• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thinking about finally getting a gun.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Og9ccsb1v6o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Og9ccsb1v6o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That is a fantastic deal for that gun. I have one and it cost me way more than that. Even if you didnt want one, I would buy it to resell or just to start a collection.

Eventhough that is a good deal and the gun is an incredible piece of engineering, try it out before you buy it. Since this is your first gun, here are some thoughts.

The .40 is a good round to learn on. It has more kick than a 9mm (my fav round) but more stopping power. With the synthetic frame of the HK, you will have to learn to compensate for the flex after each round is fired. If you pick up this gun vs. a Sig (my fav), you will notice a difference in the way it shoots.

There are many other guns out there that shoots as well and has the same level of reliability and quality. Its a matter of personal preference. That deal is really great for that gun and if that is one of your top motivations, you really cant go wrong. If this is the gun you will learn to shoot with, then you won't have any other guns to reference to.

Just remember one thing...practice, practice, practice. Practice shooting, taking apart the gun, cleaning, and being safe with it. In fact, I highly suggest taking a gun instruction and safety class. This will bring you up to speed what avid shooters have learned over many years. I've been shooting since I was 14 and there is so much valuable information to gain in owning a handgun.

The last thing I would say is to learn all of the safety precautions and be safe with it. There should never be any exceptions to rules that you learn and set with owning a firearm. In your house, keep it locked up in some kind of safe. This part maybe a plug for me, but I suggest finding a fast access safe. Check out my site: www.LockSAF.com, but look at others, too. Whether you go with a product like mine or anothers, keep that gun secure.

Feel free to PM if you ever have any questions regarding shooting, firearms, or safety. Good luck!

Well, folks I think I am finally going to break down and get a handgun for the house. This will be my first gun. One of my co-workers pointed me in the direction of a special deal for Airline Pilots from H&K.

HK USP40 Compact LEM .40 S&W for $495 including shipping.

I know almost nothing about guns and haven't shot since going to the range with my Dad 20 years ago. However, there is a gun shop/range up the street from me. I plan on stopping by tomorrow just to check it out as I will need a place to practice.

Any thoughts on this HK deal?

Jim

Last edited:
Hey captain, just read your first post and thought I'd chime in... it is a smiking deal for that gun, it is the same deal they gave to feds a few years ago and I took advantage of it myself. It comes with night sites and a couple mags... the package is worth at least $750.

The gun is easy to fire, pretty easy to conceal. Jump on this as soon as you can. By the way, I sold mine after having it for several years to a friend of mine... could have sold it for a profit, but helped him out instead... if you don't like it, hook one of your buddies up afterward!!

Well, folks I think I am finally going to break down and get a handgun for the house. This will be my first gun. One of my co-workers pointed me in the direction of a special deal for Airline Pilots from H&K.

HK USP40 Compact LEM .40 S&W for $495 including shipping.

I know almost nothing about guns and haven't shot since going to the range with my Dad 20 years ago. However, there is a gun shop/range up the street from me. I plan on stopping by tomorrow just to check it out as I will need a place to practice.

Any thoughts on this HK deal?

Jim

Back