• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where's the bottom

Any reason why you guys are all using Acura Financial? The dealer in IL said they won't lease a car to a registered owner in CA so we decided to use our 3rd party lease company (Putnam) and now trying to figure out the details.

It's because in order to obtain the $30k "purchase assistance", process must go through Acura Financial. However....I suppose a dealer could just do the discount with AF? I'm sure they get some sort of kickback from Acura. I may be muddling details, and one of the dealer folken here will correct me.

However....I suppose a dealer could just do the discount with AF? I'm sure they get some sort of kickback from Acura.
They will but it won't be that high as if you go with AF. The deal is to get you on the ferry boat and recoup their initial loss right before you want to leave the boat again. ;)

Last edited:
It's because in order to obtain the $30k "purchase assistance", process must go through Acura Financial. However....I suppose a dealer could just do the discount with AF? I'm sure they get some sort of kickback from Acura. I may be muddling details, and one of the dealer folken here will correct me.

Do you know if there's a minimum amount of time required to be with Acura Financial, before a complete pay-off or a re-finance with another lender?

Do you know if there's a minimum amount of time required to be with Acura Financial, before a complete pay-off or a re-finance with another lender?

Apparently there isn’t. A few people had called Acura financial and were told that there is no issue. Some of those people have already paid off their loans and we haven’t heard back from them, so I would assume there is no issue.

If you want to play it safe call Acura financial and ask. Don’t ask the dealer because they want the finance kick backs.

Apparently there isn’t. A few people had called Acura financial and were told that there is no issue. Some of those people have already paid off their loans and we haven’t heard back from them, so I would assume there is no issue.

If you want to play it safe call Acura financial and ask. Don’t ask the dealer because they want the finance kick backs.

Thanks, how long to wait after purchase before one can call Acura Financial and ask? I'm still waiting for paperwork.

Thanks, how long to wait after purchase before one can call Acura Financial and ask? I'm still waiting for paperwork.

You can call now to ask. Just ask the question.

As far as when you can based on your situation you would just have to wait for the paperwork to process then can pay it off. As long as it is in the system you are good to go.

You can call now to ask. Just ask the question.

As far as when you can based on your situation you would just have to wait for the paperwork to process then can pay it off. As long as it is in the system you are good to go.

Thanks so much for the help!! I spoke with Acura Finance and they said I can pay off after getting first statement. Gotta love working with Acura Financial and Acura in general...great experience for me!!

I am eagerly awaiting November sales numbers, it should be interesting to say the least :smile: ....JM2C....I could be wrong

The 30k incentive and lease deals brought in a lot of 1st gen buyers.
Lease payments went from $1950/mo with 15k down to $1500 or less a month
with 5k out of pocket.

Incredible. Those that were on the fence and passed will look back and kick
themselves IMO. Besides a few with wind noise, the build quality and overall
stiffness of the frame is incredible. Rain racing video below is pretty nice.

https://youtu.be/ym99DEDHNoc

^^^^
I'm probably going to be one of those kicking himself. I love the new car but the timing of these deals simply doesn't line up well for me. Doggone it! I finally decided to just spend the money to refresh my EPS rack instead of trading out. Will at least be still enjoying my 1999, with greatly improved steering. :) Will still be living the NSX 2.0 life vicariously through you guys.

I bet these deals will prove to have been a good time to buy the new NSX, but even more they've proven what people believe the car is worth. So kicking yourself later or not, if the deals are gone then people will just buy something else (just like they were doing before the deals).

Ive been calling around here in Canada and the dealers want to stick close to MSRP. They're all pleading ignorance at the US deals. Import could be easy - not sure what would be required for the new NSX.

I bet these deals will prove to have been a good time to buy the new NSX, but even more they've proven what people believe the car is worth.

