• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs!

I am in the IT industry and have always been an admirer of Apple products, not so much for what they do, but how they do things.
Apple products work. Period.
Steve Jobs held the controls of not a company, but a culture.
I hope his vision lives on.

This isn't always possible... I work for a company for 24 years once managed by its founders, Bill H. and Dave P. The culture has never been the same since they passed on.

Last edited:
I'm deeply sadden by his passing. I put him up there with Ayrton Senna as one of the all time great.

"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart." - Steve Jobs.

I never met him but he changed my life. My first computer was an apple 2 back when I was in 4th grade. I type this on my iPad and during the day I routinely am using my iPhone to track my exercise (cyclemeter) while seamlessly listening to my favorite music and taking calls.

Jobs is one of my heroes and inspirations and arguably one of the top 3 inventors, marketers and businessman ever. It brought tears to my eyes to learn of his passing. No other inventor or company has ever moved me in this way. May he truly rest in peace

Also I think his impact will only appear more dramatic as time goes by.

+1. R.i.p

+2, I may not like Apple products, or a majority of their fans, but I would have to be a fool to not see he was thinking ahead of his time. Its a shame that he died at such a young age and with so much money left behind that he will never enjoy.

He owned an NSX? I didn't know that. I know Wozniak owned one (or was it 2?).

Hmmm, I know for sure that Jobs owned 928. I thought I read it some where that he owned NSX. If he did not, he should have. Well, he hanged out with people who owned many NSXs anyway. Woz owned something like 5 or 6. Elison was a real NSX nut too and he was Job's good friend.
Steve

Last edited:
With his passion for his products, his perseverance and the fond regard in which he was held by his co-workers, there's a strong similarity between Steve Jobs and Soichiro Honda.
A remarkable man has just passed but his remarkable spirit lives on.

I just attended a funeral this afternoon and as soon as I got home, I heard the sad news about Steve Jobs. I felt empty inside and very upset when I heard the news. Although he was very young, he is in a better place resting with no more pain and suffering.

As we get older, we need to learn to appreciate the basic things in life that we take for granted everyday - "Our health & family ." We fight and argue over stupid things and we don't spend enough time with loved ones until their sick or dying. We don't visit relatives and friends until someone gets married or at a funeral. Make time because time is limited. We are all living here on borrowed time and time is running out.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get off topic and preach. I guess I've been to too many funerals lately. Go live it up to it's fullest!

He is a well loved icon in the tech industry, love him or hate him, he has more friends than enemies. You can't say that about Bill Gates.

He is one of the all time great; I rank him up there with Ayrton Senna.

We lost one of the most influential human being today. Indeed a day to remember.

I will continue to support his philosophy and creations by purchasing the products made by Apple.

RIP Steve Jobs, an all time illuminated man .... :frown:

Thanks for the 14 years on BRILLIANT Apple computers that I had used to support my work, and thanks for the other decades of great computers for all graphic artists, the core of the Apple clientele since the beginning!

Oscar

I'll add and RIP also.

I have owned almost every one of their products during my life. I remember getting a color Apple II computer with two floppy disk drives. It was the cats meow in my day until the Macintosh came out which of course I had to get. Currently in my house we have every Apple product made, except for AppleTV. That says a lot since I'm not a diehard Apple fan; I just like how their products work.

His contribution to technology in this day and age is certainly something that has affected everyone on this planet. His legacy will continue to improve our lifestyle.

I am def not a fan of any Apple products but when I heard this speech
Steve Jobs gave at Stanford in 2005 made me respect this man.

heres the speech if some of you have never heard it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc

its a must watch. it is one of the best

its worth watching this 15 minute video

RIP

Steve Jobs responded to an email regarding an idea that I had many years ago. This was about the time when he returned to Apple. I slaved over that email for an hour or so, making sure it was clear, concise and brief. This was the hardest 2 sentences I ever wrote in my life. I never really expected to get a response. But, in an hour or so...there it was. A response from Steve. A one sentence response... "Great call, we are going to do that."

Wow.

-Jim

Did he pay you? :biggrin:

I was never a huge Apple fan, but I have to respect the man and what he has done. This is a huge loss to all of us, he set the bar far higher than anyone else in this industry and forced many other companies to innovate or die. I'm very sad tonight :(.

Why weren't you an Apple fan?

RIP Steve Jobs. Three apples changed the world forever. The first one seduced Eve, second one fell on Newton & the 3rd was offered to the world by Steve Jobs.

Rest In Peace!!

He actually lived quite a long time for somebody who has such serious medical illnesses. He knew he was on borrowed time and IMHO should have retired all long time ago. But people like him are driven and work at pace way beyond most human beings. P.S. - Sean Parker is a similar Visionary and Genius.

Back