• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Perspective on the GTR from an NSX owner

I owned 2010 GT-R before I move to 2011 E92 M3 & 2009 C63 AMG. Previously running 2003 E46 M3, 2006 Evo IX MR, 2008 Golf GTI and 2010 Evo X. Not all of them at the same time though ... LOL

None of the car above give handling quality as my current 2003 NSX. Not even comparable. M3 being the closest all rounder to NSX.

GT-R feels heavy and detached from the road, she is too smart. Very very quick though. So, if you want speed - no contest, GT-R hands down. On slow speed (ie : normal around town), the dual clutch making clucking sound on the back of your ear all the time and not not a pleasant feeling coming from $75K car (at that time). Don't ask me the cost of 'complete fluid change' of GT-R :D

I learn myself throughout changing cars, speed is not priority anymore with my current age & family. Do not like turbo car, love the roaring NA VTEC sound ... INTOXICATING !!!

Just my 2 cents ...

I got no issues with NSX's sheer speed, not anymore .
If you screw up in a GTR you will definitely pay for it. But in the GTR it may be with yor wallet and not with your life as my as it might be with an NSX using early 90's safety technology. It's also probably an extremely rewarding car on the track. What it may not have in a clutch or seating position it makes up for in sheer speed.

Words are cheap ... Pictures below ... I miss AMG sound :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 165
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 135
Now I know why girls are sensitive to going out with girls that are hotter than them and like taking photos with uglier girls. This GTR looks damn sexy here:

121CC065-2C91-440C-AC87-99F2621E69A8-1170-00000232F7EF80EE.jpg

Ownership has been rewarding for me concerning the nsx. For the last 10 years I've seen very nice cars loose value quickly. I love my dated nsx and am lusting for a new DD, but OWNING anything like an AMG, viper or GT-r NEW would mean throwing away at least 25k. I've decided on keeping my nsx and leasing a newer performance car over buying one, especially with the maintenance cost. I love the AMG lineup but they take an absolute beating on resale! Even though cars are toys and primarily not investments, I would BUY a 2005 GPW nsx over BUYING anything mentioned in this thread. I can't imagine what a white 05 with low miles will be worth if the new nsx disappoints. Having said all that I've been in the GT-r and I don't compare the two because they are different, but the GT-r is nothing short of amazing for the money! But I'd rather lease it!

Owned a 2010 gtr for 18 months. Tracked it many times and modded it to be a 10 sec car. Nsx sat in the garage for most of that time. But every time I got behind the wheel of my Nsx, I fell in love with it again each time. When I decided to sell one of them, it wasn't a hard decision. Bye bye went Godzilla.

But it was a monster.

Owned a 2010 gtr for 18 months. Tracked it many times and modded it to be a 10 sec car. Nsx sat in the garage for most of that time. But every time I got behind the wheel of my Nsx, I fell in love with it again each time. When I decided to sell one of them, it wasn't a hard decision. Bye bye went Godzilla.

But it was a monster.

Which was more fun on the track?

Gtr was definitely faster but the Nsx was 10x more fun. Required more work and def more rewarding

Ferrari states that, even with the 740hp V12 powered F12 Berlinetta, driver involvement at low speeds is a priority. This is what the NSX does so well. GTR, not so much. Driving it fast is what makes it fun.

Consider an alternative....

After selling my '05 GPW in 2010, I looked & drove everything (within reason).

The 2013 E92 M3 delivers on all levels for me....

picture.php

why did you sell the NSX?

When I sold the '05 NSX, my cassette tape collection became worthless to me....

DSCN2698.JPG

why did you sell the NSX?

After 16 years & 5 NSX's was ready for a change. Wasn't driving it much &
when I did start looking again, could see that the NSX, although a great car,
was way behind the curve in technology & (my) perceived performance expectations.

More than the car, I do miss the camaraderie gained over all those years with fellow owners - especially the caravans to NSXPO's here in the west.

However great the next NSX may be, it will be tough to gain the following
that the original has now.

Maybe we need a GTR subforum... Seems to be the most threatening car to the NSX these days based on the publicity it has been getting on here lately!

GTR, M3, etc are all such heavy cars....I don't understand a 4,000 lb performance car. To me, it seems like it'd feel so sluggish. So much inertia. If I needed a DD with laughable back seats (like GTR and M3) it'd have to be an Evora. It's got that Lotus touch on the handling, but doesn't beat you up. It is also a much more beautiful car. Get the S if you need more pep from it :)

GTR, M3, etc are all such heavy cars....I don't understand a 4,000 lb performance car. To me, it seems like it'd feel so sluggish. So much inertia. If I needed a DD with laughable back seats (like GTR and M3) it'd have to be an Evora. It's got that Lotus touch on the handling, but doesn't beat you up. It is also a much more beautiful car. Get the S if you need more pep from it :)

Lotus evora: 12th
Nissan GTR: 2nd
Ferrari 458: 1st.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/1109_2011_motor_trend_best_drivers_car/viewall.html

Test drove an Evora. No thanks.

Damn, I'd have a big dilemma if I had to choose between a white NSX or a white M3... anyways, really envy your fire orange paint. NSX is my dream car, and I was sooo close to finally getting one, but I realize I am not ready for it... I need a practical and daily livable car for work and school and I love the NSX so much I'll probably blow my whole fortune on modding/fixing it only to let it sit in the garage. :frown: Some day, I'll get one for sure! But in the mean time... 8600rpm V8 is intoxicating for sure! Not to mention last of the NA M cars, only V8 powered M3 and probably last M3 designated coupe!

Oh yes, the FR-S is a joy to drive too :biggrin: I also considered the GT-R, but for $120,000CAD I'd rather get a ZR-1 or better yet a used 997 GT3. They are all good cars though... but in the end if I had a choice between all the cars I just mentioned money no issue I'd still take a NSX/M3 combo thank you very much!
198285_10151254963069153_1401293271_n.jpg

398_10151228085769153_410257466_n.jpg

69386_10151228086049153_756957480_n.jpg
305657_10151254963784153_663333658_n.jpg

When I sold the '05 NSX, my cassette tape collection became worthless to me....

DSCN2698.JPG

Last edited:
you had the RAREST of the rare. Hopefully i can own a white/white one day. wasn't your interior white or ivory? DAMN I COULDNT have sold that.

Geeze you guys are giving me major sellers remorse!

DSCN2926.jpg

is the M3 really any kind of replacement for an NSX? its a tarted up 3-series. its nice, don't get me wrong, but its ultimately just another 3-series. at least the ugly GTR is unique and not just a hopped up version of a common car. last time i was at BMW, a tech drooled over my NSX and snapped a bunch of photos.

Steve, you will probably never find such an NSX again, but life is short and it is good to experience new things.

is the M3 really any kind of replacement for an NSX? its a tarted up 3-series. its nice, don't get me wrong, but its ultimately just another 3-series. at least the ugly GTR is unique and not just a hopped up version of a common car. last time i was at BMW, a tech drooled over my NSX and snapped a bunch of photos.

Steve, you will probably never find such an NSX again, but life is short and it is good to experience new things.

You're singing to the choir when you talk NSX to me......Honda gave up on the NSX after 2001 & let it go in 2005. Great cars that died way too early.

Most people mistake the M3 for a hopped up 3 series when in fact only the doors, trunk and interior pieces are the same. According to BMW over 50% of the parts are different on the M3.

BMW's philosophy w/their M cars is similar to the way it was w/Honda in the beginning w/the NSX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5jjFUS8mbI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIXgnrPZv2U

picture.php

Last edited:
Back