• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taillight options

VRoooM said:
Ty,

I was thinking of doing a taillight upgrade also. I guess more like the Ferrari Modena (in the pics above). I think it would look nice. Need to finish the other body mods first...

Jeff.

I can only imagine what you could come up with!!! Your hood vent mod is looking sweet so far!

Some of those concepts look good but I think it's hard for some to adapt because the rear design doesn't really call for round shapes.

here's a try.....

Attachments

• rear4.jpg
    rear4.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 312
  • rear5.jpg
    rear5.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 381
The tail lights may seem outdated because they've had little change over so many years but there still one of the best features of the car, from a distance you can immediantly tell what type of car it is. They go with the car and even though some of the attempts are valient, nothing looks near as good as the original. Its rare to see two NSX's on the road together why should you feel the need to change something so dramatically? The second best looking option is the tinted lenses, but when you get carried away.. (cough cough veilside) it becomes a little rediculous and ugly.. No company is really going to consider putting a design into production unless theres such a demand for it that they can't resist, and i personally can't see any sort of demand for any of these designs except for the few who want to make there car different or try and stand out.. Just an opinion though.. Be grateful the NSX has such a sexy rear end..:cool:

I think you have hit the nail on the head, the NSX's rear makes it very identifiable, just like a Ferrari with it's round lights. I think it's so lame that people want to make their cars look like Ferrari's, it just looks like they are desperate to own one but can't afford one. If you do too many mods peeps will just think it's another Fiero kit car!

Titen, your car looks great as it is, it still looks like an NSX but better. Please don't cross the ricer line!

-Rob

robfenn said:
I think you have hit the nail on the head, the NSX's rear makes it very identifiable, just like a Ferrari with it's round lights. I think it's so lame that people want to make their cars look like Ferrari's, it just looks like they are desperate to own one but can't afford one. If you do too many mods peeps will just think it's another Fiero kit car!

Titen, your car looks great as it is, it still looks like an NSX but better. Please don't cross the ricer line!

-Rob

I'll be patiently waiting for something new (non-rice off course :cool:). I might just smoke the rear lights or get the 02' look.

I am one of the four (according to Mike at clearcorners) that took the plunge and did the LED conversion. Amazing is all I can say. I will post pics as soon as the snow ends around here. :biggrin:

Unfortunately, I have to send my LED lights back to Mike at clearcorners. With very little mileage on the car since the install, and two carwashes, water is setting in one of them quite a bit, and the other just slightly. 4 or 5 of the LEDs are flickering.

I was going to probably send them back so Mike could dim them a bit anyways.

His service is great, but I am dismayed that I am having issues this early. He mentioned that there are known issues with water issues with these lights, so he is going to add more waterproofing to the insides and redo the back of the ciruit board designs so that water will no longer be an issue.

I have to agree to the previous statement. When i see a NSX drving down the road the first thing that stands out is the sleek rear of it. The taillights are kinda like a signature of it and changing that gets rid of some of the appeal of the car. Plus when your beating a car on the highway the car you jsut beat can definently tell he just got beat by a NSX, haha.

nsxinohio said:
When i see a NSX drving down the road the first thing that stands out is the sleek rear of it. The taillights are kinda like a signature of it and changing that gets rid of some of the appeal of the car.
That's funny because when I see an Accord coupe (circa '98) with a spoiler, I always do a double take since the tail is VERY similar to my beloved NSX.
1222641811.jpg

I Love the NSX taillights, except I wish they had LEDs to match the spoiler and I also wish Honda didn't cheapen it with the accord.

I am not very good with photoshop. It is supposed to be dark smoked 02+ tail with red turn signals. Probably would looks much better if I could reproduce the reflections from the original pic.
11309NSX-tail.jpg

I think something similar to this might look good on NSX, while not looking like it is trying too hard to be a Ferrari.
11309xxxriveredauto-img550x350-1121742198rx7_1.jpg

Of course, I'm bias, but it's hard to translate some of the photoshop renderings into a functional lighting system. I found that most of them are two small visually. I also think the above idea one of the best. Personally, I think the best way would be to do a crystal lenses and a circular reflector behind it. That way you could keep the same shape (to fit the body) but have an updated lighting system. JMO. It's always hard to change somehting to work with existing design.

Jeff

I like this one, white round lights instead of orange. Probably look even better if someone can smoke rest of the taillights.

This image was created by MajorStoner
4723nsxrx7-med.jpg

I like these as Novitec Taillights aswell:
F360--rear-silver.jpg

F360-silverwing.jpg

Back