• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why are COPS such little people?

satan_srv said:
so you broke the law and you are calling the cop a little person for doing his job. and you decide that this means that all cops are little people. m'kay.....

I think he was referring at least partly to the fact that the police officer ignored the people that were going 15-20 mph over the speed limit in a construction zone to pull him over for no front plate. I would be a bit miffed as well since the speeders are more likely to kill a construction worker than a car with no front plate going slower than all of them. :rolleyes:

Meeyatch1 said:
I think he was referring at least partly to the fact that the police officer ignored the people that were going 15-20 mph over the speed limit in a construction zone to pull him over for no front plate. I would be a bit miffed as well since the speeders are more likely to kill a construction worker than a car with no front plate going slower than all of them. :rolleyes:

I agree..he should be pulling over the people speeding for sure, but he doesn't really know how fast the others were going anyway. I think the comments towards police officers pretty much erased any sympathy I might have had for him.

satan_srv said:
I think the comments towards police officers pretty much erased any sympathy I might have had for him.
I agree. This guy sounds like he is 14 years old.

u00mem91 said:
Oh well, the NSX is still worth the trouble. Just venting...
Matt
Consider yourself lucky, at least it was not a speeding ticket. Could of been much worse.

I too got a front plate ticket on Friday, I am actually very grateful and consider myself super lucky. Some officer are very professional and courteous. Just depending on your luck, while majority are good, there are always a few bad ones.

It is only when officers does wrong things, or made clearly wrong judgements that would make me mad, such as driving on the road like an ass, cutting people off without using turn signals, racial profiling, giving out ticket in incorrect speed zone, etc.

I already have my front plate on and getting ready to have the ticket sign off.

rickysals said:
As for your comments towards police, their presence is the only thing stopping someone less fortunate from beating your ass and stealing your car. I'd honestly love to know what you do for a living that makes you so high and mighty.

Someone needs a wake up call. You're no better than the "little person" cop. Hell i'm willing to bet a semester's tuition he's a better man than you.

*i don't mean to get saucy, but the lack of respect is really uncalled for.

HERE HERE!!!!

u00mem91 said:
Obviously, my gripe is that he selectively enforced the law on the NSX since it made him feel bad about his little life.

If enforcing the law was really his focus, wouldn't he have singled out the vehicles travelling 75+ mph in a 55?

BTW, to the guy saying I was speeding by going 62... two questions:
Do you personally stay below 55 mph? and Are you a cop?

To all the cops on the board I have offended, please get a real job and contribute to our society.
I would like to know what contribution YOU did to the society. :mad: One of these days, your ass might need to be saved by these "little people". :rolleyes:
Steve

You repeatedly attempt to use excuses to justify what happened to you. Take some personal responsibility and own up to it, plain and simple. There is nothing I could logically point out that would ever make you see it any other way than you do now because you have already made the decision to defer responsibility to another person. And when the out come is not to your liking, you just rant and insult someone else's character without even knowing them.

The only difference between you and a four year old child is that you can form elaborate excuses and you're not crying when pouting.

ouch ... this guy is getting "owned" on this thread. :eek:

I kinda feel bad for him. Then again from the title "Re: Why are COPS such little people?" he kinda asked for it too.

I am rather grateful when I am given a window tint ticket when I was caught speeding (which is similar to a no front plate ticket). I dont start whining and pointing out the officer's physical inadequacies.

To all the cops on the board I have offended, please get a real job and contribute to our society.

Think about how arrogant you sound with that statement.

I'd laugh at the day that all police officers decide to quit their 'fake' jobs, and the hooligans vandalize and steal your NSX because there is no one to stop them.

FINAL POST ON THE TOPIC

Thanks for everyone's mature insights, and please tell your Dad I didn't really mean those terrible things I said about his chosen career.

There is a scene in 'I Heart Huckabees', when they are having dinner at the Christian family's house, and after hammering on Schwartzman's character for 10 min, they ask Marky Mark what he does for a living...

I'm going to wager that some of you didn't really 'get' that scene. Pity, because it's probably the best in the film.

Anyway, rest assured there is a check in the mail, and I'm searching for the front plate mount as we type. I want to take responsibility for my actions, and perhaps more importantly, I want to correct this very serious safety oversight as quickly as possible. How did I survive this long?

Peace
Matt

mem91...

woof, tough title to your thread man! you are going to get reamed. oh wait, too late!

P.S. I too don't have a front license plate, and I do not intend on putting one up.

I think I understand how upset you are that you got singled out for basically a harmless, rather insignificant violation...
I think we all feel upset when we are accused of doing something "wrong" when we believe we're "right".

Now, the cop could be like "Why do these idiot exoctic car owners not put their front plates on and make me waste my time by having to pull them over to make sure their expensive car isn't stolen, etc". Heck, he might have just gotten back from the weekend seminar titled "Ways to spot a stolen car".

Basically he's just doing his job...and while it sucks that he's more focused on you than the people going 75mph, you just gotta live with it. Some officers are strickly by the book...and that's just something you have to expect.

BTW- I don't run a front plate...I know I'm breaking the law..but since I'm not breaking other laws (carrying drugs, dead bodies, prostitutes, etc), I'm not too worried about what might happen when I do get pulled over. If you're gonna fly in the radar, be prepared to get nailed once in awhile.

I have no front plate. I pass road checkpoints and I just get the plate out of the envelope I keep it in behind the psgr seat and I set it up on top of the NAV Pod facing outward. The cops let me continue.

No big deal here. Long as you have it and get it out before you come to a stop, what are they gonna say? Front plates on these cars...stopping theft? Get real.

Yes, the cop singled you out. And, yes, cops are little people with sociopathic tendencies. And, NO, they are NOT the only thing keeping the "less fortunate" from freaking stealing your car. That is absurd.

The cop was probably a Corvette owner. Oops, wrong forum…

Also, I wonder if cops were much better people in your eyes the first 15 years / 1,000,000 miles when you were not pulled over for not having a front plate?

>fast forward 15 years

"Man cops teh SUCK!!!"

heh you really hold a grudge, they've been looking the other way for 15 years according to you.

liftshard said:
No big deal here. Long as you have it and get it out before you come to a stop, what are they gonna say? Front plates on these cars...stopping theft? Get real.

Yes, the cop singled you out. And, yes, cops are little people with sociopathic tendencies. And, NO, they are NOT the only thing keeping the "less fortunate" from freaking stealing your car. That is absurd.

Honestly, I was just using that as an example. I couldn't think of anything better...quite frankly, I don't know why anyone should even have to run a front plate. I was trying to rationalize the situation.

The way you generalize a group of people based on occupation is the only absurd thing here.

I will offer the following insight and observation from my own experience as an individual who often has occasion to represent government and law enforcement in the civil context.

In some areas there are institutional factors that breed a macho attitude and a general insensitivity to the public. Most often this occurs at the training academy, where the bad apples of the old guard are sometimes sent out to pasture and end up influencing the new generation.

Combine the above with the increasing militarization of police and the natural tendency of certain aggressive personality types to gravitate towards law enforcement (or the military), and it is not hard to understand why some officers are less than professional. This is not an indictment of the entire profession.

Back