• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oil leak in the gulf

Im seriously doubting the 100k a day thing:confused:. We have 2 tankers and 3 more rigs(one semi from seadril and 2 more drillships) on there way here now. We are taking on 16k barrels or so a day and the q4000 is flaring about 8k a day. We are capturing and processing 24k barrels give or take a few. The plume looks better. I've seen the long term plan and it looks feasible. Much better than a month ago. We have a monster FPSO rig coming in to take all of the oil and start refining it on the spot. I believe its coming from norway. Lots of different drilling co's coming together and sending rigs here. We have another safety co coming out to test the air. I guess somebody figured out that all of us (little people)being out here might be in some kind of danger smelling VOC's after 3 months:confused::confused:.

isn't it 100k gal a day now?

According to rk-NSXs post #186, it's right on track! Maybe not, look up to the biggest "little guy" (thats funny) on scene for the low down! #201

I'm late again as usual!
Jack

Last edited:
Im seriously doubting the 100k a day thing:confused:. We have 2 tankers and 3 more rigs(one semi from seadril and 2 more drillships) on there way here now. We are taking on 16k barrels or so a day and the q4000 is flaring about 8k a day. We are capturing and processing 24k barrels give or take a few. The plume looks better. I've seen the long term plan and it looks feasible. Much better than a month ago. We have a monster FPSO rig coming in to take all of the oil and start refining it on the spot. I believe its coming from norway. Lots of different drilling co's coming together and sending rigs here. We have another safety co coming out to test the air. I guess somebody figured out that all of us (little people)being out here might be in some kind of danger smelling VOC's after 3 months:confused::confused:.

KO, this is about the third time that you have posted with in a minute of me. Beating me everytime. Amazing! We must be on the same schedule, Ha! Like I said, best inside info available!

Jack

KO, this is about the third time that you have posted with in a minute of me. Beating me everytime. Amazing! We must be on the same schedule, Ha! Like I said, best inside info available!

Jack

Im on tower from 6 to 6pm now. we have a powerpoint presentation of what we are planning that i can email you. I'd like to post it but it might show up on cnn, then i'd have to get a pelican washing co started, because i'd get fired. The ones we see here look like they bite so i do want to do that:eek:. Send me your email address and i'll share it with you.:smile:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QwsCHd7Lcg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QwsCHd7Lcg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

i've been thinking about this 'dispersant use' situation for a while now- oil, although nasty, is still a natural occuring compound. does anyone know if EPA gave BP a release to use the dispersants or is it another 'hush & rush' deal in effort to minimize the visible presence of oil in the water? if i recall correctly, during the alaska/exxon spill it was determined that the chemical dispersants caused far larger damage to the food chain than the oil (with several species of fish still totally absent or even damaged at genetic level).

Has anyone noticed there's no mention of a plan B?
I've heard several experts say the relief wells might not work because of X.
Yet I haven't heard anything about what plan B is outside of using a nuke.

Has anyone noticed there's no mention of a plan B?
I've heard several experts say the relief wells might not work because of X.
Yet I haven't heard anything about what plan B is outside of using a nuke.

I would guess that they would continue drilling as many relief wells as necessary to tap off and reduce the pressure. Then they would plug that other leaking mother for good.

It seems weird that the only way to fix a leaking well is to drill more wells! But there is one thing for sure, they have to succeed. Anytime that a Plan B is needed, it means that Plan A was a waste of time and that Plan B wasn't even considered for Plan A! eek: So where does that leave us?

Jack

If my timing is spot on, KO should be posting up with in 59-seconds before I hit send. Ha! :biggrin: So here it goes!

So KO, just cus your fighting this oil leak there is no reason to be late with your reports! I'm really pissed!

Just Kidding. Get some rest!

Jack

This water is really creepy.... WTF...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qO193f8xAls&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qO193f8xAls&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Does anyone know that on April 12th Halliburton bought all available stock of Boots and Coots, the world's largest oil response and cleanup company?

This is 8 days before the disaster. 240 million dollars in stock buys.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but this news makes me uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Does anyone know that on April 12th Halliburton bought all available stock of Boots and Coots, the world's largest oil response and cleanup company?