^^^This^^^ What we have all been saying for months....JM2C...I could be wrong :tongue:

I keep seeing '17 NSXs added on cars.com.. why wouldn't they just stop production while doing this incentive and wait then bring the 18s on? Think its just such an odd move

I keep seeing '17 NSXs added on cars.com.. why wouldn't they just stop production while doing this incentive and wait then bring the 18s on? Think its just such an odd move

Makes no sense. The reality is it is probably something behind the scenes. I would put money on it that for Honda putting that factory in Ohio they got all kinds of tax credits. They are probably taking advantage of those by producing as many vehicles as they can?

You have to appreciate the extremes going on here. Let’s produce too many! Next year let’s not produce any at all!

Interested to see what December brings. The thing is I feel like they will end the $30k because most of the dealers who used the incentives on other vehicles don’t even have the ability for the $30k anyway. Question is do they feel the need to continue to stimulate the market with close to 100 cars left on the ground with no 18s incoming. This will give people options on do I get a new one for full sticker (or close) or do I buy a 17 at a discount?

I have never seen anything like this. Just when I thought I saw it all this came along.

The incentive sunsets with the end of November (unless they feel the need to extend it)

As far as I can tell, the incentive has done it's thing, brought down inventory and put some cars on the street to be seen (not that I have seen one in Chicago)

The factory is not running at capacity (people moved to other Honda product production, the planting is not running 4 days a week anymore), so producing as many as they can is not the situation

Cars.com is an imperfect measure as some sold cars will be slow to come off the database

The factory has been running so you will see cars being added to cars.com

As of today
New
Cars.com 112
Autotrader 115
Cargurus 128

Used
Cars.com 46
Autotrader 41
Cargurus 52

FWIW....

I'm currently in the market for one too with this feeding frenzy going on. I just spoke with a dealer in Southern California, 130r/red for $172k, discounting $20k incentive. He states that he has until march to use the incentive so he wasn't rushing to drop his price significantly. Curious myself to see what December brings.

The dealer that I got my NSX from said the 30k incentive goes till March 31st 2018. They even showed me the letter they received from Acura with that end date on it. I wanted to wait till March to get my NSX (which is when the lease on my current car ends), but I ended up getting the NSX last week because someone else was going to pick it up if I didn't. In the end I decided to suck it up and have two car payments for 3 months in order to save over $43k on the NSX now.

The dealer that I got my NSX from said the 30k incentive goes till March 31st 2018. They even showed me the letter they received from Acura with that end date on it. I wanted to wait till March to get my NSX (which is when the lease on my current car ends), but I ended up getting the NSX last week because someone else was going to pick it up if I didn't. In the end I decided to suck it up and have two car payments for 3 months in order to save over $43k on the NSX now.

I was told by a dealer who has sold more than 10 NSX he was 90% sure deal was going to end Nov 30th. So perhaps the info you have makes more sense since dealers with the 200k msrp cars aren't actively taking offers for 140k as to be stuck.
Sweet spot on the car is 120-140. IMO

Last edited:
I bet these deals will prove to have been a good time to buy the new NSX, but even more they've proven what people believe the car is worth.

With these deals, the car just got a lot more affordable. Good car at cheap prices attract buyers, bargain hunters and flippers. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The car is now priced ($120-$140K) where it should have been all along, hence why "buyers" have put them in their garages. As to "bargain hunters" they are always looking for the "bottom" and typically will not pull the trigger until the "time" has passed them up. I do not think the market is there for "flippers"....JM2C...I could be wrong :tongue:

The car is now priced ($120-$140K) where it should have been all along, hence why "buyers" have put them in their garages. As to "bargain hunters" they are always looking for the "bottom" and typically will not pull the trigger until the "time" has passed them up. I do not think the market is there for "flippers"....JM2C...I could be wrong :tongue:

Worst car in the world to try and flip....................unless you want to put it in your garage and wait maybe 20 years LOL

Been in HK for nearly a week now and seen just about every exotic here except, you guessed it, the NSX (new gen or old gen)!

Back