• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PIVOT Raizen Hyper Voltage Stabilizer

I have disconnected the Pivot today and drove around town. Immediately, i noticed that the stereo system doesn't have the deep bass as before and the sound is more piercing. Engine performance again is subtle difference, if you are looking for a boost, i think you will be disappointed.

After connecting it back on, playing the same track again, the sound from my stereo is much smoother. I can say the same thing about the car’s overall feel and driving experience. I don’t think you will find that big “jump” like in other engine mod such as the intake scoop, uni filter, or header, exhaust. But for a small investment, you will find your car running smoother than before, especially for the older models. Not bad for an easy "upgrade".

btw, i have a couple sets left if anyone is still interested.

I hate to bring this from the dead.. but for all your electronics people and engineers out there...

I wanted to get one, but I can't see the difference between what this does and what a capacitor does. It looks like a box with capacitors in them, maybe just a 1 farad worth of capacitors.

i think it's worth it, especially on the earlier models. i was talking to a friend who has an all moded '04 WRX and he told me that he has put in a $200 ground kit on his, and he also noticed the shifting was smoother as well on top of the reving and better sound. don't know how or why, but it just do。

i don't think you can go wrong with Pivot's unit, they are test proven. you can check it out in the Option mag.

i have two sets left of the Genuine Pivot Raizen, $80 shipped. PM me if interested.

92NSX said:
so would anybody say it is worth the $$?
I would love to learn more about these, please educate me.

It is worth the money for me, since the results are fairly noticeable. I suggest trying it first before acutally buying one or make one yourself.

The total capacity of the noise condensors on the Pivot unit is most likely only 1000~2000 micro farad or less. Wasn't these suppose to be electrical noise filters?

Here is a test by TPR magazine with dyno graph of each systems they tested. The one made by Apexi had the best result. The unit only have 1042 Micro Farad capacity, which is significantly less than other units, maybe larger capaciator does not mean it will perform better than multiple smaller capaciators for the purpose of stabilization or electrical noise filtering.

http://www.tprmag.com/issue/8/apexi.shtml

Explaination of the system the Pivot's web site:
http://www.the-pivot.co.jp/product/se/raizin-e.html

92NSX said:
Or is it like the beauty is in the eye of the beholder type of thing?
Probably so, the concept is too good to be true, very silly stuff imho. However unlike other too good to be true items, there are countless tests performed by reliable sources, Option, Turbo magazine, XS Engineering, TPR, etc.

There is got to be a reasons why 3 different prime members on this thread have experienced postive results on same exact unit. Maybe all 3 of us are crazy.

Last edited:
92NSX said:
so would anybody say it is worth the $$?
Or is it like the beauty is in the eye of the beholder type of thing?

I'll just bite my tongue on this one. :) You might want to have an electrical engineer with a good sense of humor present when you read through the manufacturer websites. These are exact sciences you are dealing with. Everything can be measured.

I work for a big biotech and we go through excruciating detail to document evidence for our submissions. It takes a really long time to put a product from conception to market partly because it's not as exact a science as electrical. We have to prove efficacy and our patient testimony is worthless because we all understand about the placebo effect. If you cannot measure your results, then there is no science.

Ok, I didn't bite my tongue very well. But let science be your guide and you will see the light.

btw, my WRX friend is a CA licensed civil engineer himself, and knows the car pretty much inside from out top to bottom.

randomharmony said:
btw, my WRX friend is a CA licensed civil engineer himself........
<!--StartFragment -->.............
hysterical.gif

& this qualifies him ..... how?

Nice one Shane! <!--StartFragment -->
pain.gif

D'Ecosse said:
<!--StartFragment -->.............
hysterical.gif

& this qualifies him ..... how?

Nice one Shane! <!--StartFragment -->
pain.gif

my pt. is that he likes to play with things and knows his car pretty well, like most engineers.

btw, i saved a set for you already, let me know when u'll be down in south bay, we can meet up somewhere.:wink:

Back