• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Omg...chp Impound My Car....need Advice

As A Retired Ohio Policeman Who Is A Proud Owner Of A 91 Nsx,i Would Have Stopped You,told You What An Awsome Car You Own,take A Picture Of It And Let You Go First Thru The Construction Zone Making Everyone Else Wait.

Too bad the police like you have retired. The police used to be pretty damn good people excellent at doing a good job of picking out who the a-holes are and who the upstanding citizens are. When I was a kid I was pretty friendly with all the local police. They were a whole different breed than what is out there today. Most all of them have retired.:frown:

With all the new laws it makes it impossible for the police to be impartial. But that doesn't mean they have to treat everyone like a criminal.

What is that?

Secret "handshake" for getting off a traffic ticket

Mercedes-SL500-11-99-license-plate-frame.jpg

i am very amazed that some of the posts on this thread are VERY hostile and make no contribution to the OP yet are allowed to stay on while mine and a few others have been deleted.:confused:

i am very amazed that some of the posts on this thread are VERY hostile and make no contribution to the OP yet are allowed to stay on while mine and a few others have been deleted.:confused: :mad:

+ 1 ... but i guess is hard to keep up .... too many opinions, too many ideas .. so little time ,,,

Here's the big problem. There is nobody that polices the police. With todays technology, there is no reason that the daliy activities of a police officer shouldn't be recorded at all times, not just when the lights and sirens turn on. There should be in car camera/mic that runs at all times and is recorded on a hard drive in the trunk that is uploaded at the end of each shift. There should also be a small camera/mic on the shoulder of each officer so that their activities are recorded. All this information needs to be uploaded to an agency HIGHER that the police department for screening each day.............

OK in this conspiracy theory who is the non corruptible "HIGHER POWER" :confused:

Do you have a "should also be a small camera/mic on the shoulder of each" person at your work?

BTW: Small department has ~500 Officers (some have in the thousands) working 10 hours a day. So the "HIGHER POWER" watches 5,000 hours of tape a day.........wait what about 2nd and 3rd watch 15,000 hours of tape :rolleyes: for each Department in the US.

Did you say you want a camera in the car and on the Officer so 30,000 hours of tape to review.

I want some of what your smokin :wink:

How about we just TRAIN our Officers better but that Training is what stopped the OP so now what.

This Thread NEEDS to be CLOSED it's so OFF TOPIC

So, before this thread is locked;), the moral of the story is as follows:

1) Be caucasion and drive an Italian exotic.

2) Donate to the local/state police and prominently display your generosity via license plate frames or some other form of advertisement.

3) Record at will and let the chips fall where they may. As long as you're not in a People's Republic State you'll probably be ok.

4) This world operates on double standards.

5) No ricer wings.

I find it hard these days...because I come from a time when social liberties existed - we could drive our cars with inexpensive gas...we could go to a pub and sit with all our friends (old and young) and drink inexpensive booze and we could encounter a police officer who ahd compassion and understanding. I do not like the police state setting that is emerging here in Canada and in the United States, where I believe it is more in gear!:eek: I am not saying that I support drinking and driving...but I used to sling draft beer at .10 a glass! I know that it is a long time ago...but back then, the notion of driving our cars or having a drink was an aspect of our social setting...and it was not a setting that anyone interfered with...except if it was Sunday or an election day. The times have changed...and the cost of gasoline has got to a point that I leave my NSX in the garage...I am happy to own such an important and beautiful machine...but what was a daily driver has now become a garage queen...Oh well...I guess I will let everyone else put some miles on their cars now...lol.

Dam:cool:

Installing NOS in a car has only a few purposes: to accelerate more quickly (exhibition of speed) and to make your car look cool. I don't know anyone that installs NOS and never intends to use it or would promise to only use it at the track. Obviously, lawmakers felt that the risks outweigh the benefits, so they made it illegal. They could require a permit, so that responsible people could have it though, but that would be very hard to enforce. It would never work in our system though - maybe in Germany.
At least they didn't make it illegal to buy sports cars and probably won't, because some people buy them and drive responsibly.:rolleyes:

Of course not you don't eat an elephant in one bite you would choke.

Very well said Steveny.
Soon enough I am sure they will ban sports cars too. If nitrous can't be used responsibly why would you think the sports cars would be?? People are people they will break the law. People don't buy sports cars so they can go the same speed as a camry at all times. Sooner or later they use that vechile made for speed and Sports car drivers don't just speed at the track. Should they ban that too?

