• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taillight options

Ok here we go... not THAT bad IMO. Well it would look better with a Honda emblem. ;)

Attachments

• UxiNSX_RicemasterTypeR2.jpg
    UxiNSX_RicemasterTypeR2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,274
Last edited:
What an interesting post. I'm in the market for my first NSX right now and the only view I truly dislike about the car is the rear end--it looks so plain and like many other stock family cars in the road--in my humble opinion. I was considering adapting Ferrari lights to my car once I get it. I'm partial to the Ferrari look obviously. Could you Photoshop some Ferrari 308/328 rear lights to the black car you've been modifying? Great work on the Photoshopping!

The altezza light set up was nice except for the extra red circle at the top of the ends of each light. Oh and the two centre red circles, ta! Could some one photoshop those out, please? :) Otherwise i like it :D

UxiNSX said:
Ok here we go... not THAT bad IMO. Well it would look better with a Honda emblem. ;)

That looks nice. Wish someone would start the R&D on a taillight aftermarket mod... :(

OBTW, did you steal my car? I'm going out and look in the garage to make sure its still there :tongue:

Doc308 said:
What an interesting post. I'm in the market for my first NSX right now and the only view I truly dislike about the car is the rear end--it looks so plain and like many other stock family cars in the road--in my humble opinion. I was considering adapting Ferrari lights to my car once I get it. I'm partial to the Ferrari look obviously. Could you Photoshop some Ferrari 308/328 rear lights to the black car you've been modifying? Great work on the Photoshopping!
suggestion - why not find a used testarossa ? (assuming there is a good ferrari mechanic around). you will get the look you want and be one fast MF.

I am surprised nobody pointed out that the tailight section of the NSX is too small/narrow to put two decently sized round "Ferrarish" lights... they would probably look very small in reality... anyway I am doing even worse...

:D

I was looking a F40 clip tonight and I really thought the NSX would need a higher tail, it looks a bit "seated" from some angles (this is something that has always disturbed me, along the looong plastic taillight and the terrible wheelwell space around the rear fender - OEM) . ;)

But my skills are very limited with Photochopping (ok, I also want to go to bed, 10 minute is what i had...).

Goodnight. :redface: :cool:

Attachments

• nsxf40small.jpg
    nsxf40small.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,170
1TITENSX said:
Wish someone would start the R&D on a taillight aftermarket mod... :(

I am, though not very quickly. If I move forward on anything it will probably be the recessed round Ferrari style lights since that seems to be the most widely accepted, and since it's my favorite.

I've got ideas and sketches, but I need to get my hands on some taillights to cut up and play with.

The altezza light set up was nice except for the extra red circle at the top of the ends of each light. Oh and the two centre red circles, ta! Could some one photoshop those out, please? Otherwise i like it

Anybody? :confused:

like this?

Nah, this picture. I'd like to see the small reflectors that were added at the (top) ends of the tailight, removed so its just all clear and the two red reflectors on the center panel also removed. Six red lights in total and the two bigger white reflectors in the centre panel left remaining. I'd like to take the picture around to some companies here in Japan, see if i can get it made. :) thanks for the effort though!

wNjg2NzM1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Last edited:
Worst thread in history. I don't care if you flame or ban me on this one guys, but cmon. It's effin blasphemous to even Photoshop this, let alone think about it. It's a Gdamn NSX, not a Modena or 355. Not a CRX or Civic. even the LEDs are a shame. Someone needs to step in and speak thier mind. Sorry it had to be me, especially since I have no place here in speaking my mind without proving myself first. I'm sorry guys... its jut s nauseating shame to see you all enjoying a Modena mock u p on the rearend of an NSX... the REAR end is the single GREATEST ASSet... it's classic and timeless. It set the NSX apart from any other car ever designed. There is NO OTHER like this. An NSX cannot be mistaken... and now you want it to look like a Ferrari... a Ferrari that can't be discerned from a 96 355 or an 02 360.

SHAME ON YOU

I'm just having fun with photoshop, I think all of these (except the one in post #77, I actually really like that one) are FUGLY.

ajnsx, is this one closer?

Attachments

• wNjg2NzM1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
    wNjg2NzM1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 925
HIJACKED!! No, not yet. I can take some pics of the custom work while it sits out of the car though.

I now return this thread to its regular disfunctional programming.

ajnsx, is this one closer

Perfect. Thanks robr appreciated :)

Worst thread in history. I don't care if you flame or ban me on this one guys, but cmon. It's effin blasphemous to even Photoshop this, let alone think about it.

I doubt its the worst thread in history because its something that you dislike. People's views differ, yours strongly ;) There are have been worse. Blasphemous? I'm glad Honda didn't think so when updating to the new headlights. :)

It's a Gdamn NSX, not a Modena or 355. Not a CRX or Civic. even the LEDs are a shame. Someone needs to step in and speak thier mind. Sorry it had to be me, especially since I have no place here in speaking my mind without proving myself first.

Everyone should be able to speak their mind. Nothing to prove. It's just an opinion and one not worth having a hernia over. I wonder if the skyline guys would be screaming blasphemy over this. :D I loved my crx design especially the rear (much better than the nsx's) As with leds, they are an evolution many companies are now on the 'bandwagon' if you want to call it that.

I'm sorry guys... its jut s nauseating shame to see you all enjoying a Modena mock u p on the rearend of an NSX... the REAR end is the single GREATEST ASSet... it's classic and timeless. It set the NSX apart from any other car ever designed. There is NO OTHER like this. An NSX cannot be mistaken... and now you want it to look like a Ferrari... a Ferrari that can't be discerned from a 96 355 or an 02 360.

Whereas i think it's the most outdated part of the car (next to the cassette deck) Horses for courses. Honda thought ferrari were good enough to copy from originally! :)

Nice to hear your opinion, although a little overheated for a simple discussion :D

Parker6Speed, I have a convertible NSX and even I agree with you.

See, there is just no rationale for good taste! lol j/k :biggrin:

Last edited:
AJ... it was a one sided thread so i needed to go the distance to make the case :D
Concerning differing opinions, I hear you... absolutely. I'm usually unbiased and even keeled but throwing a modena rear end on an car that alot of ferrari guys call the "wanna be" fcar to begin with just proves their point. This car isn't a Ferrari. Its actually better in ALOT of WAYS.

Tape deck... yest... very outdated lol... but the rear end is it's signature.

modena rear end on an car that alot of ferrari guys call the "wanna be" fcar to begin with just proves their point. This car isn't a Ferrari. Its actually better in ALOT of WAYS.

Fair enough, but it doesn't bother me what other people think of the car/mods. If they need to deride other cars to make themselves feel better about their own brand orientation, then they have issues! :) I don't have time to waste worrying about what others consider worthy. But i do like to debate it!

park's right, car is beautiful in each of its factory-delivered iterations... why ruin it?

Factory updates continue on cars because they see things others/themselves would like changed, or technology has enabled to improve on (hid's for example) This goes for aesthetics/engine output etc. Aftermarket changes also affect factory updates/new designs, whether that be for better or for worse. I personally would hate to drive around in a stock nsx that looked like everyone else's. That would 'ruin' it for me. :)

Have you seen these ones??

wan11004.jpg

wan11002.jpg

wan11045.jpg

wan11003.jpg

wan11005.jpg

wan11048.jpg

TigerNSX, I think I remember seeing that pic a long time ago. It looks nice. I wonder who made that kit and/or did the changes to that NSX? Where did you find that one?

Dave, Congrats on getting the lights. I look forward to creative things from you. Thanks for wanting to getting the ball rolling on this one :)

Back