• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2007 in Ohio October 5-9 - Hold the dates!

For a 2-day event, I have been known to drive 16+ hours one-way. For 8 hours one-way, there is no excuse.
You da man Mark B, are you coming to Kid's Day this year? I've already told Mike that he's a Wuss!!!!!

Mark you tell em!PS,,I'm hanging out at your "house" at the track:wink:

You da man Mark B, are you coming to Kid's Day this year? I've already told Mike that he's a Wuss!!!!!

What is Kid's Day? Feel free to PM me if you like, so we can keep this thread on topic.

I am looking forward to this event. I have not been to an NSXPO since 1998!! YIKES!! :eek:

I am going to try to make this one.....just gotta figure out on bringing the car or not. :tongue:

Suggesting NSXPO 2007 seminar for mechanical work on the engine and transmission

I hope there will be an extensive seminar during NSXPO 2007 on doing mechanical work on engine and transmission. I just read that Larry Bastanza offered something similar a few years ago at NSXPO.

Perhaps NSXPO is an appropriate venue for a quick course. An extensive, week-long course may be arranged for a different time and location. As time goes by, my guess is that these cars will be serviced more and more by owners, so this type of course should be in demand. An instructor might want to use the quick course at NSXPO as a demo for people who are considering attending the week-long course.

An alternative and very useful format for a longer course would be to schedule it over eight weeks, meeting only once a week. This allows attendees to perform the work on their own cars during the week after seeing it done during the course.

I presume Honda no longer offers such a course for mechanics working in their dealerships, as the car is out of production. If they do, I would attend.

I presume Honda no longer offers such a course for mechanics working in their dealerships, as the car is out of production.
I doubt that Acura would stop training dealer techs just because a car model is no longer sold; if anything, it would need more service work as it ages.

I doubt that Acura would stop training dealer techs just because a car model is no longer sold; if anything, it would need more service work as it ages.

Training on the NSX ceased a long time ago. Training is offered when the vehicle is released and the classes on one model might last a few years if that.

Training on the NSX ceased a long time ago. Training is offered when the vehicle is released and the classes on one model might last a few years if that.
Might Acura archive the training material, be it a video, notes, presentation in electronic form, etc.? And allow interested owners to access that material?

Or should we pay a professional video crew to record twenty HD-DVDs worth of detailed service procedure done by a competent mechanic?

Brandon is right. Training ended in 2003 if memory serves me correctly. I believe the training car is floating around Ebay:wink:

Might Acura archive the training material, be it a video, notes, presentation in electronic form, etc.? And allow interested owners to access that material?
I don't know if it's archived, but even if it is, they won't allow non-employees to access the material. Their training materials and programs are considered proprietary and are not available to the general public (not to interested owners, and not to independent mechanics).

you ain't kidding, but I think I'd feel out of place. Kinda like a kid trying to play with the grown-ups...

Who cares; I will adopt you for the event.
Some of the St Louise contingent at the Mid-West dinner on Saturday night thought Woody was my son.:eek:
Now, Woody is fine gentleman and I would not mind having him and his car as members of the family.:biggrin:
But that statement just made me feel a bit Ancient. :rolleyes:
So what's one more member to an NSX family? :cool:

Their training materials and programs are considered proprietary and are not available to the general public (not to interested owners, and not to independent mechanics).
Yes, I know, that's the standard position all companies take.

But there is good reason for an exception here, as something as significant as this car deserves special treatment.

The Canadians are going to come out, en masse, eh.

And we're bringing our own beer ;)

And its true, CDN cars are faster than US cars.

Not last year:smile: but maybe your numbers will be stronger this year.

Some us mid-western NSXs may want to test your "faster" statement of fact with the lossers buying the beer. :eek: :biggrin: :cool:
That could amount to a lot of beer.:rolleyes:

Didn’t you mean bring the beer

Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Pahrump (Spring Mountain) were going to be the tracks used, with a never done before 1/4 mile dragstrip opportunity at LVMS.

Maybe it was the "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" stigma attached. No one would be able to tell any stories!!!!

Im up for Vegas… figure out what the committee is looking for and give it to them. Vegas and drag racing will be worth my trip.

If you want, I can see what the Palms can do for us as the host hotel.

Mikey & Ken, Get involved! warm up the entertainment and be ready for some turbo A$$ kicking-

Not last year:smile: but maybe your numbers will be stronger this year.

Didn’t you mean bring the beer

Rob,

I thought about phrasing it "bring the beer" but if the Canadians had to bring that much beer, I suspect they would detained at border for smuggling. I would not want them to miss participating at EXPO. :wink:
I just purchased a tow vehicle so now I can can carry beer as well; any requests? :biggrin:

Is Labatt Draft still made?

Back