• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Someone please buy this car before I do ... JH4NA21603T000017

Re: Someone please buy this car before I do ...

Looks like its missing a lot more than just a manifold. This car has some sort of story. There are bumper pieces missing, and who leaves an intake manifold open like that? Nice way to send a piece of trash right into the pistons.

Looks like its missing a lot more than just a manifold. This car has some sort of story. There are bumper pieces missing, and who leaves an intake manifold open like that? Nice way to send a piece of trash right into the pistons.

could be a repo and the owner wanted to keep some parts

Looks like its missing a lot more than just a manifold.

The seller is looking for the following:

"Looking for a complete air intake manifold with the throtlle body and injectors and alternator with all the brackets"

What a dumb ass,, " Well geee that there Supercharger is worth 10 Grand,,, Maybe I can fit it on my new Civic" "so lets strip the SC out and leave the car not running and see if we can sell it"!! I would buy a NON-Running car like that for 15K no more no less,, but you guys gotta love the guy for tring to make a buck, even if the car sits there for years!! Dumb ass GUY!! his final Quote " That ther is a COMMPPTECKK DOnt they have those in THOSE NEW HEMI cars like NASCAR"? geeee and the missing bumper peices were " hey those caps on that there Bumper can fit on my kids Power Wheel Bigfoot, then we can paint them with a can of spray paint "

This car has some sort of story. There are bumper pieces missing.

The tow hook cover is also off which would seem to indicate that the prior owner was a track rat or the car had been towed for some reason.

The car has the tow cover off because it was towed. Due to not having an intake manifold, TB, injectors, and alternator. And yes it was a repo car.. entire front end was repainted. Still a great deal if its just missing those parts, and if everything else checks out okay.

Brylek- You don't want imola! :tongue: Sounds like a good deal if everything checks out. I would particularly pay attention to the paint as imola orange pearl isn't the easiest to match. And before Tim chimes in here on the NSX market, once again this shows that most of the 02+ "deals" have a story of some sort.

The problem is the SC could have been pulled right after the owner blew the motor. It looks like it just needs 2k worth of misc stuff but what if...:eek:

Dumb ass GUY!! his final Quote " That ther is a COMMPPTECKK DOnt they have those in THOSE NEW HEMI cars like NASCAR"? geeee and the missing bumper peices were " hey those caps on that there Bumper can fit on my kids Power Wheel Bigfoot, then we can paint them with a can of spray paint "
What in the hell are you talking about?

Maybe I should buy it and swap out my black car. lol

The rear spoiler does not seem to line up properly despite the fact that the trunk lines do. Also the rear bumper (from the pictures) seems to look a completely different shade off from the rest of the car indicating to me some sort of body work on the rear as well.

I didnt notice the Spoiler not lining up,, maybe we should add this to the salvage list,, cuz there has to be a story behind this car,, but if they took the SC off before the repo then its that guys last attempt to make a buck.. Sad sad car,, its Owner didnt love it like we love Our NSX..

The rear spoiler does not seem to line up properly despite the fact that the trunk lines do. Also the rear bumper (from the pictures) seems to look a completely different shade off from the rest of the car indicating to me some sort of body work on the rear as well.

The car is a repo. I have no doubt because a dealer is selling it and it is missing the caps on the front bumper. This wouldn't deter me though if I could install the parts before closing the sale just to make sure the car runs OK. It should but you never know. The trunk seems like it is open and that is why the spoiler looks misaligned. The bumper may have the original paint. On the Rio yellow, LBB and Imola there is so much pearl that the bumpers rarely match the paint on the car. The reason for this is because the bumpers are painted off of the car so the metallic lays down which will reflect light in a different manner. When the body is painted it has a positive charge so the metallic "stands up" which will give you the impression the paint does not match.

The tow hook cover is also off which would seem to indicate that the prior owner was a track rat or the car had been towed for some reason.

look's like it's lowered? if it is, he obviously didnt mention it...which makes me think he isn't mentioning alot of other things as well.

imola exterior > imola interior

Yea someone really f-ed this car up,, Surprised they didnt paint match the rims the same as the car,, better yet they ran outta money they were gonna match the dash to,, they thought about matching the Goodyear tires the same but a buddy of his told him it would just fall off while driving,, he thought that was a good idea,, tore this car up,,ugly

Here's the post from craigslist, : http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/1589142379.html. I saw this a few days ago and was going to contact the owner and check it out, but I'm out of town for work. :mad: Maybe a few local guys can check it out and report their findings? I certainly don't mind owning two Imola Orange NSX's. :cool:

I contacted the owner of this car when it was for sale last year in California. Everything checked out ok and the front emblem was missing then too. If I remember right it was a real estate guy in California who also had a few other modded cars. Seemed like a cool, legit guy.

Could someone locally check this car out? I might be interested. I remember this car last year. It was in Monterey, CA . This car was heavily modified: SC, Comptch exhaust, chrome wheels and ect..
There are 2 missing plugs in front of the bumper, why? Why would not the dealer put everything together prior the sell? Was the engine blew ? and tons of questions need to be answered.

Would this be a salvage title after everything put back together and run ?

The car is a repo. I have no doubt because a dealer is selling it and it is missing the caps on the front bumper. This wouldn't deter me though if I could install the parts before closing the sale just to make sure the car runs OK. It should but you never know. The trunk seems like it is open and that is why the spoiler looks misaligned. The bumper may have the original paint. On the Rio yellow, LBB and Imola there is so much pearl that the bumpers rarely match the paint on the car. The reason for this is because the bumpers are painted off of the car so the metallic lays down which will reflect light in a different manner. When the body is painted it has a positive charge so the metallic "stands up" which will give you the impression the paint does not match.

The spoiler is clearly higher, espeically in the first picture, but if you look at the seam on the trunk with the fender it is very even and uniform as if the trunk is closed. If the trunk was open, the trunk lid should at least skew slightly away from the pivot point near the rear hatch, but from the picture it doesn't appear to. However, it's hard to see from the picture. That one could go either way.

However, I still think the bumper paint is significantly different than the rest of the car. In the first picture where the bumper interfaces with the rear fender and rear diffuser, it does share some common angles as other panels, yet the color is noticably different. However, this color variance does not occur on other parts as the rear diffuser to the rear quarter panel, or trunk lid with the rear quarter panel. I clearly think the rear bumper was re-painted.

Seller pulled the attached pics from the ad and is changing them or something???
He's having all missing parts re-installed and removing the ad. Obviously, price should go up with this.

Last edited:

I personally knew the person who owned the car. I know he took off the supercharger and it does need a clutch. The RPS clutch went out and he never had it fixed.

Back