• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stock market - look up above

bump.....anyone out there looking for a cheap volatile stock which could make you cry or smile depending on how you trade it......esi....

another milestone today.....

If only we could invest in NSX Prime threads and earn returns on the speed of accumulated post/view counts. I'd put $5,000 on the next "nothing good to say about the gen-2" thread and watch the returns roll in, and maybe also go buy another gen-1.

well when you have a real bear shorting the nsx-2 .....:wink:

bump.....anyone out there looking for a cheap volatile stock which could make you cry or smile depending on how you trade it......esi....

lol and ESI went out of business......:redface:

ha a year bump to the day ...and what a profitable last year it has been to those risk on.....I'm curious as to what my fellow primates are doing in this amazing bull run...

Feeling anadequate. I should have just bought SPY leaps lol

Still long gold as long as this dollar keeps going down. Have some feeler positions in India and Brazil ETFs playing the emerging markets. Real Estate Div stocks are dropping, maybe shaping up for an entry. Good for my IRA maybe.

most of the pros I speak with all talk about EM and Europe....me I buy and hold macro themes ....and so far nflx and baba have amazed..

I'm no pro but to me this healthy selling......except for the overzealous selling in the healthcare sector due to a amazon-buffet-jp morgan healthcare initiative.

the rally so far has had a broad level of support.....meaning I think the big boys will hold above 50 day in the near term..

back to the top.....:wink:

Hopefully folks have stayed invested....:cool:

Interesting times for sure. To me, things look a lot better on the market than they do out the window.

Indeed...playing the fiddle while Rome burns....but the market is forward looking...

Indeed...playing the fiddle while Rome burns....but the market is forward looking...

We've never seen this much liquidity and support from central banks. Starting to lock in some gains by selling out of the money covered calls. The one thing that could prove to be headwinds is the election season. Guess we'll see.

very true....its all quite novel just like the virus...

anyone playing BABA for some near term momentum....8 for 1 split coming up:wink:

So I don't have much knowledge on the market, but I have a feeling it's gonna take a dump right before the presidential election. Should I move my 401k investments to bonds until right after the election to try and take less of a hit? I know I may miss the post election bump by doing this but I don't think it will recover enough.

So I don't have much knowledge on the market, but I have a feeling it's gonna take a dump right before the presidential election. Should I move my 401k investments to bonds until right after the election to try and take less of a hit? I know I may miss the post election bump by doing this but I don't think it will recover enough.

joboy77 Trying to time the market is tough even for those of us that are in it everyday. Just look at what happened during the last election cycle. After Trump won the dip was pretty much limited to overnight futures the night of the election. If you are young I would ride it through. You have the wonderful position of time on your side. If we get a dip max out your 401(k) contributions. Compounding of returns is the eighth wonder of the world. If you are older, hopefully you have a diversified portfolio. But if you are worried about the election just make sure you have enough cash to weather a storm. More money has likely been loss in anticipation of downturns than in actual downturns. I know more than a few people that got out in March 2020 and never got back in. The mantra of don't fight the Fed has worked a lot more than not; and they are massively accommodative currently. So that is one guy on the internet's opinion. It's worth what you paid for it :/.

Rob

I agree risk tolerance is based on when you will need your money. If you don't like volatility, sector etf's can be useful. The market can be a short term trading vehicle but you need to be watching it, your stocks every day...and most 401 k don't allow that...just mutual funds...but the best thing is to $ cost average your way in and reinvest dividends and let it work...don't worry about the market swings...that is where diversity helps.

Back