• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Type-S Announced

Day before the reveal... This screengrab will be clearer tomorrow.

View attachment 170818

This screenshot reveals quite a bit ... there's no huge vent in the hood like that blue render nor the additional pair of inner intakes. There may be elements of the pentagon grille by having their signature diamond texture adorn certain aspects of the noticeably large central intake (talk about possibly needing massive airflow to cool whatever additional power's to come).

nice to see your rendering again.Remember all the what ifs when NC1 first came out...we had some amazing in depth style discussions...

Indeed and thanks ... a final guess with the help of that screengrab ... we shall see and sooooo excited for tomorrow!
NSX_type-s_guess.jpg

Man, I think there are going to be a lot of people disappointed and let down on the 12th...... It's Deja vu all over again. People are building this car up to be the end all be all. But remember 2019 when the big upgrade was 2 sway bars, some rewriting of code and orange paint? The rumor mil says +20 HP some external upgrades, and some handling, but the same rumor mill says $185-225K, with dealer "market adjustments" on top of that. If that is the case, I doubt there will be a stampede of guys to shell out that kind of money. I'd say wait until Dec. 23'. Acura/Honda is not going to do a big retooling of the car as it ceases production. The rendering of the grey car is nice and simple, and eerily looks like an R8. But last minute speculation doesn't serve much use.

I'm coming up on 4 years ownership of my 17', and it's been a great experience for me. RIP NSX.....

This screenshot reveals quite a bit ... there's no huge vent in the hood like that blue render nor the additional pair of inner intakes. There may be elements of the pentagon grille by having their signature diamond texture adorn certain aspects of the noticeably large central intake (talk about possibly needing massive airflow to cool whatever additional power's to come).

Indeed and thanks ... a final guess with the help of that screengrab ... we shall see and sooooo excited for tomorrow!
NSX_type-s_guess.jpg

Screen grab sourced from here:
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=357545572655706

Quick update:
1) Top 30 stores in terms of NSX/PMC edition sales volume will receive 2 guaranteed allocations
2) Stores 31-70 will receive 1 guaranteed slot.

Any stores outside the top 70 and any extra orders that the top 70 place will be waitlisted for the remaining <200 slots.

Stores must be an NSX dealer to place an order.

$10,000 deposit required by Acura at the time that the order is placed.

Stores cannot place an order without customer info and deposit, so you wont see available cars in the showroom unless a customer backs out.

Its 9 am west coast..any specifics?

thanks guys...

Actually, the article in the link gives full details on the new car - 600 HP (no surprise as the gearbox was supposedly limited to 600 HP) and an MSRP of $169,500 (iron brakes) or $187,500 for the "lightweight" pkg including carbon fiber bits and the CCB's.... Oh and that cost upgrade saves you a whopping 57.8 lbs. The car is a little better looking, but I do not think it is worth the upgrade costs. I'll keep my 17.....

Same here - downpipes and jb4. Hoping I can get Cicio to throw a set of turbos on.

No updates to suspension at all ?

Last edited:
Yes, upgrades to the suspension..... Read the article. It is lengthy and very detailed and gives you everything you need to know about the car, well, except I did not see any updated 0-60 and top speed figures. With the updates, I'm sure 0-60 is better based on their description of upgrades. It sounds like a very nice package, just not sure it is enough for me to part with additional 10's of thousands of dollars to give up my 17'......

I like the Type S. Pricing for the “base” is not too exorbitant. Decisions, decisions…

Last edited:
New turbo chargers from the GT3 race car. 40+ ft lb torque. I hope the new power is conservative and only testing like dyno numbers will tell

Hell yeah I'd buy it. Since when do rational distinctions influence this kind of decision? If you want rational buy a Kia, eat vegan, and invest in bonds.

I'd pay an extra 30 grand just for the black badges.

Last edited:
Hell yeah I'd buy it. Since when do rational distinctions influence this kind of decision? If you want rational buy a Kia, eat vegan, and invest in bonds.

No rational person invests in bonds anymore.

The yields have been crap for years.

The risk averse cat is more likely to buy big company stocks with dividends above 4%

Specs say the electric motor hp/tq output and capacity is exactly the same although the press release says “20 percent greater battery capacity and 10 percent higher battery output” with the new software.

Assuming this means quicker discharge but same max hp/tq.

See what that actually means for performance vs those new P Zeros.

Specs say the electric motor hp/tq output and capacity is exactly the same although the press release says “20 percent greater battery capacity and 10 percent higher battery output” with the new software.

Assuming this means quicker discharge but same max hp/tq.

See what that actually means for performance vs those new P Zeros.
They re-geared the front motors lower (aka. Shorter). So less top speed but faster 0-60. I'm not sure how the extra battery capacity is being used - probably a remap

Back