• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is your daily driver!?

It's not so much my daily driver, but my wife has a new daily and that means we now officially have a back seat for the first time in almost 11 years.

DSC_7809.jpg

2012 328i CPO car.

Last edited:
996TT is my daily driver...well suited to the variable and wet weather in the UK....the NSXs are weekend treats!

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

SS

Last edited:
996TT is my daily driver...well suited to the variable and wet weather in the UK....the NSXs are weekend treats!

SS

Lapis blue? Amazing cars, I absolutely love mine! Stupid fast but lacking that ability like NSX has to bang from 1-2nd gear but WOT in 2nd and shifting to 3rd in amazing.

Last edited:
Another vote for the 996 Turbo. It has been my daily for the last 3.5 years and 65,000+ miles. There is not a better all-rounder for the price.

while i currently have 5 Ducati's (1198s, 848 Corse Special Edition, 1100s Hypermotard, ST4s, 900ss cr), the 900 Supersport is the one i like the best.

my 900 has super lightweight magnesium wheels, a 944cc high compression big bore kit, 41mm flat slides, headwork, and a hand made in Italy Gia-co-moto exhaust system. it makes about 100 horsepower, which as you know is an incredibly strong air cooled, 2 valve engine.

while it's the slowest and cheapest by far of all my red machines, it is without doubt my most favourite...

The same reasons why we love the 900SS are the same reasons we love the NSX! They both have soul, plenty of rides out there with more technology, HP, and speed and yet we still keep going back! It makes no logical sense why I am a faster rider on my 93 SS with 75 HP!

The same reasons why we love the 900SS are the same reasons we love the NSX! They both have soul, plenty of rides out there with more technology, HP, and speed and yet we still keep going back! It makes no logical sense why I am a faster rider on my 93 SS with 75 HP!

while the 900ss is the favourite of my Ducati stable, it is by no means the fastest in any way whatsoever, under any circumstance. in fact, the main reason it's my favourite is that it doesn't constantly encourage me to do 130 mph wheelies onto the 405 on ramp the way the 1198 does. it's a much more mellow ride, good for taking in sunset PCH cruises with a passenger. the old air cooled, 2-valve Supersport just thumps along in a very lackadaisical manner. it's the basics of motorcycling, where enjoying the scenery is the most important facet of the ride.

i don't ride the Superbikes on the street much. they're pure madness and excess for anywhere other than a closed course.

but when it's business time, the 848 Corse and especially the 1198s are the red blooded, full testosteroned machines of choice. which will simply decimate anything in their path... :biggrin:

p.s. here's a little video of my 1198 in action, at 75% of my maximum street pace, which is well restrained from my race track pace:

https://youtu.be/wX9_MvvFAJE

p.s.s. notice how even in triple digit speeds what a monster that bike is!

Last edited:
8f250873b66a14f124cb04e3d420e727_zpsnfnm1nqo.jpg

image1_zpsqsfuw9fe.jpg

2015 Chevy SS
LS3 V8, 6MT

Probably the most underrated and unknown sports sedans in the US right now. With a 415HP LS3, Tremec 6060 6MT, Brembos on all 4 corners, and selectable magnetic ride control, this car is a beast best described as the second coming of the E39 M5.

That's "Feed me SEYMOUR" if I recall correctly from Little Shop of Horrors! I agree, a great car and interesting to me here in the Motor City that you see almost none on the road. My only knock on the SS is the gas mileage but I understand that this kind of performance does come at a price when it comes to the gas pump.

That's "Feed me SEYMOUR" if I recall correctly from Little Shop of Horrors! I agree, a great car and interesting to me here in the Motor City that you see almost none on the road. My only knock on the SS is the gas mileage but I understand that this kind of performance does come at a price when it comes to the gas pump.

Gas mileage on the SS is actually quite horrible. I don't know why it is as bad as it is when the Vette and Camaro got better (understand the weight and gearing differences, but almost a 10 MPG disparity between the Vette and this with the LS3/TR-6060 combo). However, this is a great and very underrated car. In fact, Matt Farrah with the Smoking Tire just reviewed a manual SS recently and he praised it. There is a big difference in personality between the 2014 (automatic, smaller brakes, stiff suspension) and the 2015 models. It is now like a non-supercharged CTS-V Sedan.

Nice TL-S.

3G TL....one of my favorite cars of all time. Acura sure hit that one out of the park.

Just picked this up last month. I've always been intrigued by these cars. Took it on a 250 mile trip yesterday and averaged 57.5mph. Incredible. It's also the NSX's brother from a different mother. Built in the same factory.

Plate I'm thinking of putting on it:

While I'm at it....

Last edited:
Just picked this up last month. I've always been intrigued by these cars. Took it on a 250 mile trip yesterday and averaged 57.5mph. Incredible.

I work 43 miles from home. On days with no traffic, considering it's about 40 miles on interstates or turnpike with 70 MPH speed limit, I can sometimes (rarely!) get to work in 45 minutes, or 57.33 MPH average. With my Honda Pilot. I can probably do 57.33 MPH with my Tundra, too.

Sorry, could not resist. I know you meant 57.5 MPG, not MPH. :biggrin:

I work 43 miles from home. On days with no traffic, considering it's about 40 miles on interstates or turnpike with 70 MPH speed limit, I can sometimes (rarely!) get to work in 45 minutes, or 57.33 MPH average. With my Honda Pilot. I can probably do 57.33 MPH with my Tundra, too.

Sorry, could not resist. I know you meant 57.5 MPG, not MPH. :biggrin:

Ya got me. In my defense the "g" and the "h" are really close together on the keyboard. Cheers!

In my defense the "g" and the "h" are really close together on the keyboard. Cheers!

Lol. True story and likely a much more embarrassing and humorous instance of an unfortunate placement of letters next to each other on a qwerty keyboard: I am on the board of my HOA and recently one of the other board members, in trying to lobby that we board members were prepared to discuss a particular topic, unwittingly wrote in an email "Let's make sure we get our dicks in a row." I almost died laughing......

2012 TSX Special Edition - nice interior with black headliner and the closest to a type r inside as we'll get in the USA
( yes, crappy phone pics )

Just picked this up last month. I've always been intrigued by these cars. Took it on a 250 mile trip yesterday and averaged 57.5mph. Incredible. It's also the NSX's brother from a different mother. Built in the same factory.

Plate I'm thinking of putting on it:

While I'm at it....

Uhm. Is intrigued really the word you meant? I guess everyone is entitled to different tastes... And id never fault you for liking a car, even a complete snoozer like that... But "intrigued' is not a word id ever use to describe any reaction to that car

Just a fun fact but the Honda s2000 and Insight share the same steering wheel. We had an Insight customer contact us for a custom carbon steering wheel to save weight so he could get to 60 mpg! :)

Back