• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So, who's planning on buying the new NSX?

None of us know anything about it's performance or feel quality. So what do you base "130K is too much" on? They have clearly stated their target are cars like the McLaren. That's a 250K car. $130 is too much?
et

No what they've stated is "they're "driving those cars for comparison as a feel to see what works and what they like". You don't really believe they're targeting the Mclaren with a V6 do you?? Seriously the RLX was tested against the 5 series yet it's not performing like a 5 series in comparison tests. Honda used a Lotus Elise as a compa car for the CRZ and we see how well that went. The Accord was set up to go up against the most competitive market out there and it's barely holding it's own.

Plus it's only mags stating price. Chris Martin at Honda said it would be more than a GTR ( GTR was still less than a $100k at that point) and Ted Klause has said it would fall within the 911 R8 total pricing. Does $130k fall in that range? Yes put so does $100-105K. The Japanese still have to outperform their european counterparts to ask the same price in most cases. If they can beat a GT3 for the same money then by all means price at $130k. Show of hands how many people think the new NSX out the box will beat the new 475hp 3200lb GT3 around a track?:biggrin:

et

No what they've stated is "they're "driving those cars for comparison as a feel to see what works and what they like". You don't really believe they're targeting the Mclaren with a V6 do you?? Seriously the RLX was tested against the 5 series yet it's not performing like a 5 series in comparison tests. Honda used a Lotus Elise as a compa car for the CRZ and we see how well that went. The Accord was set up to go up against the most competitive market out there and it's barely holding it's own.

Plus it's only mags stating price. Chris Martin at Honda said it would be more than a GTR ( GTR was still less than a $100k at that point) and Ted Klause has said it would fall within the 911 R8 total pricing. Does $130k fall in that range? Yes put so does $100-105K. The Japanese still have to outperform their european counterparts to ask the same price in most cases. If they can beat a GT3 for the same money then by all means price at $130k. Show of hands how many people think the new NSX out the box will beat the new 475hp 3200lb GT3 around a track?:biggrin:

I hate to agree with you, but all your points are valid and well put. You actually have me concerned now as I hope the NSX doesn't flop as bad as the CRZ (which is a disaster).

Damn you wingZ....

- - - Updated - - -

You're going to kill 05 values at 105 and ruin the exclusivity.

I hate to agree with you, but all your points are valid and well put. You actually have me concerned now as I hope the NSX doesn't flop as bad as the CRZ (which is a disaster).

Hey we're all (except for Bats) NSX fans and we're all happy it's being made again , but we have to realistically look at "new" Hondas track record and it really isn't great. The RLX was delayed what two additional years and you see what we got. Everyone really wanted the CRZ to be a CRX and it wasn't.

The ILX is a failure not to be over looked either. Much like the Integra was based off the Civic but on second go round it's been nothing but a disappointment both review and saleswise. These are three vehicles from "new" Honda that were supposed to be sporty and more enthusiast based.

Damn you wingZ....

- - - Updated - - -

You're going to kill 05 values at 105 and ruin the exclusivity.

Hey they may well ask $130k for the new NSX , but really at that price point they need to beat stuff like the GT3 which is doing 125hp per liter NA ( which means that Porsche maxed that thing out at 3.8L ). Caustic pointed the GT3 out to me and damn it's something else. GTR will be switching to a 7spd next year and has a goal of a 2.0 0-60. it's not too far off $100k and thanks to market saturation you can get them at less than sticker. Plus let's not forget both of those cars are made "OUTSIDE" the US.

Let's look at the US stuff you guys may not like it for being common but some serious tech is in the new Vette and look at where that's priced at $50k and has carbon fiber body panels?? Don't think for a second Honda isn't making NSX here to keep costs down so in that case is it fair to do a comparison with the old foreign made NSX price that shot up due to the Yen vs the dollar. The new NSX is no longer Yen to dollar. The GTR is though and the GT3 is dollar to euro.

WingZ, you make a lot of sense. I just want to see the car be successful. If it is a solid alternative to other high performance/supercars, I will be very satisfied with that. Very good point about making it here in the US in relation to the dollar.

et

If it does not better the GT-R which costs $100k and is made in Japan, then what is the point? If it costs the same as a new GT3 at $130k, and is not better than that, why would anyone buy it? I highly doubt it would beat the new GT3 around any track, first time out. Just not seeing the buzz being there for the new NSX at any of these high price guesses. The car will have virtually zero prestige with affluent buyers when it comes out except for early adopters, so it will need a whole lot of something else to be successful. And what about the new C7 Z51 for $54k, will it even beat that around the track? While I have a deposit on a new NSX and still own my 93, I do also have a GT-R which is very, very quick on track, and I'm thinking I either get a new C7 and sell mu ITR, or upgrade to a new GT-R. Can't see where the NSX is going at any price higher than a GT-R. GT-R is a phenomenal car because of what they have done with the AWD and the balance of the car overall, even though is weighs 3850 lbs. NSX design could be something all new in terms of performance with the two front wheel electric motors, but even McLaren first time out got a ton of bad reviews in terms of how the car feels. Not so with the GT-R. It only ever got rave reviews when it came out, and it came out at $69,000!

