• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So, who's planning on buying the new NSX?

Is there any chance for a manual transmission? I'm assuming not a good chance. I am waiting to see if the gt3 or special variant will offer MT in the future, but the nsx is looking appealing. Thank you.

It has a manual transmission.
Do you mean manual shifter?

Excited about the new drivetrain but the car is still effin ugly. Look how tall the nose is compared to the old car. Ferrari and mclaren have no problem meeting pedestrian impact regulations with proper sexy front ends but the new NSX front end could go on a sedan just as well as a sports car much less an exotic. Plus the rest is just okay looking if not contrived from Audi still. Unoriginal at best.

If the car I am seeing being sported around Mid-Ohio, the blue one with the graphics, if that comes to market I will buy one.
No question about it. Even my wife agrees that I should. Hmmmm. I need to build my carriage house.

Make mine bright blue with a white/blue interior.

I will not care if it is beat in the magazines by Corvette, R8, Lotus, Mustang, Porsche, GTR or whatever, and any one that does cares can kiss my ass. My entire ass.

Anyone that says it's not worth the price for the performance can pucker up too.

Have a nice day.

Totally agree. The more expensive, the more rarity on the road.......So bring it on. Not like a bunch of Vettes on the road. And how fast can you drive on the road?

Last edited:
How fast can you drive on the road? By that logic, there is no reason for sports cars to exist because speed limits exist. That's pretty much the whole point (the real point is fun not just speed though). I would agree it should be GTR beating or go home. I'm ok with it not being as fast if it had something unique going for it but it looks more like the New Sedan eXperimental than an NSX. Just look at the comparison in profiles, nose is much more upright and it has no slender badunkadunk at all. Proportions are way off even before the iffy detailing.
za8azamu.jpg

Last edited:
Honda did say the new longitudinal position will require that the rear bumper will grow to accommodate crash protection. So that should help the badunkadunk. And I think they know the front needs to come down. The concept introduced in Detroit last January attempts to lower the nose with the revised grill (beak). I am going to cross my fingers, keep an open mind and reserve harsh judgement till I see it in person. I think it's heading in the right direction.

Test drove a Corvette C7 for my new daily-driver.

It's going to be hard to wait and over double the cost of the C7, but the wife gave her OK for the new NSX. It's the only car that she thinks is "cool."

We'll see.

Dave

Have to wait to see it live. I was a little apprehensive about my C7 until I saw it. It was a lot better looking than the pictures. I'm feeling the same about the pics of the new NSX.

If I get one I'll probably trade my M3. Got the Alfa Romeo 4C out there too!

Wife approved, two kids getting done with grad school in May 2014 (Med school and dental school) and last kid should be half way through law school by then. Still, I plan to wait a few years till any bugs have been worked out and updates/ sporty versions offered. Still remember 95-97s coming out with the Targa/3.2/ six speeds and prices of 2-3 year old NSXs falling. Kinda like being the IDAK Alpha 12 vs. IDAk Omega 17. Hated the feeling so plan to be patient. V-10 R-8 always a possibility.

what the heck happened to your prime involvement Danny :confused: Nice to at least see one post in the last year:frown:

Test drove a Corvette C7 for my new daily-driver.

It's going to be hard to wait and over double the cost of the C7, but the wife gave her OK for the new NSX. It's the only car that she thinks is "cool."

We'll see.

Dave

Wife approved for me too and it will be DD, but I have to get rid of my Berlina Black one. :( She says I only get 1 NSX lol. I may wait for 2-3 years for them to work the bugs out. And, I still have to get over having no true stick shift- that's my major hurdle that will stop me from buying.

I think its more about spending 130k on a toy......:smile:

What's all this with the "WIFE APPROVED" business! :)
If your wife does not approve, you don't buy the car? Seriously?

You must not be married. ;) We treat money decisions as a partnership where each has 100% veto power over the other. If we agree, good. Otherwise, one has to convince the other it is a good idea. That's what happens when two lawyers get married lol.

I think its more about spending 130k on a toy......:smile:

A ha! That is why I made my NSX a daily driver. Now it is "my car" and not the weekend toy. :D

what the heck happened to your prime involvement Danny :confused: Nice to at least see one post in the last year:frown:

Got involved in two other non-automotive hobbies. I think I came down with NSX burnout after NSXPO 2010, but slowly getting interested again. Good to see you're still carrying the torch!

Regards,

You must not be married. ;) We treat money decisions as a partnership where each has 100% veto power over the other. If we agree, good. Otherwise, one has to convince the other it is a good idea. That's what happens when two lawyers get married lol.

Not lawyers, but when my wife and I got married we adopted a similar "absolute veto power over any purchase" policy. Totally endorse and recommend this (and of the two of us, I'm the spender).

......................keepin it real.......:wink:

Has any dealer actually accepted a real cash deposit ?? If so, how much are they asking for this deposit ? :)

Yes, a nearby dealer has a wait list. I'm number seven on the list, with a refundable $1000 deposit.

it's up to the individual dealership, I guess, on whether they will set up a waiting list or just sell to the highest bidder.

Wife approved for me too and it will be DD, but I have to get rid of my Berlina Black one. :( She says I only get 1 NSX lol. .

Just let me know. I'll give her a good home. :cool:

Originally I wasnt impressed, but the car is starting to get me excited. I think I may pull the trigger on the new one.

Has any dealer actually accepted a real cash deposit ?? If so, how much are they asking for this deposit ? :)
Yup they are taking deposits, I know of dealers in the US, Canada and UK already taking them I've also heard Honda Switzerland taking them.
Likely the first few allocated to Japan are spoken for.

Back