• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXclear.com Front Side Marker Replacements

IMG_9265_lg.jpg

Anyone know who owns this nsx? or the user name?

Car looks great! PM me contact info if possible.

nsxclear you ever thought of doing the rears reflectors also ?

I've been extremely busy and I can't commit to making the rear sets yet.

RYU,
yes, if you have pictures of them, please post. I would really like pictures of them with the lights on and off.

If you are interested in purchasing the NSXclear.com side makers, I will be offering a very special pricing for the summer. Please keep you eye out for the new thread with details or PM me.

Thanks.

so you will make some rear sets in the future?:smile:

If you are interested in purchasing the NSXclear.com side makers, I will be offering a very special pricing for the summer. Please keep you eye out for the new thread with details or PM me.

Thanks.

Doh! :mad: I just bought these on your website the other day, anyway I can still get this *very special pricing*? :wink:

I will continue to wait until rear sets are available. I don't see the point in replacing just the front and leaving the rear as is, it seems "uneven" to me. I'd prefer to replace them all out at the same time.

So - I will remain on standby. :biggrin:

I've been extremely busy and I can't commit to making the rear sets yet.

The day you do, I am SO in. I agree with HIJACKER that clear fronts and red rears make the car look "uneven". I replaced the OEM red rear side markers in a G2 Legend Coupe with the clears and it made all the difference in the world. You wouldn't think something that small would make THAT big a difference but it does.

This problem has to do more with the design of the original side marker.

This side marker is a bit unusual from modern side markers. Modern side markers do not use a rubber gasket. Therefore, you can put a lot of glue and adhesive to give a weatherproof seal without compromising appearance.

These are clear side markers with a rubber gasket. If I put more glue, it will be visible on the side marker. If the side marker did not have a rubber gasket, I could put much more glue and it wouldn't be very visible because it is near the edge.

I did my very best to balance the two. I had to balance aesthetics and at the same time keep as much moisture out of the side markers. With clear side markers and a rubber gasket, there really isn't much that can be done. In fact, I had toss out many side markers because there was too much glue on them and they looked very ugly (but were waterproof).

If you have any ideas on how to solve this problem, I would love to hear them.

Last edited:
mugen :smile:

I had no problem installing my left side marker. But trying to remove the right side, I just can't get the clip to budge. The left popped out no problem.. I thought I was going to be done in 2 min total. I spent the next hour trying to get the right side to pop out and it just wouldn't. I can't imagine someone glued it. Did anyone else have this issue?

Are you using my instructions for removal? Are you trying to remove them from the back, after removing a couple wheel well clips?

You can also try using the service manual method with a flat head screw driver and a rag to protect the paint. This method requires prying with the screw driver. This method is on the last page of my instruction manual. Be very careful if you are using this method. You can also find the instruction manual on my website: www.nsxclear.com

You can also try both method at the same time.

Has your fender been repainted. I've had hard times removing side markers when the fender had been repainted. Sometimes the painter puts back the side marker before the paint is fully dry.

Last edited:
I focused on your instructions and went through the inner fender after removing the clips. After a while I began to try the screwdriver method but didn't want to get aggressive with it in fear of my hand slipping and messing up the paint. I haven't tried since that day but would like to again. I am not sure if the front was repainted but I find it weird that one came out in 2 seconds and the other won't budge at all. I really want to get these installed too.

I focused on your instructions and went through the inner fender after removing the clips. After a while I began to try the screwdriver method but didn't want to get aggressive with it in fear of my hand slipping and messing up the paint. I haven't tried since that day but would like to again. I am not sure if the front was repainted but I find it weird that one came out in 2 seconds and the other won't budge at all. I really want to get these installed too.

I had this same issue. My driver side lense came out in 2 seconds. The passenger side would not want to come out. I had eventually got it out by really pressing on the clip hard, like really HARD. IT was also very difficult to get the new reflector in. I think it really has to do with the fender itself vs the reflectors clips.

Looks great on my Sebring Silver though. Here's a pic from a car meet I just went to.
82c9c6d0.jpg

At certain angles the lense looks darker than the paint but in other angles it looks like the exact same color. The light clear ones I think are great on a Sebring Silver.

Last edited:
i have to agree with the others stating that WE NEED rear sidemarkers also! :cool: it really gives the NSX a better appearance with all 4 markers in same colour. personally i won't buy the front ones before the rears eventually are on the market.
here in Norway it's NOT allowed with the red rear sidemarkers, so the sollution for now over here is to paint over it (no, it's not enough to remove the bulb) however, it IS allowed to have the amber sidemarkers both in front and rear! (stupid, i know!) so you see, i have to find some clear/smoke sidemarkers for all four corners and use amber bulb in the rear also! :biggrin:

Back