• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO Caravan from Denver

NSXPO has been officially announced to be in Las Vegas next year, it is tentatively scheduled for Thursday 10/28/10- Monday 11/1/10. Its not likely that NSXPO will ever be closer to us than this (unless we someday get off our lazy butts and host it ourselves;). I plan on attending, its just 756 miles from Denver taking the direct route, though I think something like this would be far more enjoyable, perhaps splitting up the drive to 2 days and spending the night at Capitol Reef National Park on the way out. The roads across the middle of Utah in option 2 are some of the best I've ever driven.

Thought I'd share this as soon as possible for people that need to make travel plans far in advance. Dates for NSXPO are Thursday 10/28/10- Monday 11/1/10, so we would need to leave on 10/26 or 10/27.

Also anyone passing through Denver on their way out that would like to join us are more than welcome.

Who's interested?
-Will
-Aaron (dawk)
-Bruce (Track Junkie)
-Dale and Pam (hamiltonstephens)
-Craig (Latzke)

Last edited:
Will definitely be going and would like to join the caravan, but will be hauling the car on a trailer which gets terrible mileage, so from my standpoint, I'd probably vote for the direct route.

Bruce

I plan on going.

Option 2 sounds nice, but NSXPO will already be pretty costly in terms of days off work + days away from family + expenses. So, we'll see.

Are people doing the track days/events?

I'll be driving thru Denver and would love to tag along. Im in fav of the direct route (more time to party in Vegas) :biggrin:

any updates on this?

Not much to update at this point as we're still 5 months away. I'd really like to do the 2 day drive thought the middle of Utah/Capitol Reef. I think we should wait a bit longer to finalize. I think there may be more interest as we get closer from both locals as well as others that may meet up to caravan with us.

I'd really like to do the 2 day drive thought the middle of Utah/Capitol Reef.

The truth is, that route is only 3-4 hours longer and for me, the direct route is still a 2-day drive (I'm too old to be driving 12 hours straight thru!). Heck, if we're going to go thru Capitol Reef we might even want to consider a day at Lake Powell which is not that far a side trip...I realize it's another day, but just a thought...

I'm on-call at work until around 7-8am on the 26th...so realistically (taking unknowns into consideration) I shouldn't plan on leaving the metro area until after 10am on the 26th.

My NSXPO plans have unraveled a bit. I've lost my passenger (trip without passenger sounds less fun), may be running out of time I can take off of work, etc. Still hopeful.

I'm on-call at work until around 7-8am on the 26th...so realistically (taking unknowns into consideration) I shouldn't plan on leaving the metro area until after 10am on the 26th.

My NSXPO plans have unraveled a bit. I've lost my passenger (trip without passenger sounds less fun), may be running out of time I can take off of work, etc. Still hopeful.

Trip without passenger just means better acceleration and fuel economy:D And no one to complain about what music you decide to listen to.

UPDATE: Registration is now open at www.nsxpo2010.com/

The dates for the event are 10/27-11/1. I'd like to head up a caravan out of Denver together using one of the following options:

Option A: Leave Denver on 10-27 relatively early (8 am or so) and take the direct route on I-70 which would put us getting to Vegas sometime between 7-9pm (we gain an hour as Vegas is on Pacific time).

Option B: Leave Denver on 10-26 a little later (9 or 10ish) and drive to Capitol Reef National Park, we'd get there around 6-7pm, stay the night there and drive to Vegas the next day via this route. This route has some of the best roads and scenery around, also it would put us getting into Vegas earlier in the evening on the 27th.

If you are planning on going and are interested in joining the caravan shoot me a pm or respond to this thread and let me know which option you prefer. I've sent this out to the Colorado NSX owners email list as well, many of them are not on prime.

Will

My tentative plans at this time is to visit friends in Boulder, before heading to Las Vegas. Your option two sounds great and I would join up with your group. I was planning to do some site seeing in Utah anyway. As far as I'm concerned, the less time on the interstate, the better.
Once the time gets closer let me know where to meet up with you. Thanks; Howard

HPDE, yup. Have we all decided on when this caravan is leaving? I vote for Tuesday, the long route thru Capitol Reef. Keep in mind, I'll be pulling the trailer so nothing of the off-road variety for me! Also what are accomodations options in or near the park?

Last edited:
I've gotten less response than anticipated, I've heard from Howard (option 2), Bruce (option 2), and Jim Higby (option 1). I'll set this Friday, Oct. 1st as a deadline for indicating your preferance of option 1 (1 day straight through on I-70) or option 2 (overnight stay in Capitol Reef).

There are several hotel choices we have in Capitol Reef, most are located around Torrey, UT.

I have the OK from work and family for the extra day necessary to do the longer option (B) which sounds fun and keeps me from having to drive 12 hours solo in one day. So, preference is for B, but if option A ends up being the consensus I'd be fine with and join in on that.

Okay so it looks like we are going with option 2 through Capitol Reef.

So our plan is to meet at the Walmart here at 9:30am on Tuesday, Oct 26, We'll plan on hitting the road by 10. There is gas nearby so everyone can top off, and Walmart nearby for any last minute travel needs:)

We'll drive this route to Capitol Reef National Park.

I've secured us a block of rooms at the Sandstone Inn through 10-15, they're giving us a discounted rate of $62 for the night. The phone number for the Sandstone Inn is 435-425-3775. Again you'll want to make your reservation for Tuesday, Oct 26 and let them know you are with the NSX club of America to get the discounted rate.

This is our route to Vegas from Capitol Reef, we'll want to leave around 10 am and do lunch in Cedar City, one of the SaltLake City NSX'ers is planning to join us from there on.

This is who I have as planning to go:
Will (willerickson)
Craig (Latzke)
Howard (oldduffer)
Jim Higby (not on prime)

If anyone else is still planning to join let me know.

-Will

Last edited:
Hi, what time will you guy's be in Cedar City?

Will, thanks for organizing this.

Maybe a day or two before we head out can you send a text message to each of us with everyone's cell phone numbers? I'm thinking it would be handy to get them programmed into our phones in case we need/want to contact each other, get split up, etc. You have my number and I consent to you sharing it with others for this purpose.

Hi; I'm getting a clearer picture of where I want to go and when I'll be there. It looks like I'll be going from Boulder to Cortez Colorado. Then I'll drive Utah rt. 95 to Hanksville, and maybe catch you there, or in Torrey Tuesday evening. Any idea of ETA for Hanksville? My cell# is 352 430 8612, but I only use it on the road. I am really getting anxious to get going on "The Road to Vegas" Howard

Hi; I'm getting a clearer picture of where I want to go and when I'll be there. It looks like I'll be going from Boulder to Cortez Colorado. Then I'll drive Utah rt. 95 to Hanksville, and maybe catch you there, or in Torrey Tuesday evening. Any idea of ETA for Hanksville? My cell# is 352 430 8612, but I only use it on the road. I am really getting anxious to get going on "The Road to Vegas" Howard

I couldn't venture to guess what time we'll hit Hanksville, it depends on if Craig leads for any portion, he's notorious for leading nsx's into police traps:D Probably better off just meeting up with us at the hotel in Torrey.

Back