• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taillight options

I'm not sure but I thought you might like something like the Novitec kit for the 360.

03.jpg

I would also be interested in the round taillamp conversion that you two are working on. In an earlier post, somebody mentioned that the nsx's taillights are too narrow to accomodate the round lamps and housings. My other car ( a strosek conversion 300zx convertible) has round taillights that are fairly small. I believe they would fit. They may be an option to consider. Lancia was the supplier of the lights. I will take some photos of them and post tomorrow.

1TITENSX said:
TigerNSX, I think I remember seeing that pic a long time ago. It looks nice. I wonder who made that kit and/or did the changes to that NSX? Where did you find that one?

Dave, Congrats on getting the lights. I look forward to creative things from you. Thanks for wanting to getting the ball rolling on this one :)

Unfortunately, I found those pictures from a random website. I do not know who made that kit :( It has M's sticker on it. I do not know what M stands for.. :( I am sorry.

TigerNSX said:
Unfortunately, I found those pictures from a random website. I do not know who made that kit :( It has M's sticker on it. I do not know what M stands for.. :( I am sorry.

You may find it at http://www.nsxlife.com or maybe topend nsx website.

those look like Masarati taillights.

AutoVation said:

OMG! :eek:

Very different!!

The guy probably spent a lot of time on the rear lights, but didn't turn out quite right imho. For such a large taillight area, there just aren't enough lights. I still like the 'round LED behind oem lens' approach.

The clear corner taillights are nice too, but a bit too plain and too expensive. Also, with that many bright led, it might blind the car behind you.

jmo, ymmv :tongue:

Henry.

That's the direction mine are going, but with more lenses. At least 3 lenses per side, but probably 4. I like the look of 3 better, but 4 works better from a logistics point of view since that's how many bulbs there already are. I'm probably not going to have amber lenses. 1 clear reverse light per side, and 2 or 3 red lenses for braking and blinkers. If I can find LED enclosures that work then that opens up options, but so far I have not been able to. The size of the OE housing is too small for 4" lenses, which is what the industry offers as standard. Mine will also differ from the above in that it will be a new lense assembly that uses the OE rear housings. It will still be 3 piece. The OE center and the new housings will be painted body color (or satin black for a different look), and then will all bolt in as the OE assembly does.

Dave Hardy said:
That's the direction mine are going, but with more lenses. At least 3 lenses per side, but probably 4. I like the look of 3 better, but 4 works better from a logistics point of view since that's how many bulbs there already are. I'm probably not going to have amber lenses. 1 clear reverse light per side, and 2 or 3 red lenses for braking and blinkers. If I can find LED enclosures that work then that opens up options, but so far I have not been able to. The size of the OE housing is too small for 4" lenses, which is what the industry offers as standard. Mine will also differ from the above in that it will be a new lense assembly that uses the OE rear housings. It will still be 3 piece. The OE center and the new housings will be painted body color (or satin black for a different look), and then will all bolt in as the OE assembly does.

Dave did you make any progress with the lights?

Ty,

I was thinking of doing a taillight upgrade also. I guess more like the Ferrari Modena (in the pics above). I think it would look nice. Need to finish the other body mods first...

Jeff.

Back