• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Transplant: RDX DVD-NAV-Audio-Camera

Any updates, better pics?

Don't have any current pics. The car is a mess right now and going in for some engine work in a few days. I'll try to get more pictures when it's cleaned up and put back together... hopefully in a few weeks.

Don't have any current pics. The car is a mess right now and going in for some engine work in a few days. I'll try to get more pictures when it's cleaned up and put back together... hopefully in a few weeks.

Don't tell me you bolted 2 RDX engines together and put them in your car and somehow figured out how to incorporate SH-AWD into it. 'cuz that would be awesome!

Fantastic job!!! Are those your vents between your screen and HVAC controls? Are they just little stationary slits? Beautiful setup. More pics on your progress.

here are a couple more:

dash11.jpg

dash12.jpg

side note, I also came up with some brackets for nitrogen hood supports sense I can't use my prop rod (hood ducts):wink:
hoodprop.jpg

Wow, that's awesome. Great job.

Here is on one more of the new seats and dash.
dash6.jpg

Custom abs plastic speaker plates
speaker1.jpg

speaker2.jpg

That is nothing short of amazing. I've done a little customizing myself, but I would never have the confidence to do what you have done with your car.

Congrats on a job well done.

More! More!

I really don't have any more pictures. I've been so busy with other projects I haven't documented this as good as I should. The whole dash is coming back out so I can re-align the upper display and and possibly re-cover the dash in Alcantara. I also have to play with the back lighting. <anal>I want to make everything match just right</anal>. :biggrin:

Anyone know if a vendor sells white gauge faces? I've seen the ebay back lit ones. May have to make the white ones myself... :wink:

Let's kick it up a notch and convert your car to SH-AWD. :cool: How cool would that be?

Brilliant! That is an exotic looking interior and electronics setup you put together, it compliments your unique NSX.

hail.gif

I love the display at the windshield garnish. Any chance you could break this into 2 pieces to install without removing the whole dash? You know how everyones is cracked. That would sell like Hotcakes. I am sure your busy... how about we give you until NSXPO:wink:

Last edited:
Brilliant! That is an exotic looking interior and electronics setup you put together, it compliments your unique NSX.

hail.gif

I love the display at the windshield garnish. Any chance you could break this into 2 pieces to install without removing the whole dash? You know how everyones is cracked. That would sell like Hotcakes. I am sure your busy... how about we give you until NSXPO:wink:

cracked??? What's cracked? You mean part of the dash?

BTW, VROOM, how much effort is required to remove the dash? seems like a tedious 2 hr plus job?

hardest part in removing the dash is taking all the trim/glove box/ gauges. the dash comes out very easily.

Let's kick it up a notch and convert your car to SH-AWD. :cool: How cool would that be?

that would be badass... We could just take the 4 cyl prelude engine and SH-FWD trans axle and just pop it under the hood... :D but that would be a nightmare trying to operate 2 clutches...

It would be a little added weight but that would be very interesting to see! Just a wild idea of mine :)

cracked??? What's cracked? You mean part of the dash?

BTW, VROOM, how much effort is required to remove the dash? seems like a tedious 2 hr plus job?

I am referring to the piece of trim that is at the very bottom of the windshield between it and the dash. Not the dash itself.

Back