• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PIVOT Raizen Hyper Voltage Stabilizer

Well, in Taiwan I met up with a PIVOT distributor. they make some pretty good products. One thing he showed me was the PIVOT Raizen Hyper Voltage Stabilizer. He had two cars in his shop, IS200. One had it installed, the other didn't. I then test drove the cars, without knowing which one had it installed. Immediately I could tell one had better throttle response, better idle, nicer startup. He then showed me some results. As I didn't bring my camera (ARGH...WTF WAS I THINKING) he provided me with a link to the info. Here is some very interesting results.

82% of 50 people on a test panel noticed a difference. the following was observed
·Improved audio quality.
·Increased torque and response and power.
·Stabilized idling and improved engine kick over.
·Increased headlight brightness.
·Improved fuel economy.
·Improved battery life.

some pictures and charts. sorry for the size.
ignition coil backlash noise
http://newtiburon.com/forums/attach...tid=18235&stc=1
torque dyno chart
http://newtiburon.com/forums/attach...tid=18237&stc=1
HP dyno chart
http://newtiburon.com/forums/attach...tid=18236&stc=1

Voltage variation test (Test Car=CIVIC EG6)
Right side Fender - normal is 2.9mV - pivot is -0.3mV
Left side Headlight - normal is 1.3mV - pivot is -0.9mV
Bulk Head - normal is 0.7mV - pivot is -0.6mV
Cylinder Head - normal is 7.4mV - pivot is 2.6mV

(the above pictures are boring...just the voltage indicator, so i didn't inclue them)

the only thing is these costs about 115 USD in japan, but a LOT more after imported (i think he said 150-160ish). I am bringing in a few samples for a big discounted price. anybody want? shoudl be about 80 dollars shipped

i'm ordering a few on thursday. if shipping from taiwan to usa is reasonable, i'll ship it from here. if not, i won't ship till august

more picture links
http://newtiburon.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18255
http://newtiburon.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18254
http://newtiburon.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18256
http://newtiburon.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18257

Last edited:
of course i have...but it's also backed by dyno and voltage tests...it's really up to you guys whether you would like them or not...i'm barely charging much for these over my cost

I've got one but I didnt do pre and after numbers .
but I went to a dyno with local mod magazine and they installed a HKS earthing system on a few cars and the most they got was less than a 1 KW.

but they look good ! :)

ARKPerformance said:
Immediately I could tell one had better throttle response, better idle, nicer startup. He then showed me some results. As I didn't bring my camera (ARGH...WTF WAS I THINKING) he provided me with a link to the info. Here is some very interesting results.

Well, I just installed Pivot Raizin to my NSX and took it out for one amazing ride a while ago. I agree with your review. Obviously people who never actually tried them will give you the scientific crap.

I had tried other brand of Votage stabilzer in the past, didn't do a jack to my nsx.

I picked up 2 Pivot Raizin last week during trip to Japan (made in Japan btw, not made in Taiwan or China), just thought I give it a try, since there are decent test results in Option magazine, and the car supply shop I visited had New Year special 2 for price of 1 deal. My interst wasn't in cars during the trip, this was the only car related item I picked up this trip.

I was thinking worst case scenario was if it didn't do a jack, I will just dump them ebay for double of what I paid, the price I paid for 2 units was quite a bit less than what Superautobac USA sells for 1 unit. I had nothing to lose.

Impressions:
---------------------------------------------------------------
I did drove the car all this afternoon prior to installing it tonight.

Well, it claimed better audio, definitely no
brighter headlights, I could not tell the difference what so ever
better idle, again I could not tell

Throttle Responds holy mother fu##ing no way especially in first gear, I am still in a bit of shock, how can such tiny little blue box does such wonder?

Huge difference, throttle responds is insane, I mean, the car just jumps when you barely tap the throttle. Placebo effect, I dare say fu#k no, try it, then flame me to no end if you don't notice a difference. It took me a little while to get used to the new throttle responds, I am definitely not complaining.:smile:

Someone is going to flame me or bring up the scientific crap again. I don't mind at all as long as you have actually tried it and do not notice any difference.

Low end really felt much better, Privot Raizin gets 10 out of 10 from me. I can't wait to install the other unit in the Supra tomorrow.

Juice said:
How would it effect TR on a car without DBW???
I don't know, but so far 2 happy users on Prime, many happy users on other forums, have not yet heard a bad review. Dyno tested by Option Japan magazine and Pivot.

This is some of the information I found while searching on topic of how does it work?

The one I have tried is not ground wires, just the stabilizer unit itself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
a) The car's alternator has built-in voltage rectifier, and produces a
more-or-less stable voltage, typically (13.8-14.4v) depending on the
quality and make of the alternator. A 100% perfectly design
rectifier/alternator will produce a stable pre-determined voltage.

b) How a "voltage stabilizer" work is that it (the capacitors) can
discharge at a fraction of a second, therefore supplying the very initial
required current (but not more than the capacity of the charged
capacitors) to the needed component, e.g. ECU, sensors, headunit, amp,
etc. The main source of supply still comes from the battery.

c) The working principle is similar to the capacitor that's found in
camera's flash unit. The capacitor needs to be charged before the flash
can be fired. Without the capacitor, the battery cannot discharge at a
rate that's fast enough for the flash.

d) I think "Voltage Stabilizer" is just a name that came up from the
manufacturer (originates from Japan?). The device (various values of
capacitor) does not stabilize the voltage output (from alternator),
however, the car's component get the needed supply, therefore the
name "voltage stabilizer".???

