• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Track alignment with non compliance beam and links

I just installed the non compliance rear beam and toe links and am going back in for another corner balance and alignment soon. I have been reading that i will likely need less toe out back. My set up is.

Currently R888r's F 215/40/17 R 275/35/18 - 36/38 hot pressures
KW V3
Dali track bars f/r
non compliance rear.
canards
Planning on front splitter and GT wing very soon.

Mostly a track car (driven to the track and the occasional weekend day)

Ill fine tune it to my taste as i drive it more with the new rear bits. Im just curious if theres a tried and true ball park I should start with.

How did you get r888s in a 215/40/17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
since you are mostly track i would go with the original 91 spec...that said I would also put 235's up front,and if you find the car is still loose ie oversteer try putting a thinner rear sway bar.Personaly i shoot for the same hot pressures front and rear.

Front: 1.8 degrees camber, .15 degrees toe out, 9 degrees caster
Rear: 2.4 degrees camber, .05 degrees toe in

Try that as a starting point for a mostly track car with non compliance.

Yes, sorry I meant to type 235/40/17. : ( I'm a scatter brain these days

I've been reading every thread I can find on the subject, including the one posted. As Billy always points out in the threads, tire, tire size, suspension, sways etc play a large roll in set up. I searched and searched but didn't find a post referencing my set up, specifically. Form the info I've gathered through all the reading it looks like

Front -1.5 rear -2.5 camber
2mm toe front 3mm toe rear

Will get me close.

Then I read other threads that say 1mm or 0mm for the rear is good for toe now that I have the non comp stuff.

Sorry if it's a redundant topic, id just figured I'd ping some track people that may shed some light to the specifics of my set up. If not, cool too.

Yes, sorry I meant to type 235/40/17. : ( I'm a scatter brain these days

I've been reading every thread I can find on the subject, including the one posted. As Billy always points out in the threads, tire, tire size, suspension, sways etc play a large roll in set up. I searched and searched but didn't find a post referencing my set up, specifically. Form the info I've gathered through all the reading it looks like

Front -1.5 rear -2.5 camber
2mm toe front 3mm toe rear

Will get me close.

Then I read other threads that say 1mm or 0mm for the rear is good for toe now that I have the non comp stuff.

Sorry if it's a redundant topic, id just figured I'd ping some track people that may shed some light to the specifics of my set up. If not, cool too.

I would keep the 3mm toe in the rear. It will help with the snap oversteer. 1.5 is about the max you can get in the front with out going to the Comptech front camber bushings. With R comps like the 888 you can't get enough camber, so if they can get more than 1.5 - great. Tell them to max out the front camber, should be between 1.5 and 1.8 depending on how low your car is.

Back