• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What has your NSX been mistaken for?

Mitch's post is classic...BUT...until he shows us how to get that mulch and lawn mower in the Diablo....I'm not listening to him anymore:biggrin:

There's the challenge should you decide to accept it Meeyatch1 - the guantlet has been thrown down......:wink:

Walked into a local cafe today to grab some breakfast. I finish and head for the door. I walk outside and there is a group of guys...all in there mid 50s - early 60s looking at my car. I walk out and they say whatcha want for that new vette.........I said its not for sale, sorry. Then I said, its just a honda. They laughed at me and "well that dude just dropped in price." Im still confused by that last statement. Anyways I hopped in the car and I could tell they wanted to ask me something else, so I rolled the window down. One said, whatd that thing cost new. I said, about 70k. He looked like he had seen a ghost. I told him to have a good day and I drove off.

I get the same usuals as everyone else. The most common is Vette and Ferrari.

I've gotten one or two Lotus...I'm presuming they meant the Esprit...and then there was that one Integra.

I'd say 95% of them fall into the Vette/Ferrari category with the majority being Vette.

I get some of the same already posted.

Once these two older guys walked out of a restaurant that i was parked if front of. They were walking around it trying to see a name plate (i have no front/rear emblems). I was about 40 feet away and said "it's an Acura". One of the men said "i thought it was a kit car" :eek:

One woman stopped when i was fueling and asked "what kind of car is that?" . I said "Acura NSX" and she asked "Is that some new type of Acura?". lol

I've only been an NSX owner for a few days now (and loving every minute of it I must say), but I've already ran into a few people that have mistaken the car, which mine is completely stock, for something else.

I was at a wedding party this past weekend and the father of the bride was asking people, "Who owns that car outside? I think it's a Viper."

Two people (the receiptionist at my work and someone else from that wedding) asked me if it was a DeLorean!! To be fair, my NSX is Silverstone Metallic, so I guess it could be mistaken for the stainless steel body of a time machine, lol.

Another (Formula Red) NSX owner told me that some people mistake his for a Farrari.

I'm curious as to what some of you guys have heard people call your NSX. Those of you who have body kits will most likely have the strangest answers.

I just got "corvette" at the car wash

30 minutes ago, in pizza hut, a guy asked me if that was an rsx with a body kit..... I said no. He said what's under the hood... I said nothing....

hahah that's pretty funny... did u correct him?

hahah that's pretty funny... did u correct him?

Yeah but he went to the back and told the guys working that it was just a v6 with no turbo....he called it an Acura NX.....

I got gas at Costco in the District shopping center in Irvine, CA. Two guys also waiting to move up in line commented on the car and they both already knew what it was. The guy with the M3 offered to swap cars for a few days, after he revved his engine to get my attention. :rolleyes:

Heard "Nice Toyota" that some young American punk (I'm in Germany) uttered to his fellow punks when I was pulling up to a night club. Interesting, because the front Acura emblem was clearly visible to them.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I was standing in front of a restaurant talking to a friend...guy walks by and says "Nice Camaro". I just waved and let him go on.

Went to Macys last weekend and there was a weird car show, a first of this kind for me, one of those shows full of corvettes, mustangs and old school cars, very WEIRD, anyways, i thought it could be funny to enter the NSX, while Casey does some shopping, as I am rolling in, one woman said: "Is that a new corvette? ....

now the FUNNIEST was the guy @ the microphone, he starts saying:

"OH, AND NOW WE HAVE A RED FERRARI COMING IN" .. after 30 seconds i hear "OR MAYBE NOT A FERRARI? I am not SURE what car is that" ... hahahhaa

8726_150710307000_645577000_3147353_5253315_n.jpg

8726_150711287000_645577000_3147365_3706893_n.jpg

Very weird show that was ..

Saturday, a fellow came by my shop to look at a couple of cars. He saw me washing my nsx. He said nice spider man. I just smiled and said its a honda. He said well it sure is a nice one.

I was headed for work yesterday and a guy in a Taurus wagon at a 4 way stop crawled almost all the way out of his window to yell MAN I LOVE YOUR CAR. I honked at him.

I almost forgot.

Some guy on Hondatech forums after seeing a picture said his friend had one and asked if it was a VR4.:eek:

I almost forgot.

Some guy on Hondatech forums after seeing a picture said his friend had one and asked if it was a VR4.:eek:

haha doh! might be a good idea to put those honda / acura emblems back on lol :tongue:

Funny responses all , gotten quite a few just like the usual - Corvette - Ferrari - kit car etc.

When it comes down to your complete average Joe that knows very little about cars you would be amazed at the level of complete lack of knowledge of any car brands /models.

I worked at a Dodge dealer years ago as a service manager. When customers come in to drop off their key and get their cars worked on you need to fill out a Repair Order (RO) .

On the RO you need - Model year , Make , Model , Color , Mileage etc.

" What year is your car , sir ? "

" This year " That could mean 2009 , 2008 , 2007 or even an early release car like a 2010. Almost 50% of customers would get this wrong when asked it for the first time.

" What model is your car , Sir ? "

" Oh , It's a Dodge " Thinking only to myself ....OK , That's Just F'n great .... he brought in a Dodge to a Dodge dealership , That's what we fix here , not F'n Yugos....

" OK , good , You have a Dodge , Do you know what model it is ? "

" ??? " 25% of customers would not know or would guess wrong what model car they owned when asked the first time.

" What color is your car , Sir ? "

Shockingly , about 5% of customers would not know the answer and would turn to look at the car or go outside to look at it when asked this question the first time. This would just blow my mind every time I saw a new customer do this.

I just came in here to state that the leafs suck :biggrin:

Back