None of those links work. I checked eBay and found a picture of one I think. Is this the unit? :eek: Looks like it might be a little lacking on capacitance.

Where did you hook the power and ground to? Right at the battery?

Attachments

• 5a_1.JPG
    5a_1.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 832
i'm interested, been thinking about bringing one fr taiwan. friend had one on his car when he was in taiwan, told me it works. i may pick up 1 more.

I have another set that I was planning on installing it on my Supra tomorrow. I will wait 2 days, if one of you guys in OC want to test it out. I can let you try it, my unit is not for sale btw, goes on my Supra as soon as you are done testing it in your NSX, you can get one at Superautobac if you like the result. Just let me know asap, once I installed the 2nd unit on my Supra I will not remove it again.

Malibu Rapper said:
None of those links work. I checked eBay and found a picture of one I think. Is this the unit? :eek: Looks like it might be a little lacking on capacitance.
Not sure, looks like it, but it could be fake, most likely is. There are many fake ones that are made in Taiwan or China, most car parts stores there sell both fake and real ones side by side, with hugh price difference. At least they are honest about it, and will tell you if you ask.

The real unit looks like thism, with K marking one the capaciator, not X:
http://pivotusa.com/superearth/raizin.htm

They looks almost the same even with same packaging, but have funky name on the capaciator, like blazing, blitz, little odd details, little rough, etc. The real one will have warranty card, Japanses/English manual, etc. The fake ones cost $10 USD in Taiwan. The real thing is JPN 7800yen.

http://www.the-pivot.co.jp/product/se/raizin-e.html

Here is example of fake unit, I would avoid ones on ebay especially from Southeast Asia:
raizin-imitation1-e.jpg

raizin-imitation2-e.jpg

raizin-imitation3-e.jpg

Malibu Rapper said:
Where did you hook the power and ground to? Right at the battery?
It is connected to the battery, installation takes 2~3 minutes for other cars, but it is pain in the ass for NSX, having to remove bracket, and battery mount and bent the back woking on tight space. 10~20 minute job.

The one I have is the unit only, no additional ground cables, they do sell slightly more expensive kit that contain 2 additional ground cables.

randomharmony said:
i'm interested, been thinking about bringing one fr taiwan. friend had one on his car when he was in taiwan, told me it works. i may pick up 1 more.
Get it for sure, but make sure you get the real thing which should cost around $1200~1800TWD not the $299TWD one.

bluethunder said:
I'm interested in purchasing one if it's the real deal. Let me know how you would like payment. Thanks.

Maybe even a free install to go w/ that.... hmmmmm.....?:biggrin:

I just picked up a few sets. Genuine Pivot PIVVS-1 (one w/o the earthcables), $80 shipped. PM me if interested.

Installed mine last night. No difference. None.:frown: I have a "high end" audio system too, JL 300/4 bridged and 500/1 to the sub... no difference also.

Jim

I had noticed a very big difference after cleaning up my throttle body, or swapping a clean air filter (uni), or even just reseting the ecu.

or all of the above.

Could the gain is from the disconnecting the battery post during the installation of the box?? Thus the noticeable "gain"?

Or the alternator is sort of in a weak side so this little device helps out a little??

Just installed mine. Took me less than 15 min. to put it on.

Just took the car out for gas and the postal office. Here is what I noticed:

* Throttle response is slightly noticable
* Shifting is more crispier and a lot easier to get in gear.
* My audio sys (Eclipse Speaker/tweeter, Alpine Deck, ATM Amp) does have a more solid bass.

Will find out about the lighting tonight and also gas milage (i drive my X daily). Also will disconnect it tomorrow just to really test it out.

NSXDreamer2 said:
Could the gain is from the disconnecting the battery post during the installation of the box?? Thus the noticeable "gain"?
Definitely possible.

On my Supra, it runs like sluggish for a short period everytime after bI reset the ecu, rough idle for a few minutes.

I also have the unit installed on my Supra, of which I have been reseting the ecu every 2~3 days in the past year, due to the random check engine light triggered by no egr and running with no catalystic converter.

dave22 said:
Really? How is that possible?

I have no clue:confused: :confused: , but that was an initial impression of driving the car after installing the Pivot.

After driving at night and on the freeway. I do have a couple more observations:

* The headlights does seem a more brighter.
* At high speed, the throttle does seem to open up more. It's not like the intake scoop where you can hear the sound affect, but at higher speed/rev, throttle is more responsive.

As mentioned, i will disconnect it today to see what it really does.

Back