• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This is how I want my "ish" build thread 1997 NSX

Got stickers? [emoji38]
a312424ded913190dcc2abb41cf64c17.jpg

8ff3118fd4bedbf52d9a7df7986053d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I want to offer my sincerest apologies to those who were hoping to see my car back-in-black soon. Last year at this time in 2018, I was planning to remove the wrap by mid January 2019, February at the absolute latest. Here we are one calendar year later, and not only is the wrap still on (but beat up quite a bit up front), but given the global pop-culture like success in 2019, and my Facebook store https://www.facebook.com/vf1snsxshop/, I have plans to move on to a previously canceled phase 2 of the same project. It's like one of those holly wood things where you hear they are making a movie, hire a writer, director, eye some key cast candidates, then keep stalling, changing writers, changing directors, changing studios, etc... But I really mean it this time maybe, that I will be doing a phase 2 build which will be different from the two other phase 2 build ideas I had planned.

I will be back-to-black in 2020, but it wont be for very long I don't think.

Congrats on the exposure and success. It's so great to see you did something your own way, on your own path and while popular acclaim probably isn't the goal, it's a cool side effect.

Hope to see you again soon,
Jami

nice stocking stuffers

I want to offer my sincerest apologies to those who were hoping to see my car back-in-black soon. Last year at this time in 2018, I was planning to remove the wrap by mid January 2019, February at the absolute latest. Here we are one calendar year later, and not only is the wrap still on (but beat up quite a bit up front), but given the global pop-culture like success in 2019, and my Facebook store https://www.facebook.com/vf1snsxshop/, I have plans to move on to a previously canceled phase 2 of the same project. It's like one of those holly wood things where you hear they are making a movie, hire a writer, director, eye some key cast candidates, then keep stalling, changing writers, changing directors, changing studios, etc... But I really mean it this time maybe, that I will be doing a phase 2 build which will be different from the two other phase 2 build ideas I had planned.

I will be back-to-black in 2020, but it wont be for very long I don't think.

That's called "development hell" :wink:

Excited to see the next phase!

51362b105d4b20de5c32bc2a2760c7f0.jpg

More stuff has arrived. Okay let’s try this again since I said the same thing last November. Okay by March I plan to be back to black

Taking a page out of the Streeter’s book who took it out of Jeff Nguyen’s book, I added an APR front splitter to Vector 2 front lip. Looks great!! This is my 2nd SoS Vector 2 lip as I had the original rebuilt a couple times in the past 4 years.

Since i didn’t want to remove the entire front bumper to do it, I ended up using quick nut clips. The kind that slide over an edge of material (in this case the lip) with a hole on one side and a threaded hole on the other.

Worked out great.

b516c25bbd9c667a0cc8a21846eb4489.jpg
638eb75d99c0f77f68d761aaf2e64c03.jpg

Very nice!! I need to try out those clip nuts for some falling wheel wells and front bottom cover on my van. Which ones did you use.

Front lip came out great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently joined some friends in making a video while everyone is stuck at home and no car shows are going on.

It’s called “Review YOC” - Review Your Own Car.

I encourage those of you who have put some work into your builds to do the same. It’s fun.

https://youtu.be/doJ-wtG02mE

THANKS FOR THAT, Jhae. Needed some NSX talk and some drivin' and shiftin' time.

NSX Contagious :biggrin: - that's what you are! Miss you up here in Michigan.

In 2015/early 2016 when my car was getting repaired, the body shop damaged my oem side panels, even saw they riveted passenger side to the fender.

Here we are in covid 2020, and I am thinking about building up the attachment areas on the somehow, and refinishing them so they can be 100% useful again.

It seems like it would at least make sense instead of buying brand new side skirts.

Does anyone who follows this thread have any experience or ideas? Sorry I don’t have a photo to attach, I’m sitting at dinner and it popped into my mind.

At some point soon, I’m going back to standard taillights. I never got around to making a V2 from my current prototypes and therefore, I won’t be needing more than one set of lights.

73022c9c3c5d7224c958423f41681d78.jpg
e686daddfbe89223e43557cfcccb574b.jpg

Your build definitely won't be forgotten...one of my favorites. I like how you didn't stop at just the wrap, but continued the theme tastefully inside as well. Oh yes, and we can't forget the power to back up the theme.
Great video by the way to sum up the build and journey.
Can't wait to see what is next. :)

That’s a lot of taillights!!! I had similar parts in my garage. Just sold all of it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back