• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2022 F1 Thread...

at the 2017 USGP I was a race intervention track marshal station at turn 6. Before PF1 race control had all marshals stand behind the rack limit area for a drive by inspection. I waved at Masi and he waved back. With drivers fines and the threat of being banded for breaking the FIA rules, the teams and drivers are now paying the price for what they did in 2020 and 2021.

at the 2017 USGP I was a race intervention track marshal station at turn 6. Before PF1 race control had all marshals stand behind the rack limit area for a drive by inspection. I waved at Masi and he waved back.

I was really impressed with the marshals around the Monaco track...and even more impressed with how well (seemingly) the ACM treated them. Heck, even Prince Albert went around the track and shook hands with every single one of them. Maybe it's an organizational culture or national culture dynamic but it was very well run - even in spite of issues that sprang up.

To me a Marshall at Monaco one goes through extensive training. They have the very best Marshal team in F1. I looked into joining them in early 2020, but you know the story after that. I still might consider try to join them.

Good racing in the front half on the shortest track, always something goin on...Max is so unemotional in front of his adoring fans...lol...Hass doing better.

To me a Marshall at Monaco one goes through extensive training. They have the very best Marshal team in F1. I looked into joining them in early 2020, but you know the story after that. I still might consider try to join them.

They are the best of formula 1, if not all racing. Always impressed at how quickly and efficiently they clear the track, handle the cars etc.

Just about time for the French GP. Looks as if Seb V is the topic for silly season this weekend. We shall see if he really wants to make money, or be competitive. Or both, although the competitive seats are most likely all taken.

Don't have feelings for him I thing his time is past.

Freakin’ LeClerc.

Sainz drove like he stole it, and I think the team made the right call on coming in for tires; even though they could / have made the call smoother. With his 5-second penalty, plus the tires going off, I think 5th was the best the team could do.

^ I think that Ferrari delayed getting Sainz in by about 5 laps - he could have been more competitive with a few more laps on the last set of tyres.
Perez was lucky not to have been given a penalty for repeated track limits violations, and for not going through the polystyrene chicane after leaving the track.
Russell and Hamilton raced well with inferior machinery, making the best of the safety car period for once.
Once again Alpine were rolling road blocks.
Ocon should have received a bigger penalty for his lunge on Tsunoda.
Points for McLaren, but not as many as they had hoped for.
Leclerc needs to get his act together if he is going to mount any sort of challenge to Max - it’s probably too late now though…

I agree will the above. LeClerc makes mistakes that he shouldn’t, if he wants to be a champion. Vettel will go down in history as a champion who did make mistakes from time to time, but overcame them. In the modern era, IMO, Alonso has been the most consistent (maybe even with Schumacher).

Freakin’ LeClerc.

I wouldn't be too hard on him. He's 24 and mistakes like that are to be expected from time to time. If the team was smart, they'd use the experience to improve his driving and help him mature.

But if this was really a driver mistake, he doesn't have a whole lot of leverage to lecture the team about their issues. That could be advantageous.

Ocon should have received a bigger penalty for his lunge on Tsunoda.

Thought so too. Made me wonder why he didn't but I don't think Tsunoda is the beneficiary of too many race steward decisions.

hard to tell seems like he went off line trying to slow the car and get it to rotate but then spun..rather slowly....it was weird I think there was too much throttle as his speed was slow..so that is the big ? his foot or a sticky throttle..

I believe his crash path the 2018 German GP, plus the health of [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Sergio Marchionne in the same year and maybe the sacking of Kimi played in his head since he wasn't the same after that. Just my 2 cents[/FONT]

Back