• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2011 F1 Thread....Now That 2010 is Over

Re: Yes, it's all JB if............

the season ending snooze fest continues.

But I'm hoping for some chaos to break loose just to keep it interesting. Even if JB cruised to 2nd and Fred fades, I wanna see some excitement. Someone's engine has to go KA-BLAMO. :eek::biggrin: And it's time for one of the top 4 to have a catastrophe.

Well it won't be Maldonado's engine, he's getting a fresh one next week, his 9th and a 10 grid penalty to go with it.

Maybe a wheel or two fall off in the next race. I think we've only had a couple of those this year?

[edit] On the bright side at least the cameras have stopped following Schumi around for the most part. It was getting depressing watching him going backwards after the start

Last edited:
Re: Some folks like it.

It was getting depressing watching him going backwards after the start
Not for the Schumi haters.

I'm glad to see them leave him alone. Be interesting to see if the new designers really help Merc get to the competitive top step and if he's got enough talent left to do justice to a better car. :confused: On the surface I would think not since Rosberg has done much better with this 2nd tier car, but I'll wait to see for sure.

I'm pretty impressed how reliable the motors have been this year.The trannies/hydrolics/kers seem to be the weak links.

DNF for JB to change everything. I don't see the fat lady yet, do you?

Fred will continue to race for a win if not the points. So, if he just trundles along in 2nd or 3rd and JB scores no points just once........it could be interesting.

JB's crew is way overdue for a phuque up. And of course, Flippy could take him out by getting him confused with Louie's car. Or,there are other ways he could get shafted by traffic. So far, he's been out front cruising with Seb, but no telling what might happen with a little traffic. How's he doing on
engines?

It's all been too calm and collected, don't you think? We're due for something outrageous to happen and Matchett and Hobbs to start screaming "oh no".

the season ending snooze fest continues.

But I'm hoping for some chaos to break loose just to keep it interesting. Even if JB cruised to 2nd and Fred fades, I wanna see some excitement. Someone's engine has to go KA-BLAMO. :eek::biggrin: And it's time for one of the top 4 to have a catastrophe.

WOA WOA WOA...hold your horses buddy! No such bad luck will be wished upon Jenson please.

Maybe petrov will take of him with one of those beautiful dive bombs !!!
Well if he can get close to him...

BTW, Sergio to Ferrari for 2012...

Why does it have to be Petrov? I like the guy. How about Hamilton taking him out, his dive bombs are more spectacular, more like kamikaze's!

Checo to Ferrari for 2012?? Hell yeah, I want to see that! :biggrin:

I really like his driving, he's one stoppers are awesome, could you imagine any of the top drivers doing one stoppers , like Alonso or button ? The story would be different at the front. He is very smooth and stays away from trouble.

But I'm biased big time since I am Mexican too.

-MSR

Kimi is back!

1321002652.jpg

Michael Schumacher keen to see Kimi Raikkonen back in Formula 1

This reminds me of Emerson Fittipaldi telling (in an interview) Nigel Mansell not to drive so fast in Indy cars.

So you thought Indy cars were the backwaters of open wheel racing then? They're doing the same thing in F1 cars now.

Re: What did I miss?

Kimi is back!

Is? or might be? I haven't seen anything but speculation and rumor yet.

That would be interesting; to see how well Kimi can perform after 3 years. Of course being in a Williams would cloud the comparison to Schumi, but still could provide some interesting data.

If Kimi goes to Williams I'll give it three to four races before he calls it off.
Williams can't give him a car to win, not for some time at least.

And he knows this , so probably won't happen.

-MSR

Exciting, but another Vettel pole. I thought Hamilton was going to bring it home.

Miner

I thought Button was gonna get pole, as he had faster S1 & S2 times, but Hamilton found .009 of a second in S3, only to have Vettel beat them both to pole by 2/10ths of a second. We'll see how the races goes tomorrow.

I guess Vettel's bad luck hasn't kicked in yet.

I thought Vettel's non-finish was caused by Hamilton's by-now-famous tire cutting tricks. I see that's not the case now.

It's also a fine decision from the team to not try fixing Vettel's car and save their best driver for another race.

Last edited:
So much for Vettel's good luck.... looks like a suspension component broke and punctured the tire.

Back