• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official SoCal "Sighting" Thread - post all your NSX sightings here!

Before doing some maintenance on my neglected DD (BMW 330i), I decided to take a short road trip through downtown Huntington Beach. It was about 8:45 AM when I saw these two NSXs parked in front of El Ranchito Restaurant. They were accompanied by a silver Evo MR. I pulled out my camera and took the following pics. I looked inside the restaurant to see who the owners were, but they were not inside. So, whose NSXs did I happen upon?

When I parked my car to walk over to the NSXs, I heard one guy say to his friend, "Look at that! Three of them." Well, there were three of us only briefly. :smile:

IMG_3601.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

Last edited:
Today, 9/7 around 4:30ish, saw a black one with a license plate VTECDNA traveling on Crenshaw on the hill and making a left turn on PV North. Very nice exhaust sound and the car look very nice and clean. As I park a few cars from it, I can tell the music from the car sounded pretty good too...:biggrin:

Today, 9/7 around 4:30ish, saw a black one with a license plate VTECDNA traveling on Crenshaw on the hill and making a left turn on PV North. Very nice exhaust sound and the car look very nice and clean. As I park a few cars from it, I can tell the music from the car sounded pretty good too...:biggrin:

You spotted one of the 3.8's.

on Saturday afternoon spotted a black nsx on PCH (i think?) the main road that is right next to Huntington Beach I think the license plate was "ROB CARLB" or something like that. I believe there was an intercooler sticking out from the rear as well ;) I was in a Honda FIT that I had for the weekend, tried to pull up next to you to chat but you were 1-2 cars a head and then turned.

a few minutes later I spotted a red pre 02 nsx with black top if I remember correctly at the following intersection near Dukes on HB.

Was behind a black pre-02 with 02+ rear valance and license plate WOOSH or something similar on Colima. I was in my Evo IX and wanted to get next to you to give a thumbs up before merging to the next lane to make a left but got stuck behind some slow cars.

Yellow, Sunday 9/5 at 2:30 PM traveling east on the 210 @ the 605 interchange. I was heading in the other direction in my wife's MDX. Very nice, although it was a short sighting!

Mario

Even if it is out of spec? 3.8 vs. 3.0? I thought someone told me that the most I can do on the NA1 is 3.2, because that is the largest engine shown on the original spec. Please advise. Thank you.

Well the stand alone engine management like AEM will be tuned to handle the extra displacement even tho the AEM system has no emissions function, it can be tuned to run clean (as it should be). If it's failing smog then something else is wrong.

There are plenty of threads talking about the stroker kit and how its put together in the build section I believe. It uses a different crank shaft and bigger sleeves in the block to allow for bigger pistons and longer stroke. John Martin has a 3.6L and it makes almost 500HP NA. :eek:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...stom_engine_program/NA_custom_engine_program/

Saw a black pre02 with windows down and headlights up at 4:50 this afternoon on heading west Chino Hills Pkwy and under the 71 today. Looked good! :cool:

Red 95 Plus Sunday evening at 8:45 PM on Foothill in Monrovia. I honked at you from my wife's silver MDX. Your car looked great!

Mario
95 Red/Tan

On my way to work this morning at 7:05 AM, a black NSX was heading south on MacArthur just passing through the Redhill intersection. All I saw were your headlights as I was in the left turn lane to head north on Redhill. So, who's in the neighborhood?

Red 91-94 NSX, Thursday June 25, 7 am, Foothill Blvd and Michillinda. Spotted you turning south on Michillinda. I was turning west on Foothill, but I do not believe you saw me.

I've seen in the past a red 91-94 parked on Foothill Blvd. adjacenet to Play-it-Again Sports. Same car?

Best,

Mario

I think I saw the same Red NSX again this morning (6:50 AM) in Pasadena on foothill coming out of the Sears parking lot. This time you saw me. Anyone from this forum?

Mario

Black NSX on 101 south going through hollywood on 9/26/2009 around 4:25 pm....

....you gave me a slight honk =] although i was sick and pretty non responsive, i didn't even notice until you passed me. CSU Northridge plates.

On Saturday afternoon, I spotted this NSX after it was handed over to the valet at Terranea Resort

664384683_arZs7-L.jpg

I think it could be Kyra's ride. I know hers is blue, and looks good.

Miner

no her's is an 05 LBBP... this one looks like a 97-98 Monaco Blue Pearl?

Back