• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Congrats..I thought you guys missed out on a factory order...how did you come by the 130R?

Took delivery of #64 yesterday.

https://youtu.be/Tq_qD5Wv36o

The car looks a lot better in person, the rear is surprisingly stunning which I did not expect, looks wider and slightly longer and more presence somehow. I plan to drive it as much as I can once PPF is complete next month.

My journey since last August was really difficult. Not because I am lazy, didn't know the correct method of getting allocation until too late. But I did set up 2 back up plans, both worked. In fact I got one extra allocation August built, which I think allocation holder will happily cancel, take delivery, and enjoy.

Nearly purchased one at $287.5k prior of getting mine (despite caliper and seats were not right color combo for me). We were good at $270k, dealer asked to wait until following Tuesday which they will stop taking offers then. I am ok with that, I waited patiently and asked for update following Tuesday. They said if I am willing to pay$100k over MSRP it is mine. I said I take it and booked flight ticket immediately for next available flight, hours later they told me to hold off and want to wait 2 more days.

At that point I know they were just playing games to get more bid, even if I would had got it I would not be happy after all the run around. So I walked away, my sales texted me following after, below are his exact words and typos from message he texted me:

"when we were talking earlier, Inwas Standing in the Sales Tower with Mgrs and wasn't able to tell you that I would have done the same thing had I been the customer. And, thank you for actually taking my call... you could have easily just let the call go to vm...thx again"

Last edited:
The concierge emailed me in February and said I was an April build (I don't know the actual build number though). Today they sent this:

[FONT=&quot]Your car is going to be waiting on delayed parts, and as a result, we are still unable to predict when it will be completed.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
C'mon supply chain. [/FONT]
:smile:

Congratulations and enjoy it in the best of health.

I took my 2017 out today. Still going with the winter tires as it was only 42 today in Chicago.

Thursday is looking like upper 60s, let's go here.

The car looks a lot better in person, the rear is surprisingly stunning which I did not expect, looks wider and slightly longer and more presence somehow. I plan to drive it as much as I can once PPF is complete next month.

My journey since last August was really difficult. Not because I am lazy, didn't know the correct method of getting allocation until too late. But I did set up 2 back up plans, both worked. In fact I got one extra allocation August built, which I think allocation holder will happily cancel, take delivery, and enjoy.

Nearly purchased one at $287.5k prior of getting mine (despite caliper and seats were not right color combo for me). We were good at $270k, dealer asked to wait until following Tuesday which they will stop taking offers then. I am ok with that, I waited patiently and asked for update following Tuesday. They said if I am willing to pay$100k over MSRP it is mine. I said I take it and booked flight ticket immediately for next available flight, hours later they told me to hold off and want to wait 2 more days.

At that point I know they were just playing games to get more bid, even if I would had got it I would not be happy after all the run around. So I walked away, my sales texted me following after, below are his exact words and typos from message he texted me:

"when we were talking earlier, Inwas Standing in the Sales Tower with Mgrs and wasn't able to tell you that I would have done the same thing had I been the customer. And, thank you for actually taking my call... you could have easily just let the call go to vm...thx again"

Ahh. You got the one from GAS Motorcars that was discussed in another thread. Congrats!!!

Ahh. You got the one from GAS Motorcars that was discussed in another thread. Congrats!!!
Thank you, that is correct. Pure luck and effort.

Gas Motor Cars were wonderful and true gentlemen. I asked if I can have their word that the car will be on hold for me. They said yes since I was first to inquire on the NSX-S. I was quite worried until transport carrier picked up the car as I know they could had easily sold to other higher offers. Toni and Nick were amazing. Real first class dealership and amazing selection of cars.

I was checking cars.com and autotrader.com once every 15 minutes whenever I could since last week of March. I was able to have first dip on 2 NSX S. First one I simply called on every single listing on cars.com to see if they were available, indeed most were automated listings from dealer inventory before they pulled the listings, except one which were available for highest bid (the person who ordered the car could not take delivery I was told). In total I had 3 chances including 1 private party. Therefore, I think with patience many other will be able to get a type S eventually if they don't give up.

Type S Facebook Group

Type S Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1621096104765751

This is for 2022 Type S owners only and verification is required to be accepted.

I appreciate the invite, but I am not on FB, owner of #14 , delivery pictures and NSX Insider Experience pasted on this forum. I do not think I will join FB to have access to the Type S group, I am not part of any of the social media platforms.

I appreciate the invite, but I am not on FB, owner of #14 , delivery pictures and NSX Insider Experience pasted on this forum. I do not think I will join FB to have access to the Type S group, I am not part of any of the social media platforms.

I added Rick your GM to our group.

I added Rick your GM to our group.

Think you guys are mis-quoting the wrong person.

We were added to the group already. If you look above BKWFL45 accidentally quoted us by mistake. We do not know who he is but just wanted to clear it up we are 2 different people.

thanks

Think you guys are mis-quoting the wrong person.

We were added to the group already. If you look above BKWFL45 accidentally quoted us by mistake. We do not know who he is but just wanted to clear it up we are 2 different people.

thanks

Correct. Ignore that.

I don't have FB either, IG only for me. Loving mine more by the day, although the glitchy Apple CarPlay bothers me. Seems to be an issue in my wife's TLX A Spec and my old 21 Ridgeline too.

Great power and an incredible drive. Taking mine to a Cars and Coffee tomorrow. Can't wait.

So happy to see so many old school OG owners getting into the Type S club. Although I wish the ordering process and whatnot was kinder to those folks.

The next chapter of NSX ownership begins.

I don't have FB either, IG only for me. Loving mine more by the day, although the glitchy Apple CarPlay bothers me. Seems to be an issue in my wife's TLX A Spec and my old 21 Ridgeline too.

Great power and an incredible drive. Taking mine to a Cars and Coffee tomorrow. Can't wait.

So happy to see so many old school OG owners getting into the Type S club. Although I wish the ordering process and whatnot was kinder to those folks.

The next chapter of NSX ownership begins.

Congrats! Well said about the buying process, this is probably the only stickler in the process. Glad we got one too before they become out of reach!

Post some photos here, what is your Instagram? Ours is EuroBoutique

thanks

wowza a 4 handle.....fomo has a price....:cool:

It took some years before the first Ford GT and the CGT had a double...amazing price action before half the run have been produced:eek:

Amazing price for sure - this might be a $1M car before year end at this rate!

Very shocking for sure, we knew the car was going to command top dollar in the future but not so quickly....this would out price even the coveted 992 GT3 pricing :)

Back