• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stock market - look up above

another bump for this bull..
so I have recently exited MasterCard and Comcast, Nike, after strong gains to generate dry powder. Just topped off on baba to a full position. Enjoying the strong Fang action...

another bump for this bull..
so I have recently exited MasterCard and Comcast, Nike, after strong gains to generate dry powder. Just topped off on baba to a full position. Enjoying the strong Fang action...

Your sale of MA probably a good thing. The BNPL (buy now pay later) guys are coming for V and MA. MA hasn't done much this year. Square SQ just bought one of the major players in BNPL Afterpay which traded on the Aussie market. AFRM just partnered with AMZN to provide BNPL for all purchases above $75. Mizuho's survey indicated that about 50% of AMZN buyers will make use of this payment process. Along with AMZN, AFRM has deals for their BNPL payment option with SHOP, WMT and PTON. Makes for a nice funnel of revenues coming AFRM's way. Disruptor in the payment space.

Good luck with BABA. As I indicated before I stay away from China based stocks. BABA is down 25.53% ytd. Earlier this week China announced a crackdown in gaming for children to 3 hours per week, they also have interfered with Ant financial and DIDI. Today they announced a crackdown on data. You are betting that Xi is going to do an about face. If anything he is doubling down. As always YMMV. Just another guy on the internet's views.

that's the key to any stock that folks are running away from..if the business is sound but there are external factors beyond its control we have to assess our risk aversion...more scary is what a holder of a baba share actually owns...but that is the fun of it...so what moves are you making?

Don't let emotion get in the way of making money...:wink:

Don't let emotion get in the way of making money...:wink:
haha no emotions at all. If I was emotional I wouldn't be in crypto.

I dove deep into how and what methods the CCP uses to control their markets. No way i'm getting into that nonesense. In fairness I still have BABA in one of my managed retirement accounts. I need to place a limit sell order on that... thanks for the reminder

that's the key to any stock that folks are running away from..if the business is sound but there are external factors beyond its control we have to assess our risk aversion...more scary is what a holder of a baba share actually owns...but that is the fun of it...so what moves are you making?

The sandbox I play in is definitely not for everyone. I go for disrupters with high growth. Lots of volatility! AFRM is one I am building a position in. I want a full position going into the holiday quarter and will adding on every dip. If Mizuho is correct, AFRM should have a blowout holiday season. Estimates are that AMZN owns up to 40% of the ecommerce market. SHOP (which I own since $38) is another huge selling platform. SHOP recently partnered with Tic Tok for selling off Tic Tok's platform. SHOP also partnered with AFRM for it's selling platform. (SHOP is known as the anti-AMZN in that sellers on their platform get SHOP's economies of scale and front and back end fulfillment systems; while owning their own customer's data. AMZN is well known for seeing what sells on their platform and then knocking off their own 3rd party vendors) The SHOP partnership is what got me into AFRM initially. AMZN hookup was icing on the cake.

Another disrupter is UPST which uses AI/ML to vette primarily subprime borrowers. With their AI/ML algos which use 1600 factors, they can quickly approve loans with 2/3rd less default rates. You have to understand that the Government does not allow "discriminatory" questions that would possibly lead to a discriminatory result (such as education levels and criminal records) So UPST had to find factors which find people who may be subprime but are more likely to pay back their loans. The Consumer Protection Agency gave the company a "no action" letter which indicates their algos are nondiscriminatory. That letter is good through 2023. UPST started with personal non-secured loans and their customers( financial institutions) pay a small slice of every loan run through UPST's software to UPST. The last 2 quarters have been blow outs. The last Q showed over 1000% revenue growth. This is with only 25 bank/credit union customers. They are now moving into auto loans which has a 6 time bigger TAM than personal unsecured loans. The have also just hired a general manager for mortgages which shows interest in that area too. The company does not have credit risk as the only loans they hold are one to test the effectiveness of their AI/ML.
Cramer said that UPST could grow 1000 times higher. Hyperbole?

Anyway these are the type of companies I like to invest in. Can't give away all my secrets :). Anyway anyone reading this should do their own due diligence. Remember you heard this from a stranger on the internet and is worth what you paid for it!

haha thanks for playing!

Back