• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

I have some updated information on the topic of incentives. I've been shopping for an NSX recently and have been in touch with a number of well connected dealers.

In short, there is no $20k AFS incentive on the 2021's. If you want the $20K AFS incentive than your only option is to order an inventory 2020 car. The incentive still applies on those cars. I know for sure this is the case...because I just ordered one! Excited to be joining the NSX owner community! :)

Anyway back to the topic of incentives - for the past several weeks it was radio silence from Acura Financial Services. Nobody would say whether they were going to offer the incentive again. It wasn't until yesterday that I heard definitively that there is no incentive on the 2021's.

IMO it's a coin flip on whether they'll bring it back again in the future.

If that is true then it only took 3 years to adjust the supply/demand curve to optimal..

I have some updated information on the topic of incentives. I've been shopping for an NSX recently and have been in touch with a number of well connected dealers.

In short, there is no $20k AFS incentive on the 2021's. If you want the $20K AFS incentive than your only option is to order an inventory 2020 car. The incentive still applies on those cars. I know for sure this is the case...because I just ordered one! Excited to be joining the NSX owner community! :)

Anyway back to the topic of incentives - for the past several weeks it was radio silence from Acura Financial Services. Nobody would say whether they were going to offer the incentive again. It wasn't until yesterday that I heard definitively that there is no incentive on the 2021's.

IMO it's a coin flip on whether they'll bring it back again in the future.

Welcome and congratulations

Any details on the spec of the car you picked?

If that is true then it only took 3 years to adjust the supply/demand curve to optimal..

I still think it's a coin flip on whether they'll come back but if you put a gun to my head than I'd probably bet that the incentives will eventually return based solely on their track record. Why offer incentives on all of the previous model years if you were generating sufficient NSX demand without it? What has changed from 2020 to 2021? Long Beach Blue Pearl?

That said, I'm sure $20k is a pretty hefty portion of their margin on the car. My dealer stated that AFS won't be revisiting the discussion until at least April 2021. Again, I'm getting all of this information second hand via a dealer and not talking to AFS directly, so take this information for whatever it's worth.

Welcome and congratulations

Any details on the spec of the car you picked?

Thanks! 2020 Valencia Red Pearl, Ebony Interior, Carbon Interior Sport Package, Alcantara Headliner, Carbon Spoiler, Interwoven Wheels (Machined), Red Calipers.

Now comes the excruciating wait for it to ship to PA from Kansas City.

Obligatory pic:

IMG_2395.jpg

where in Pa?

I still think it's a coin flip on whether they'll come back but if you put a gun to my head than I'd probably bet that the incentives will eventually return based solely on their track record. Why offer incentives on all of the previous model years if you were generating sufficient NSX demand without it? What has changed from 2020 to 2021? Long Beach Blue Pearl?

That said, I'm sure $20k is a pretty hefty portion of their margin on the car. My dealer stated that AFS won't be revisiting the discussion until at least April 2021. Again, I'm getting all of this information second hand via a dealer and not talking to AFS directly, so take this information for whatever it's worth.

Everything you say makes sense. I had expected Acura to drop the incentive to $10k rather than drop it altogether, but the reasoning is the same--start to get some of that margin/profit back on the car now that they've (hopefully) gotten the supply and demand balanced. That's what has changed from 2020 to 2021, not just the new color.

I also suspect that Acura's preference is not to discount the car's price to move metal. The only way to make that happen is to build to order. Typical of aerospace companies that build to order rather than make for stock. If the volume is low enough then the solution is to find acceptable work to keep your key people available when needed. This should increase the lead-times for the cars, but that is hardly an issue. I am still of the opinion that even when not discounted, the NSX is a very competitive car. You will see this as other manufacturers start to offer hybrid/Plugin offerings. By the way congratulations on joining the club. I am sure you are excited about getting your car. They are fabulous!

outside of the bucolic Scranton...

Thanks! 2020 Valencia Red Pearl, Ebony Interior, Carbon Interior Sport Package, Alcantara Headliner, Carbon Spoiler, Interwoven Wheels (Machined), Red Calipers.

Now comes the excruciating wait for it to ship to PA from Kansas City.

Congratulations on your new NC1. I like your exterior color choice; I expect you to get many compliments. Did you consider other colors? Enjoy the wait... : )

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words!

I honestly had a tough time with colors. My first reaction when I saw the car was "I'll take that in Valencia red, please!" but since then I spent a lot of time alternating between white, black, and Nouvelle blue. I think the white exterior with red brake calipers and red interior looks pretty great although I'm generally not someone who likes white cars that much. The only NC1 that I've ever seen in person was black. I liked the stealth aspect of it but it just didn't sing to me and I realized that I never found myself daydreaming about the car in that color. I liked the Nouvelle blue enough that I made an offer on a used one, but ultimately the seller and I weren't able to come to terms. In the end I decided to just go with my initial instinct with the Valencia red. The first time I'll ever see the color in person is when mine arrives. It's slightly nerve racking. :)

Regarding Steve's question, I actually didn't have my custom build spec'd with those wheels. I like the Y Spoke and Interwoven wheels about equally, although I strongly prefer the dark/painted finish on both. I wouldn't have picked the machined finish. That just happens to be how the car was equipped. I figured that it's not too tough to simply get them powder coated or painted if I can't locate anyone who's interested in swapping wheels.

Does anyone know how the nsxprime moderation system works? I just typed a fairly lengthy reply to the comments above only to get a "your post is awaiting approval by a moderator" message.

This has happened to me a couple of times now. My previous "awaiting moderator approval" post was several weeks ago and still hasn't appeared. I've obviously made other forum posts since then...I can't figure out what triggers some posts to require moderator approval and others to go right though. Any ideas?

Huge Congrats! Beautiful Gen2!!

Huge Congrats! Beautiful Gen2!! I've had my just over 3 years now and love it!:smile:
I'm sure you will too! Welcome to the Club:biggrin: Here's mine lowered a bit with wheels!

002.jpg

Does anyone know how the nsxprime moderation system works? I just typed a fairly lengthy reply to the comments above only to get a "your post is awaiting approval by a moderator" message.

This has happened to me a couple of times now. My previous "awaiting moderator approval" post was several weeks ago and still hasn't appeared. I've obviously made other forum posts since then...I can't figure out what triggers some posts to require moderator approval and others to go right though. Any ideas?

I am having similar issues as well. I posted earlier to gather members thoughts on R8 V10+ / Performance that I am cross shopping at the moment.

Also, do new members have messaging feature to contact other forum members?

Last edited:

I am having similar issues as well. I posted earlier to gather members thoughts on R8 V10+ / Performance that I am cross shopping at the moment.

Hi guys- sorry you are having trouble. I don't see any post approval notifications, but we'll look into this a bit more. Part of the problem is that Prime is running on outdated software and is getting more and more glitchy. We're going to upgrade the entire site shortly to something much more stable. You need 5 posts on the forums to be able to send PMs.

Found your older posts and approved them. Sorry for that delay. The new moderators (myself included) are still learning the ins and outs and finding where moderated posts live. Bear with us.

So it looks like your R8 V10+ post is in moderation still but appears to be a duplicate of another thread you started.

I am able to post now so please delete the original one that was submitted a few weeks ago.

Is there Private Message feature that's available for new members?

Thanks

There is but it doesn't turn on until you hit a certain milestone. It's a fail safe against bots and scammers. Keep contributing and posting and you'll eventually see the option.

Back