Sorry for posting all this in this thread just responding.

I was very surprised when I went to see the car today at the body shop they already fixed the quarter and the rear is ready for paint tomorrow I was amazed. What a great body shop! There's a few small touch ups I want them to do since the car is there but if the progress keeps going the way it is now it may just be ready this weekend...fingers crossed!

Maybe I'll go by in the Jetta

Thanks butter and Pchpleno you're very lucky that this didn't happen at 140 kmph or something. Did you hear any kind of noise or was there an indication of any kind before it let go?

Well the car had spacers but oe wheel studs and because of my own procrastination on installed extended studs this happened. Best best and only suggestion to anyone wanting to install spacers greater then 5 mm is to use arp extended studs. They are really long and allow you to use as big a spacer as you want and will give enough threads for the nut to catch plenty. Sorry for posting all this in this thread just responding.

I was very surprised when I went to see the car today at the body shop they already fixed the quarter and the rear is ready for paint tomorrow I was amazed. What a great body shop! There's a few small touch ups I want them to do since the car is there but if the progress keeps going the way it is now it may just be ready this weekend...fingers crossed!

Maybe I'll go by in the Jetta

Good to hear the car might be ready brother!

I'm going to be leaving the Hamilton area about 845-900. Does anyone want to take a run up the 407 together?

I'm looking at you Coolberg, Bruno, aluminum and 8400.

Let me know.

Its been quite a while since I've been able to swing into Toronto with the NSX. Count me (+1 possibly) in. Looking forward to seeing the gang on Sunday.

Best regards,
Jeff

Sounds like fun. Count me in.

Ok. So far I've got Coolberg and 8400rpm in.

The address is:

737 Golf Links Road, Hamilton (Ancaster), Ontario. It's about 2 minutes off both the 403 and The Lincoln Alexander Parkway.

We should meet for 830 for a 900am departure to Richmond Hill.

Its been quite a while since I've been able to swing into Toronto with the NSX. Count me (+1 possibly) in. Looking forward to seeing the gang on Sunday.

Best regards,
Jeff

It will be great to see you on Sunday Jeff.

You Can hook up with the St. Thomas guy (cool berg).

Bram

Thanks butter and Pchpleno you're very lucky that this didn't happen at 140 kmph or something. Did you hear any kind of noise or was there an indication of any kind before it let go?

I was actually going 80-100 km/h approaching the turn. Thank god it held together just long enough to complete the turn. There was no sign or indication. It actually sounded like a flat tire for a moment then the loud bang came while I was slowing down

Everything is prepped on the car already wow I'm amazed and very happy with body shop. If they paint tomorrow or even Thursday I might just make it out!

I was actually going 80-100 km/h approaching the turn. Thank god it held together just long enough to complete the turn. There was no sign or indication. It actually sounded like a flat tire for a moment then the loud bang came while I was slowing down

That right there ^ is the stuff that my paranoia is made of. It makes me want to change out wheel studs.

Ok guys, it looks like Coolberg and 8400rpm are meeting tomorrow at Starbucks in Ancaster for a pre cruise cruise.

The address is 737 Golf Links Road, Hamilton (Ancaster).

I will be there for 8:30 am, with rollout at 9:00am.

My phone number, if anyone wishes to join us is 905 658 0157.

Can't wait, tomorrow looks stellar!

Ok guys, decided that I am going. The X isn't done yet unfortunately but I didn't finish my Jetta engine swap so if no one minds I'll come in the Jetta to this one event lol.

See you all at 10!

Some quick pics taken from today:

IMG-20130428-WA0005_zpsfcc96a75.jpg

IMG-20130428-WA0006_zps4a179c6e.jpg

IMG-20130428-WA0003_zpsede909e4.jpg

IMG-20130428-WA0004_zps78d768a2.jpg

IMG-20130428-WA0002_zps5ec3f3b7.jpg

IMG-20130428-WA0001_zpsc1159347.jpg

Definitely a fun day with a great group. Thanks to Albert for hosting us and our NSXCC execs for those cool key tags (membership renewal gift). Saw a few cars and met a few owners for the first time today which was pretty cool. Thanks Owen for putting together the pre-meet and cruise. Hope to see you all soon again. For those going to Est Fest have a great time!

Last edited:
Nice shots butter!

Thanks for a great morning to the NSXCC staff and Albert for your hospitality as well as a well fun cruise! I'm a "newb" to the club so great to meet some more of the members and ones i have met online in person.

Yeah, great time all around. Eric, my wife took some nice shots of our two cars together on her camera phone. I'll post them here or on FB and tag me in yours pls.

Wow my Jetta really does look like the fat ugly girl next to those NSX's lol kinda reminds me of that pic online of the 15 or so NSX's and one gtr haha

Great day. Thank you NSXCC and Speedstar for the great day. Nice to see everyone again, hopefully the next time will be with my NSX

What a great day with great friends on some great roads!

Thanks to Albert and Frank for hosting the barbecue.

Thanks to Albert and SpeedStar for a great day and BBQ. Glad to see everyone and to meet some new folks too. It was a great cruise had a great time, except for the slightly long stop (Thanks Paul).

Special thanks to those that drove for several hours to attend this event.

Great pictures too guys, keep posting.

Bram

Last edited:
Back