• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Will the NSX be worth more than a Ferrari 355?

Depends on specs, low miles 355 in red / tan with manual gearbox will command a premium that the nsx won't be close to. In the ferrari world exterior and interior colors affect the selling price a lot.

Honda made over 18k NSX worldwide, and Ferrari made over 11k 355's worldwide. However, I agree that there are probably less NSX's left in great condition or at low mileage, so we can call production numbers a wash pretty much, or maybe even favoring the NSX.

It's hard to say what the Ferrari badge will do going forward, I'm not sure if the younger generations will care as much when their dream cars growing up were often times Japanese. The NSX was also a "one-and-done" car (save for the 2017 replacement which came years later), whereas the 355 is just one in a series of normal production Ferraris.

Anyway, I have no real prediction other than I think both cars are future classics and both will do well values-wise. :D

any young successful new money guy or gal who is wanting the prancing horsey is not buying a 355....

any young successful new money guy or gal who is wanting the prancing horsey is not buying a 355....

I don't think that is too accurate. I'm 29 and the next Ferrari I am buying is most likely a 355 gated. Although, the first Ferrari I bought was a Scuderia. The rawness of the older gated models is what attracts me, not the bling of a 458/488.

Any person who enjoys the driving experience would say the same, anyone who just wants to be seen would say otherwise.

most Ferrari owners I know always want the latest greatest ....those that can't afford that shoot for 360/435......the 308/328 are reserved for those who wax nostalgic.

Guess I could be in the minority :rolleyes:

who knows:wink: we all have different experience and perspective...mine is no more valid than yours:smile:

most Ferrari owners I know always want the latest greatest ....those that can't afford that shoot for 360/435......the 308/328 are reserved for those who wax nostalgic.

Do those who "wax nostalgic", use Zaino or Zymol? Just asking!!!

zymol of concourse:tongue:

There is a nice 355 on BaT right now and I just listed my 03 there. The answer to this question or at least a decent head to head data point will be available in less than a week.

I'm interested in seeing where your car on BAT ends up. There are those on there that are saying it will be the highest price NSX ever on BAT. The 355 on there is also a beautiful example. I don't know much about F cars but from what I've read you had better have a good amount on money set aside for maintenance if you do buy one. I'd love to own a 355 but the cost of ownership is a deal breaker for me.

There is a nice 355 on BaT right now and I just listed my 03 there. The answer to this question or at least a decent head to head data point will be available in less than a week.

Beautiful 2003 Silverstone, Splinter. Will be watching your listing on BAT and devouring all of the comments. Good luck with your sale!

So were you happy with the outcome on BAT? I guess the NSX IS worth more than a F355. I thought your car would go higher myself. I was thinking in the 90k range.

I guess the NSX IS worth more than a F355. I thought your car would go higher myself. I was thinking in the 90k range.

Dunno if I agree. Splinter's car was an exceptional NSX, above the grade of many of the NSXs for sale. The 355 on BaT was a fairly run of the mill 355; maybe slightly better than average. As such, I would say that *in general* F355s are still worth more than NSXs.

Dunno if I agree. Splinter's car was an exceptional NSX, above the grade of many of the NSXs for sale. The 355 on BaT was a fairly run of the mill 355; maybe slightly better than average. As such, I would say that *in general* F355s are still worth more than NSXs.

I agree that Splinter's car was quite an example of an NSX. Certainly an "1" car but I just looked at the pictures of the F355 from BAT again and, aside from a few minor blems, it was pretty clean and I'd venture to put it at a strong "2" condition wise. I agree that a run of the mill 95 NSX will not bring the money of the F355.

355s are at the bottom of their depreciation and are going to take off in value very soon, just like all old Ferraris do. The 355 is one of the best sounding modern Ferraris, if not of all time. The NSX is appreciating but the 355 will command stupid money in 10 years.

As its a Ferrari it may appreciate to be worth more, but it will never,ever be as "Good an automobile as the NSX. How many 200000mi Ferrari 355s have you seen?

You're right. Gated shifter Ferraris are going nowhere but up. But how much would you have to spend on the 355 over 10 years before you cash in? Not sure if appreciation will outpace maintenance on those cars.

The biggest drawback on the Silverstone NSX's price not being higher was it's color. The Silver/Silver is not the most desirable color combination.

This car has the onyx interior not silver. Silver is a classic color that is easy to keep and doesn't tend to draw as much attention from the authorities, as say arrest me red or yellow. Keeping a low profile is hard enough with a NSX, let alone having one that can be spotted from miles away.:cool:

Back