• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXclear.com Front Side Marker Replacements

While some are worried about legality, there seems to be some confusion and it does change from state to state, but seriously guys , how many cops will really care to check every light on the car, I doubt very many. The biggest giveaway is teh lack of DOT #s on the lens , I think a pretty big company got in trouble a while back for prning fake #s on their lights.

These ARE AWESOME! I need the rears now!!!

The biggest giveaway is teh lack of DOT #s on the lens , I think a pretty big company got in trouble a while back for prning fake #s on their lights.

I think the biggest giveaway is that they're not orange. :biggrin:

I just know the legality here in Southern CA because we used to do these mods back in high-school (pre Fast & Furious days) and would always get hassled. Reasons we probably got hassled were: 1) we were big groups of young teenagers. 2) we were always trying to stand out (loud stereos, loud exhausts, burnouts, flashy lights, etc) 3) we'd regularly attend the illegal street races.

Since I believe most of the NSX owners don't follow these trends, I think the likelihood of getting a ticket would be practically 0 for most buyers. Even if you did get a ticket, it would most likely be a minor "fix-it" ticket.

But seriously. . I these look like an AWESOME mod, like everyone else says. Quality looks top notch and I praise you for getting these on the market!

The only reason I'm not getting a set is because my car is red and I'm actually looking for a red set so that they blend in (even though red in the front is illegal :smile: ). But if I had a black, silver, white, or grey NSX, I'd be all over this in an instant!

Last edited:
<h4>Special Intro Price Ends: July 6, 2020 Midnight PST
$175.00/pair (Reg. Price: $225.00)</h4>

I just received the replacement metal clips. You will not have to re-use any parts of your OEM side markers. NSXclear.com side markers are now complete drop-in replacements.

My web hosting and paypal is having intermittent technical issues. Please add your name to the list and I will contact you with payment information.

1. NSXclear - Dark Smoke
2. manh - 2 color option (clear and smoke)
3. gomaidy - Clear
4. BATMANs - dark smoked

Any ETA guesstimates?

I just dropped off your side markers at the post office. You should have it at your door either tomorrow or Friday.

If the dark smoke is too dark, I can exchange it for a lighter color. But most people seem to like it. Just let me know.

I'm sure, I'll stick with these, given that my rear tails are darker than that.

1. NSXclear - Dark Smoke
2. manh - 2 color option (clear and smoke)
3. gomaidy - Clear
4. BATMANs - dark smoked
5. kennyc - smoke

1. NSXclear - Dark Smoke
2. manh - 2 color option (clear and smoke) [shipped 06/22/10]
3. gomaidy - Clear [shipped 06/22/10]
4. BATMANs - dark smoked [shipped 06/23/10]
5. kennyc - smoke [shipped 06/23/10]
6. makav3li - 3 color option (black car)
7. kwinkler - dark smoked [shipped 06/23/10]
8. GlowNSX - dark smoked [shipped 06/23/10]
9. stevieray - clear [shipped 06/23/10]
10. SMYLDOC - dark smoked [shipped 06/23/10]

1. NSXclear - Dark Smoke
2. manh - 2 color option (clear and smoke) [shipped 06/22/10]
3. gomaidy - Clear [shipped 06/22/10]
4. BATMANs - dark smoked [shipped 06/23/10]
5. kennyc - smoke [shipped 06/23/10]
6. makav3li - 3 color option (black car)
7. kwinkler - dark smoked [shipped 06/23/10]
8. GlowNSX - dark smoked [shipped 06/23/10]
9. stevieray - clear [shipped 06/23/10]
10. SMYLDOC - dark smoked [shipped 06/23/10]
11. MANIACURA - Clear

I have several customers asking about LED replacement bulbs.

I tried searching on Superbrightleds.com, but I can't figure out which one would be best for the front NSX side marker replacement.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm using the WLED Miniature Wedge Base bulbs from that replace the 168 bulb from Super Bright LEDs.

Michael

Do remember which one you used? WLED-x, WLED-x4, WLED-x5, or WLED-x6.

I remember trying to use WLED-x5 and WLED-x6 and they would not fit into the hole for the side marker housing. Maybe, they redesigned it to fit.

How about the High Power SMD LEDs version? Are these any good and do they work on the NSX side markers.

I can't remember which ones I'm using, but they fit fine. If I get a chance over the weekend I'll pull one and see what they are.

Michael

got them on this weekend, thanks for bringing all the colors.

i had tried all 3 colors since i like them all. however, with my rims being the color they are the light smoke was the best match for me.

these pictures were taken with my camera phone. couldnt find my real camera

ive seen the clear corners products and i prefer these better, plus theyre a better price and i still have my stock lights as well.

