• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So i had this dream that i was racing a red Nissan GTR

Nice "dream"! I suffer from similar ones all the time.

On another note, how many miles on the Ford GT and what kind of issues have you had with the car if any?

so your dreams are that detailed?
ambient temp,
current wind speed,
how much gas is in your gas tank,
whats your GPS location,
what you had for breakfast that morning before the race.
how many bars your cell phone had for signal,

yikes

LOL

I wish my dreams were that detailed LOL

Gerry, you gotta stop watching youtube videos before bedtime man. Your brain scrambled a few details and tried to turn this boring video into something more exciting. :biggrin:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fl9Aj_9DwrA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fl9Aj_9DwrA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

I had a similar dream when I was driving this:

cs_goat.jpg

Let me know if you'd like to get together and do it again sometime!

You bet your ass.:biggrin: I've also had some nice dreams about my other not so slow car (see the sig). Would be fun. PM me. let's enter dreamland together. lol.

Yes..... this thread is filled with awesome.

awesome.gif

So in your dream your NSX requires 600+ hp to fight off the 480hp GTR?

If you're glad, then i'm glad. As far as 600 hp vs 480, I'm sure there's a checklist you probably go through before depressing the accelerator (the right pedal btw) all the way to the floor. I unfortunately didn't have time to have his dyno sheet faxed into my office before engaging in roadgoing frivolity.

ummm...ok...I'm not sure why the rude response I was just wondering if 600HP is what it takes in an NSX to conquer the mighty GTR.

I had a dream peiserg and hugh got some gopro cameras and showed me there setups. I also dreamed the pm'd me for info so they could send some pics or sounds clips. They have some SOS's best work and i aint seen shit!:biggrin:
Well we all have dreams.:smile:

Nice "dream"! I suffer from similar ones all the time.

On another note, how many miles on the Ford GT and what kind of issues have you had with the car if any?
Hugh, FYI, while the GT isn't a Honda, it's pretty damn reliable. I've had mine less than 2 years, it had 4,000 miles on it, now has 13,000 and all I've done is oil changes!!!

Nice dream!

In non dream land...

2000 Acura NSX-T ScienceofSpeed Twin Turbocharged:
670 bhp / 3200 lbs = .21 hp / lb

2009 Nissan GT-R:
480 bhp / 3836 lbs = .13 hp / lb (+ some hp for mods?)

and for comparison:
2009 Corvette ZO6:
505 bhp / 3180 lbs = .16 hp / lb

2009 Corvette ZR1:
638 bhp / 3324 lbs = .19 hp / lb

Be nice out there...

-- Chris

I am calling bull s*** on this dream. If it was a real dream, Natalie Portman would be in the passenger seat.

Nice dream!

In non dream land...

2000 Acura NSX-T ScienceofSpeed Twin Turbocharged:
670 bhp / 3200 lbs = .21 hp / lb

2009 Nissan GT-R:
480 bhp / 3836 lbs = .13 hp / lb (+ some hp for mods?)

and for comparison:
2009 Corvette ZO6:
505 bhp / 3180 lbs = .16 hp / lb

2009 Corvette ZR1:
638 bhp / 3324 lbs = .19 hp / lb

Be nice out there...

-- Chris

This... Without a tune the GTR won't make anything over stock with just the midpipe IMO... Maybe a few HP, or maybe even a step back depending on what the ecu tries to do.

With a Cobb ap, huge difference. Cobb plus latest 17.5psi stage 2 map plus midpipe would likely be +100hp at the wheels over stock

I'm running bone stock plus Cobb ap 17psi stage 1 map and my car is probably good for 11.1 or so... Stage 2 w/midpipe will break into 10s

Either way, great dream :biggrin:

Last edited:
I've been hesitant on getting the Cobb because of warranty and I have extended service contracts but after driving it for a few months I think I'm going to bite the bullet and tune it. I have the need for speed! My neighbor just picked up a 2013 last week :)

I saw a red GTR leave my neighborhood tonight as I was pulling into my street in my silver NSX. Was that you by any chance?

I'll be racing a 2013 GTR Black Edition this Thursday on the airfield.

The GTR has Midpipe, tune and exhaust 530whp on a Dyno Dynamics.

This should be fun and I will try to get video.

I'll be racing a 2013 GTR Black Edition this Thursday on the airfield.

The GTR has Midpipe, tune and exhaust 530whp on a Dyno Dynamics.

This should be fun and I will try to get video.

Wow, good luck and can't wait for the video!

Nope I didn't drive my GTR today I was home all day.

I saw the GTR in my neighborhood again tonight, so I approached the driver. He seemed pretty uninterested in talking, and had a blank expression when I told him that I had an Acura NSX. He was like "Acura?" Anyway, pretty funny.

Gerry, you gotta stop watching youtube videos before bedtime man. Your brain scrambled a few details and tried to turn this boring video into something more exciting. :biggrin:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fl9Aj_9DwrA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fl9Aj_9DwrA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

I'm a big nissan fan but to me the GT-R always looks fat and supersize ugly. And that's amplified big time when it's put next to the sleek, slim and superb NSX ...

it's not all about hp!

Loved the video very nicely done.

Whats the name of the song that starts at the 5:30 mark.

Back