• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taillight options

How about this variation? Some of the NSX look, but not so much big red 80's bar.

Close..but not close enough for me...

I'm thinking due to the wild look of my NSX, this Ferrari/Corvette look in the rear of my car looks pretty darn good. I am sure there are some other taillight ideas that may look even better. I've had my car now for 6.5 yrs and the rear taillights just aren't doing it for me anymore. Maybe if I only had the car for a little while, would I think differently. Now the hard part is getting the rear to look like this....hmm..

I'm hoping the NSX stays much like it is for a 06 (or beyond) refresh... but that it EVOLVES. What I would like to see is something like the 02 facelift, but which incorporates rear end modification... naturally coupled with engine (3.5l 350HP NA would be a start)

I think S2000 taillights-like tailights would be most desirable... something along the lines of this quick and dirty chop:

Attachments

• uxi_concept06NSX_rear2b.jpg
    uxi_concept06NSX_rear2b.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 945
Or alternately...

I would also like to see the 02 Type-R aerodynamics standarized (the rear of the body being seemless with the spoiler, for example). I'm thinking SH-AWD for a world-wide NSX-T and NSX Type-S coupe with 350hp 3.5L engine with a redone interior (gauges, standard Nav, and climate control like in the new RL) would make the NSX quite competitive with the C6 Vette.

Of course having an ultra light weight stripper Type-S Zero or Type-R RWD only, probably for JDM-land, would help too.

Attachments

• uxi_concept06NSX_rear3b.jpg
    uxi_concept06NSX_rear3b.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,109
I found this pic in the FAQ section.

bc1197b.jpg

wNDA4MzQ1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Can someone photoshop this little fella? I think the same idea with ends extended upward the same as the nsx lights. I'd buy 'em in a second.

ajnsx said:
wNDA4MzQ1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Can someone photoshop this little fella? I think the same idea with ends extended upward the same as the nsx lights. I'd buy 'em in a second.

please dont do it. :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin:

UxiNSX said:
I'm hoping the NSX stays much like it is for a 06 (or beyond) refresh... but that it EVOLVES. What I would like to see is something like the 02 facelift, but which incorporates rear end modification... naturally coupled with engine (3.5l 350HP NA would be a start)

I think S2000 taillights-like tailights would be most desirable... something along the lines of this quick and dirty chop:

reminds me of a Supra :)

I can't believe it! Something I actually think looks good! It is the inverse of the front fender flairs and carried the theme of his car well. Good job.
attachment.php

1TITENSX said:
Thx. Could you photoshop the taillights that ajnsx posted?

sign65.gif

JMO.

Attachments

• RicemasterTypeR.jpg
    RicemasterTypeR.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,047
Aloha from Maui......here's a photo from Autowave in Long Beach that I found on their website of a widebody.......it's for real and I love the look and may be doing it soon.........enjoy..........Maui Boy.......98 spa/ctsc/etc.

Attachments

• black-taillights.jpg
    black-taillights.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,410
UxiNSX said:

this one is a winner!

1TITENSX said:
Can you fill in the middle part with black and the Acura emblem. That is the portion that is in the middle of the left and right three red lights. Maybe it will look a little better then.

pee7.gif

Attachments

• RicemasterTypeR2.jpg
    RicemasterTypeR2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 648
Hmm... Dunno about the Alteezas... I know one trick that usually makes them look better is when people have opened them up and painted the chrome body color.

I'm thinking at least have the center emblem area body color with the ends being smoked or carbon fiber... I'll see about another quick and dirty chop. :)

Back