• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2022 F1 Thread...

You have to pay for a F1 Experience ($5000-12000) a ticket. Chatting with Martin might be hard, but for the price, maybe possible.

You have to pay for a F1 Experience ($5000-12000) a ticket. Chatting with Martin might be hard, but for the price, maybe possible.

Shoot, for $5 large, let’s pass the hat for DocJohn to get on the grid in Austin, and he can run down MB! At his current pace, no celeb will be on the grid for fear of being harassed by an old, white Englishman with a mic.

Doc would be a shoe in!:tongue:

Shoot, for $5 large, let’s pass the hat for DocJohn to get on the grid in Austin, and he can run down MB! At his current pace, no celeb will be on the grid for fear of being harassed by an old, white Englishman with a mic.

Doc would be a shoe in!:tongue:

I'm in!

I love it!!!:biggrin:

MB is an F1 legend, but the grid walk with “celebs” and their minders has become cringeworthy - it used to be informative when he just spoke to intersting and interested F1 people.
Just like the TV coverage, where the director cuts to the crowd or a “celeb” instead of the action on the track, recent years F1 is a about the spectacle rather than the actual racing.
I appreciate that the rights holders are trying to build the brand, but this seems to be at the expense of what is actually going on on track. A re-balance is required. Leave the manufactured “drama” to Drive To Survive.
(not saying that DocJohn isn’t worthy)

Last edited:
MB and I would get along famously...I will be sure to wear loose fitting blousy white pants and a button way down shirt...

Would have been an exciting race if LeClerc's engine didn't implode.

I really like the sprint race qualifying format - kinda wish they'd include it in more races.

Those are 6 G shocks to his spine....very easy to get a compression fx or traumatic disc protrusion....he needs an mri before Canada...

good......anyone else catch Hill playing pocket pool wilst doing the post race debrief....weird...

I'm sure he did..Natalie in that white jumper...

Really enjoyed watching the CGP. Max made an epic defense against Sainz. Wish Alonso was further up though. Renault has made huge gains but Alonso jacked up the strategy by not pitting at either of the VSCs.

Looking forward to Silverstone.

In 2015 I attended my 1st GP in Canada. On the grid was Carlos and Max, both driving for Toro Rosso. Since then Max has won 26 Races and one WDC ( well sorta of to some). Carlos has never won a race. I'm sure Max knew this and drove accordingly. Lewis finally finish ahead on his team mate. Mick can't buy a point.

In 2015 I attended my 1st GP in Canada...

Nice! CGP was my first F1 race entirely (2000). Schuey won from pole with a bit of controversy on McLaren side as David Cardboard had work done to his car a few seconds before the race. This was before the race was broadcast in the host country's language and English so we had to rely on a kind French Canadian to interpret. Also saw a pace NSX almost crash in our section. Ha!

Montreal really knows how to host a race. They sectioned off quite a few blocks of downtown to host F1 car shows and parties.

Maxi pad is rock steady under pressure...sign of a champion

When I used to do open track events with passing anywhere I was always a hero following but I was a puss in boots leading a bunch of fast cars....

....but the best pit lunches! ;)

Back