• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oil leak in the gulf

Its funny, they ask for people to volunteer to help clean up, give up their time, their money, but then they have plenty of money to run ads. How much wildlife could the money for all this advertising save? It's all about the image, not about the actual damage. The ads make me angry. They should be banned. They know that they can get away with it so long as there is not too much public anger. They will keep it all quiet, keep lying about the amount of oil and damage, and eventually the public, ith its short attention span, will just forget.

I cannot believe the long lines I saw at a BP gas station yesterday. WTF... I wouldn't pump there if they were the last station on the planet. I'd rather walk. And one of my friends yesterday:

"Hey man, its a great time to buy BP stock".... I said "don't you have any morals?" and his response "F morals, I want money".

That response pretty much said it all.

New regulations will only keep new, potentially more moral, players from entering the marketplace because all of the sudden, the hurdles are so high, the only ones that can afford to compete are the ones that have been in the game a while.

....and if the bottom of the truth could be found the very ones who can afford to compete are behind the laws that make it impossible for others infiltrate their monopoly.

So, where are all the "Save the Gulf" concerts? Where are the T.V. Benefits with celebrities and musicians giving heart felt speeches on the poor fisherman, wildlife, beaches, loss of income and sabotaged gulf economy? I find it rather strange how these people (including our own government) are so quick to help Haiti and.. ...other countries but ... sit on their asses for this one.

So, where are all the "Save the Gulf" concerts? Where are the T.V. Benefits with celebrities and musicians giving heart felt speeches on the poor fisherman, wildlife, beaches, loss of income and sabotaged gulf economy? I find it rather strange how these people (including our own government) are so quick to help Haiti and.. ...other countries but ... sit on their asses for this one.
The're all busy saving the rest of the world, for the rest of the world!

Jack

Any updates, KO-NSX ?

WE still have the top hat in place. We are taking on the oil and flaring the gas off, it souds like a jet out on deck. Another drillship (the discoverer clear leader) is heading over to attach to the top hat as well, to flare and take on/process the crude. the q4000 is prepping to attach to the choke/kill lines and take pressure off the well as well and they are setting a flare. So in a week or so the ROV shots posted on CNN should show a lot less gas/crude escaping.

We had a small fire in the derrick this morning. Lightning struck the derrick at the crowne level(top level). The vent gas from the cargo tanks vent there and it ignited from the lighting strike. When they sounded that alarm i was like why are we having a drill? Then the captain said, "THIS IS NOT A DRILL, WE HAVE A FIRE IN THE DERRICK!" It sounded like a herd of cattle running full speed outside my door!!:eek::eek:
On a good note we had a very speedy response and we were pretty confident that we could get off in plenty of time and safely. We have a few men from the horizon here and im sure they were not pleased.

I think that with 3 rigs attached to the well, containment should be positive. The dd2 or 3 is getting closer to the depth needed to relieve the well. the other DD is still drilling.

I also hearing the BP nor transocean has compensated the victims of the families. Im not absolutely positive where transocean is on that, but they give us 100k in accidental death ins and we can pay for additional coverage. From what i hear BP has not offered anything to the families in the form of information or compensation. I'm not surprised. I believe quite of a few individuals will recieve jail time before its said and done.

Here are some aerial pics from BP. I wish they would show more interviews of the people actually working out here instead of all the undated beach and bird photos, or landing on the helideck saying some cirlce jerk shit and taking back off. Our benzine levels are high and we have full face mask to wear, plus its 100 degrees out here on deck. To top it all off we have a 60 foot torch blowing off the side of the rig. But wolf blitzer and anderson cooper don't have to worry about their jobs.:smile::biggrin:

Enjoy!

http://www.transoceancorpcomm.com/DWH_Response/DWH_Response/

Last edited:

I think the haiti thing was a natural disaster that killed hundreds of people and they needed money to rebuild. This oil thing happened because somebody wanted to be a big BOSS and get a bonus. If we have a "save the gulf" concert, is there a vacuum that can be purchased to clean all this up? :biggrin:

Now it's 35k to 50,000 or even 60k barrels a day. Come mid-september when this thing is still gushing, we'll be hearing and saying the same thing that we've been hearing and saying for two months now. A lot of "bullsh-t" and a lot of "whats taking so long" to get anything done!
However, there is 5 or 6 shop vacs that have sucked up a couple hundred gallons of the goop, hows that for Yankee ingenuity, and their cheap too!

We may want to check back later, those shop vac numbers will probably be on the high side!

Jack

KO thanks for that info. Your about the only source we can really trust. :smile:

Jack

KO thanks for that info. Your about the only source we can really trust. :smile:

Jack

Happy to give info, but im no expert either. I believe we are taking on about 16000 barrels a day. The Q4000 seems to have there flare up as well. I haven't had time to look at the ROV channel:biggrin: to see what the hat is doing now. I wish i had an r/c boat i could run out here because the water is like GLASS!!!!!!! I'd probably get fired!:biggrin:

Happy to give info, but im no expert either. I believe we are taking on about 16000 barrels a day. The Q4000 seems to have there flare up as well. I haven't had time to look at the ROV channel:biggrin: to see what the hat is doing now. I wish i had an r/c boat i could run out here because the water is like GLASS!!!!!!! I'd probably get fired!:biggrin:

KO, when they say 16,000 a day, is that all oil or a combination of oil and water in different amounts? Thats a question that I have been wondering and also do you know why they can't attach another valve directly on top of the BOP. It seems simple, but I guess it's not.