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

I got the metal clips and great instructions today. This vendor really goes out of his way to make things easy for the customer!

Based on the excellent install instructions, I started at the 1/8th recommended gap and I adjusted the metal clip down barely 1mm at a time until I found the optimal snug fit. If you push the clip too far down, then it doesn't snap into place as securely. If you don't push the clip down far enough, then you get a tiny gap where the side marker fits a bit loose against the fender.

If you are anal like me, I would recommend taking your time to find that optimal snug fit. Mine ended up still being in the 2-3mm gap range.

FYI - After I got the new metal clips in the mail today, I decided to just try and take the metal clips off the orange OEM side markers just for the heck of it. To my surprise, they popped off incredibly easy. All I did was take my index finger and lift up on the end of the metal clip, and the thing just popped out without much effort. I did it again on the 2nd side marker, and it also popped off just as easily without any damage whatsoever. I take no responsibility if yours don't come off as easily as mine, but I just thought I'd share how easy it was for me.

Excellent vendor product! Once you get these, you will definitely want a pair to match in the rear :biggrin:

Last edited:
<h4>UPDATE: 8/23/10. The new clips do not have this problem any more. The metal clips are a little shorter, allowing you to push the clip further down. For new customers, you can ignore the rest of this post #44. I am leaving it here just for reference</h4>

Thanks for the reviews and photos. I really appreciate everyone's kind words and those who have gone out of their way to post reviews or photos.

The replacement clips were still a little too long for some NSXs. On some NSXs, they seem to work okay with the clips pushed all the way down. The work around solution was to leave a 1/8 inch gap when pushing the metal clip down. This gap seem to work best on 99% of most NSX.

Here is a picture of what I am talking about:
clip-install-gap_M.jpg

There are a number of reasons I can think of, why they came out a little longer. The first reason might be that the fender I gave the manufacturer may have been a little damaged and the side marker cavity slightly distorted. The second reason might be the service manual removal method of a flat head screw driver and prying the side marker may have distorted the marker cavity. Another reason maybe because these cars were hand finished and the side marker cavity may differ from car to car.

For the best fit, it may be worthwhile to reuse your original metal clip if they come off easy for you. Some came off easier than others.

Last edited:
I got the metal clips and great instructions today. This vendor really goes out of his way to make things easy for the customer!........Based on the excellent install instructions...........Excellent vendor product! Once you get these, you will definitely want a pair to match in the rear :biggrin:

+1.

This vendor goes way over and beyond in making sure everything is dummy proof.

I just installed the dark tinted side markers with the new clips on my Berliner Black.... looks GREAT!
I am using amber 1 watt LEDs from ebay... they seem bright enough... though I must say Chris' LEDs look very tempting!

Great Job!

4750104419_14e1edaa2b_b.jpg

4750104591_1530d75602_b.jpg

The LED doesnt look as good as I thought it did... in the dark of the garage, it looks better!
4750104711_f9e00339a3_b.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. I'm a bit shocked how bright those LED bulbs are in the dark smoked side markers. They shine through very well.

They match your smoke turn signal covers very well.

I was afraid the dark smoke was not transparent enough and would block out the light completely. I'm glad that you posted pictures.

Last edited:
A lot of international orders lately.

25. D.F (Canada) - Dark Smoke [shipped 6/27/10]
26. L.M (Germany) - Clear [shipped 6/28/10]
27. S.R.W (Dubai) - Clear [shipped 6/28/10]

For those of you that pre-ordered and are still waiting for your replacement clip, please PM me. For some odd reason, I still have some extra replacement clips that were set aside specifically for the 30 sets in the pre-order group. I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Hi Ethan,
a big compliment for your customer service. The side markers arrived in Germany. The shipping was so fast, unbeliveble. I could not install it, cuz I'm waiting for my NSX. Is on the vessel to Germany.

Thanks
Rokk from Germany

Hi Ethan,
a big compliment for your customer service. The side markers arrived in Germany. The shipping was so fast, unbeliveble. I could not install it, cuz I'm waiting for my NSX. Is on the vessel to Germany.

Thanks
Rokk from Germany

Thanks Rokk. That was fast. I'm glad you like them.

<h4>LAST DAY FOR THE INTRO SALE PRICE!!!!
$175.00 </h4>

34. Russian007 - Clear [shipped 7/6/10]
35. Nero Tenebre - Clear [shipped 7/6/10]

Back