• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why not drive your NSX?

chumch said:
My '91 has 12000 miles on it (6000 I put on in the last 2 years since i've had it) but I have a company car that i drive each day for work which i never have to worry about. So, I take the NSX out on the weekends and evening on the weekdays. Plus, I live in cleveland...nothing less than a tank will do for travel during certain times of the year.

Next time I am in Cleveland I want to stop by and check out your car. It sounds mint and I would love to see it. Cool?

I bought my 91 with 9200 KM (5700 miles) last July from the original owner (actually from his widow). It now has 14,500 KM (9000 miles). I have a home renovation business so I drive my truck most days ... can't haul alot of 2x4s or plywood in the nsx. :tongue: I try to drive the NSX as much as I can, rain or shine, but with my work schedule and the long winters we have in Alberta I don't have the opportunity to enjoy it as much as I would like.

Even so, I'll probably put on approximately 4000 to 4500 miles in my first year of ownership ... not too bad! :smile:

IMHO Hmm....I guess you could ask the same question about a lot of things. Why buy a yacht and have it docked 200 days a year? Why have a beach house in Maui for two weeks a year? Sometimes the feeling of just having an item of such luxury and beauty is just as rewarding as the actual use of it. If you can afford to have an NSX and a daily driver, why not only drive the NSX on nice sunny days? I have only 34k on my '94...but 100k on my 740i. I'll buy a new 745i and rack up another 100k before I do the same with my NSX. But, that's just me.

Caveman said:
I bought my 91 with 9200 KM (5700 miles) last July from the original owner (actually from his widow). It now has 14,500 KM (9000 miles). I have a home renovation business so I drive my truck most days ... can't haul alot of 2x4s or plywood in the nsx. :tongue: I try to drive the NSX as much as I can, rain or shine, but with my work schedule and the long winters we have in Alberta I don't have the opportunity to enjoy it as much as I would like.

Even so, I'll probably put on approximately 4000 to 4500 miles in my first year of ownership ... not too bad! :smile:

Yes, Canadian winters can be hell on drive time for the NSX. I have been caught a couple of times while up in Barrie, Ontario in my NSX when one of their famous 'sudden blizzards' happened. I was stuck there for several days extra before I could even leave the house. :(

chumch said:
mitch,

Send me an email if you're planning to come to [email protected]
I'll take my car out of the museum for you to see. :biggrin:

-Matt

LOL!! Will do. I have a friend who lives in Mayfield Heights so I think that is in your general area.

tewills said:
IMHO Hmm....I guess you could ask the same question about a lot of things. Why buy a yacht and have it docked 200 days a year? Why have a beach house in Maui for two weeks a year? Sometimes the feeling of just having an item of such luxury and beauty is just as rewarding as the actual use of it. If you can afford to have an NSX and a daily driver, why not only drive the NSX on nice sunny days? I have only 34k on my '94...but 100k on my 740i. I'll buy a new 745i and rack up another 100k before I do the same with my NSX. But, that's just me.

This is true - I know it is a different feeling checking this website before and after buying the nsx

tewills said:

While I do understand your point entirely.....driving the yacht or beach house to work in traffic might be a bit difficult. LOL!! :D ;)

tewills said:

That is so true. I completely agree with you. Although my daily is an Integra and so is the wifes. We both enjoy having the ability to drive the NSX whenever we want to but are not willing to give up our Integras for anything else. We love them as much as our NSX.

You have to drive these cars on days like this!
Just got back from a great drive down PCH.
Spotted a 430 in Dana Point, a Black NSX and a new Yellow
Lambo in Laguna, another "F" in Newport Beach.
Driving these cars and abusing them are two diferent things.
Anyway, some should be mothballed.
But it should be your 2nd one. Got to have one to
take out and have fun with! :biggrin:

I probably drive mine more than average but part of why mine has low miles is that I have a lot of choices.

Rain > Maxima
Hot > Ninja
Cool > NSX
Family > Accord
Cruisin > Camaro

I'm thinking about getting a convertible too so I may decrease the average miles even more. I will drive my NSX anywhere for any reason. I even drove it in the SNOW last year.
willy_nilly.gif
Oh the humanity.

Back