If the car I am seeing being sported around Mid-Ohio, the blue one with the graphics, if that comes to market I will buy one.
No question about it. Even my wife agrees that I should. Hmmmm. I need to build my carriage house.

Make mine bright blue with a white/blue interior.

I will not care if it is beat in the magazines by Corvette, R8, Lotus, Mustang, Porsche, GTR or whatever, and any one that does cares can kiss my ass. My entire ass.

Anyone that says it's not worth the price for the performance can pucker up too.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
If the car I am seeing being sported around Mid-Ohio, the blue one with the graphics, if that comes to market I will buy one.
No question about it. Even my wife agrees that I should. Hmmmm. I need to build my carriage house.

I will not care if it is beat in the magazines by Corvette, R8, Lotus, Mustang, Porsche, GTR or whatever, and any one that does cares can kiss my ass. My entire ass.

Anyone that says it's not worth the price for the performance can pucker up too.

Have a nice day.

I agree with you. I did not buy a Nsx because its the fastest car. I bought a Nsx because its a drivers car. The next Nsx will be the same.

Have a nice day.

I can respect this. Even though we all have our quarrels with the way it looks or the speculated performance stats, the NSX presented before us right now is STILL going to be:

*a better looking car than any German competitor: R8, 911, M3, or any other Porsche etc. BY a long shot...

*Generally better interior design and fit/finish than the Italians AND most Germans

*better priced than the Italian or UK supercars while still deliver performance for a value that only the GTR or Corvette could rival, however, they do not meet exotic car status* for many enthusiast

*be more reliable than any of it's competitors *pending hybrid tech integration. The engine and tranny, along with interior electronics I am sure will be the typical Honda reliability

*Lastly, it's being built by Honda, who has built a reputation of making some of the best engines ever and the original NSX, a legendary icon among car enthusiast

Have a nice day.

Yup, pretty much the way I feel. My only concern is price, since I have a ceiling of about $150k (Canadian). I'm hoping the price isn't too much above that. I don't really care about its performance, since it really becomes academic once you pass a certain point, and we have long since passed that point. What I care about is how fun and exciting a car is to drive, and performance doesn't always equal excitement. I had an e39 M5 that taught me that lesson. That was the main reason I didn't end up buying a GTR. Plus, that car is ugly. I tried, I tried really hard to love the styling. I kept staring at pictures of it to try to convince me otherwise, but I couldn't do it. So I don't care how much faster the GTR is around the track, I just can't own something that ugly. I do love the R8, so the fact the new NSX looks something like it is no problem to me. The only thing that worries me about the R8 is the thought of owning an expensive German car past the warranty period, and that also goes for the Porsche. Plus the 911 just doesn't do anything for me styling-wise. In fact, the only two cars I would consider buying if I didn't end up buying the new NSX are the Jag F-Type, and the new Miata.

Have a nice day.

Sound's like you're the dream customer Honda had in mind when designing the new model.

The car at Mid-Ohio is pretty close visually to what we can expect, but the engine and exhaust sounds are not. That car was running an engine that is not the one that will be in the production car, and it had test pipes on it, so the sound will be totally different. That car was essentially a hopped up chassis test mule given 'shiny bits' to make a PR appearance. There have been a handful of suppliers already set up and being readied for production of various parts of the car, so it WILL be produced. Don't worry about that.

The more I read about it, the more I want it. I'm moving up from a "maybe" to a "probably".

we will " get inside his head" at xpo.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FI-fPFuaNSE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is the video

Is there any chance for a manual transmission? I'm assuming not a good chance. I am waiting to see if the gt3 or special variant will offer MT in the future, but the nsx is looking appealing. Thank you.

^NO
i am keen to get one i spoke to Honda NZ again and looks like we wont get a look in on the first years production run whatever alocation we get they will satisfy Australia first (bit like trying to get an iphone)
the good thing about that i suppose is any wrinkles would have been sorted and McLaren might be a bit more involved by then by year two.

Back