What I'd like to know is how did this end up. Has the car been recovered from the impound, or has it been repo'd?

wrong......a nitrous cylinoid (sic) showing through a glass hatch is probable cause. If the OP had his cover on he will 100% win in court.

He won't win. It was explained that the probable cause is the plate missing and the police can do a safety/compliance search after that which means checking inside the engine bay with out a warrant. They just can't search the trunk or other locked areas like a box full of diamonds in your glovebox.

edit: Thanks drew.

Last edited:
I wonder though, can you refuse a search even if he had probable cause due to a visible solenoid and "require" a search warrant?
If he had probable cause, he wouldn't bother asking permission. Many, many years watching COPS on TV has made that abundantly clear. Asking to search means they have a gut instinct and they want to go fishing, but do not have probable cause.

I tried to find the answer to the Nitrous question in Maryland a long time ago. I went to the State Police Barracks and asked the question to about half a dozen troopers and not one could give me a difinitive answer on if the bottle is in the car, but unhooked is it legal. I decided to keep the nitrous line unhooked while on public roads and only hook it up on the track.

Rob

If he had probable cause, he wouldn't bother asking permission. Many, many years watching COPS on TV has made that abundantly clear. Asking to search means they have a gut instinct and they want to go fishing, but do not have probable cause.

That does make sense now that you mention cops. I've rarely ever watched it but I'm sure that you were right about them going ahead and search it. BUT.... usually in the show when they do that, they've already handcuffed the person or arrested them. They also cut out sections at a time during the airing though, like they only air the reading of the miranda rights every once in a while.

My Advise would be to put the car on an enclosed transport and move to a state not run by a bunch of commie fascist morons.

I agree.

I posted that that is what happens when liberals run amock and my post was deleted!

Amazing!

I relish antagonizing you. Ur a great subject. Such easy prey.

I could care less if you think I have this and that.

A few of the members have been at my residence.

Money buys class? funny notion. And your making a point that i am way off topic. funny.

I must be an expert on south east asian military if you are an expert on how wealthy folks should behave.

NEXT!

So won't you ease on down to the yellow brick road to Compton

OK in this conspiracy theory who is the non corruptible "HIGHER POWER" :confused:

Do you have a "should also be a small camera/mic on the shoulder of each" person at your work?

BTW: Small department has ~500 Officers (some have in the thousands) working 10 hours a day. So the "HIGHER POWER" watches 5,000 hours of tape a day.........wait what about 2nd and 3rd watch 15,000 hours of tape :rolleyes: for each Department in the US.

Did you say you want a camera in the car and on the Officer so 30,000 hours of tape to review.

I want some of what your smokin :wink:

How about we just TRAIN our Officers better but that Training is what stopped the OP so now what.

This Thread NEEDS to be CLOSED it's so OFF TOPIC

Jeff, I agree this has gotten off topic and maybe we need to open another thread if this all wants to be discussed. The "non-corruptible higher power" would be an organization that ONLY monitors the police. They have NO other powers. It's hard to throw your weight around when you don't have any weight to throw around. All they do is monitor them.

So I guess what you're saying is since it's too much to supervise... I guess we just don't need to watch? Training does nothing. There need to be consequences for actions. The people who act the way they do, do it because they know they can and get away with it. If it were a matter of training, everyone would be great, because I'm sure if you ask any police academy... the training now is the best that's ever been offered right? Well then why do the problems that people seem to bring up become worse and more frequent over time?

This is a topic I'm really passionate about, as I'm sure you are. I thought I wanted to be a police officer for a while... but then as I rode with them and saw their actions, I realized that there were 2 sets of rules. One set for themselves, their fellow officers, friends and family... and one set for everyone else. Hypocrisy is something that drives me INSANE. So I just decided I didn't want to be a part of that fraternity.

It really just comes down to people being held accountable for their actions. For lack of a better analogy.. "how do you throw a flag at the referee?"

Um.... recording someone without thier knowledge is a FEDERAL OFFENSE... i would not want to be you if you get caught..... also, it IS NOT ILLEGAL for the police to tape record you WHILE they are in the course of doing thier duties...

LOL!! It always cracks me up when there are these double standards. The police can record you and use it against you in a court of law, but you cannot record them and use it to protect yourself in that same court of law. LOL!! Classic. :rolleyes:

The way I look at it, if there is nothing wrong or illegal going on, what is the big deal?

LOL!! It always cracks me up when there are these double standards. The police can record you and use it against you in a court of law, but you cannot record them and use it to protect yourself in that same court of law. LOL!! Classic. :rolleyes:

I hate double standards. :mad: More than anything I can think of I hate double standards. :mad:

Back