This is 8 days before the disaster. 240 million dollars in stock buys.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but this news makes me uncomfortable.
the wires have been alive with it for a long time:

http://tinyurl.com/2e6jobw

This might be why we don't hear too much about plan B. They don't want to scare people if not necessary.
What do youguys think? Possible?
What about if the oil is still leaking in 2-3 years?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oPiFxNnNLiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oPiFxNnNLiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPK7i491Ix0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPK7i491Ix0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

now that texas too has oil on the beaches i wonder if we still have active 'defenders' of the 'big oil attitude'.

edit: read- attitude not 'stop drilling'.

Last edited by a moderator:
now that texas too has oil on the beaches i wonder if we still have active 'defenders' of the 'big oil attitude'.

Oh sweet jesus dude. You do know that oil and oil byproducts make up just about everything in your daily life right? I tell you what ill stop using oil as soon as you stop using your computer, your ipod your car, your shoes, your cellphone, your tv...in fact heres a short list of some procucts made from oil...
Ammonia, Anesthetics, Antihistamines, Artificial limbs, Artificial Turf, Antiseptics, Aspirin, Auto Parts, Awnings, Balloons, Ballpoint pens, Bandages, Beach Umbrellas, Boats, Cameras, Candles, Car Battery Cases, Carpets, Caulking, Combs, Cortisones, Cosmetics, Crayons, Credit Cards, Curtains, Deodorants, Detergents, Dice, Disposable Diapers, Dolls, Dyes, Eye Glasses, Electrical Wiring Insulation, Faucet Washers, Fishing Rods, Fishing Line, Fishing Lures, Food Preservatives, Food Packaging, Garden Hose, Glue, Hair Coloring, Hair Curlers, Hand Lotion, Hearing Aids, Heart Valves, Ink, Insect Repellant, Insecticides, Linoleum, Lip Stick, Milk Jugs, Nail Polish, Oil Filters, Panty Hose, Perfume, Petroleum Jelly, Rubber Cement, Rubbing Alcohol, Shampoo, Shaving Cream, Shoes, Toothpaste, Trash Bags, Upholstery, Vitamin Capsules, Water Pipes, Yarn...

Ok now, you go first.

Last edited:
Oh sweet jesus dude. You do know that oil and oil byproducts make up just about everything in your daily life right? I tell you what ill stop using oil as soon as you stop using your computer, your ipod your car, your shoes, your cellphone, your tv...in fact heres a short list of some procucts made from oil...
Ammonia, Anesthetics, Antihistamines, Artificial limbs, Artificial Turf, Antiseptics, Aspirin, Auto Parts, Awnings, Balloons, Ballpoint pens, Bandages, Beach Umbrellas, Boats, Cameras, Candles, Car Battery Cases, Carpets, Caulking, Combs, Cortisones, Cosmetics, Crayons, Credit Cards, Curtains, Deodorants, Detergents, Dice, Disposable Diapers, Dolls, Dyes, Eye Glasses, Electrical Wiring Insulation, Faucet Washers, Fishing Rods, Fishing Line, Fishing Lures, Food Preservatives, Food Packaging, Garden Hose, Glue, Hair Coloring, Hair Curlers, Hand Lotion, Hearing Aids, Heart Valves, Ink, Insect Repellant, Insecticides, Linoleum, Lip Stick, Milk Jugs, Nail Polish, Oil Filters, Panty Hose, Perfume, Petroleum Jelly, Rubber Cement, Rubbing Alcohol, Shampoo, Shaving Cream, Shoes, Toothpaste, Trash Bags, Upholstery, Vitamin Capsules, Water Pipes, Yarn...

Ok now, you go first.

You forgot asphalt, a key ingredient for those of us that like to wear our oil-based tires out.

You forgot asphalt, a key ingredient for those of us that like to wear our oil-based tires out.

Touche.

I swear the holier than thou types screaming about the evil big oil. THEY are big oil, YOU are big oil, I am big oil. We use slightly less than half a barrel of oil for gasoline and the rest goes to just about everything else in the world that we use on a daily basis.
So yeah lets stop drilling and figure out a way to make all the evil oil based products out of rabbit crap.

You guys forgot GAS.

This is a car forum isn't it? :eek:

just making sure you are still awake, lol.

biscuit, do not make the mistake that i don't think oil is important- it is even more important how we get it, and obviously ignoring the issues (time and time again) is not the way to go. if that is 'holy' then you should pray to that idea daily. this is not about ABSENCE of oil drilling but about the lack of transparency and professional ignorance as this entire BP circus shows.
fyi, everything you listed CAN be made of other substances and in the past most of them were. now they are made of oil as it is convenient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back