You may not as you say, be an expert, but the info that you post is expressed with expertise and maybe with risk. Great job and stay safe!

Jack

Haiti was a natural disaster on a very poor country. This is a man-made disaster by a very rich oil company. That is why the administration just forced them to put 20 billion in escrow. Something I doubt the previous administration would have done. More than 100,000 people died in Haiti. Other than the BP workers on the rig, no one has died because of the oil spill. Are you making fun of the people who gave concerts to help the people of Haiti? Or suggesting they are biased?

Sounds like a Fox "News" story to me.

For one, there was this: www.gulfaid.org, Lenny Kravitz, Allen Toussaint, Mos Def and Ani DiFranco. More are planned.

Last edited:

After reading that, all I can think of is WHY. Why would we be willing to chance it?

Sounds like an Atomic Bomb at about 10,000 ft. below the sea floor is what we're lookin at for the final try! And what I said about it spilling into all the ocean in the very first post dosen't sound that implausable with that doomsday revelation. The question now is could this start the ball rolling to another set circumstances that could lead to, "well". The end!

The world is a very stable place, it's the humans that aren't!

Jack

Haiti was a natural disaster on a very poor country. This is a man-made disaster by a very rich oil company. That is why the administration just forced them to put 20 billion in escrow. Something I doubt the previous administration would have done. More than 100,000 people died in Haiti. Other than the BP workers on the rig, no one has died because of the oil spill. Are you making fun of the people who gave concerts to help the people of Haiti? Or suggesting they are biased?

Sounds like a Fox "News" story to me.

For one, there was this: www.gulfaid.org, Lenny Kravitz, Allen Toussaint, Mos Def and Ani DiFranco. More are planned.
I just heard many are planned! Like stopping the gusher, it takes time!

Jack

KO, when they say 16,000 a day, is that all oil or a combination of oil and water in different amounts? Thats a question that I have been wondering and also do you know why they can't attach another valve directly on top of the BOP. It seems simple, but I guess it's not.

You may not as you say, be an expert, but the info that you post is expressed with expertise and maybe with risk. Great job and stay safe!

Jack

After reading rk-NSX's "interesting read" post, I guess those questions don't really matter!

Jack

Jack

Thanks for the kind words, Jack. Im cool, im more concerned about the victims families and how expedient somebody will be in compensating these people. It's the little people that keeping somebody richer than us. :biggrin:

Oil and water. The Q4000(that little semisub) is flaring straight crude, meaning they are burning off oil(4000 barrels from what i here). The Q is hampered by size and they are having a hard time keeping the heat from the flare off the rig. Both rigs have saltwater curtainz near the flare and boats spraying water to keep things cool. But its still very hot. We are taking on oil and gas, sending it through a processing system on the rig and stroing it in cargo tanks. A tanker is here now offloading the crude. From the looks of the plume on our ROV screens it seems to be less. When the clear leader gets here, we should be capturing quite a bit of oil and the relief wells may hopefully be getting closer to relieveing pressure. I'm hoping that the well can be sealed no later than august(which is realistic IMHO), so that other matters can be resolved.

Last edited:
Well its funny as long as the Oil is still flowing the Oil Contract to drill there is open and valid. so they will not cap-it cuz then the Rights to or the current Contract will be void as it is no-longer a Flowing oil well.

they would need to get a new contract and as bad as it is they would never let them start another drilling platform. think about it guys, its all grease the Whitehouse quacks pockets with oiley gulf of mexico money.

Well its funny as long as the Oil is still flowing the Oil Contract to drill there is open and valid. so they will not cap-it cuz then the Rights to or the current Contract will be void as it is no-longer a Flowing oil well.

they would need to get a new contract and as bad as it is they would never let them start another drilling platform. think about it guys, its all grease the Whitehouse quacks pockets with oiley gulf of mexico money.

Have you seen into the eyeball of an oil soaked pelican, or one from a devistated fisherman, lives are ending one way or another. How about the real heroes out there, risking maybe their lives or health trying to do what they can for the good of the planet. For a contract ?:confused: Even BP can't be that ____________ , can it?
Sorry,but I just don't understand that theory!

Jack

yes its all about the money. I care about the planet to. but when it comes to money, the RICH will always turn their head the other way. yes they Will not cap the oil cuz they would never get another contract again. being that the Oil deposit in that spot is the biggest in the world. I will try and find the original report of when they first discovered this deposit.

yes its all about the money. I care about the planet to. but when it comes to money, the RICH will always turn their head the other way. yes they Will not cap the oil cuz they would never get another contract again. being that the Oil deposit in that spot is the biggest in the world. I will try and find the original report of when they first discovered this deposit.
Shawn I agree with you 100%, but now, after the fact, I think it's a whole new ball game.

Jack

but when it comes to money, the RICH will always turn their head the other way.

And so will the poor.

The "rich" just take the blame cause they are an easy, un-apologetic target.

Class warfare is getting old.

We probably should focus on solving the issue...rather than pointing fingers.

pointing fingers, WATCH what BP does, they will file chapter 13 sell it off or change their name to something else, like what EXXON did now its Shell. if you go to the EXXON spill site it looks like it did when it first happend. nothing was cleaned. yeah they cleaned a few hundred feet of oil while the cameras were rolling but left the 100 miles with nothing and paid off the Fishermen so they would turn a deaf ear.

Yeah the class wars are getting old cuz the Class are losing their ground. there will be no more class in the future. they Shit just like me or you but their toilet seat is just made outta a better material

Back