• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window rubber -- Shin-Etsu Grease too sticky?

My driver side is kind of getting stuck at close to the top position.
I think it might be because the rubber has old Shin-Etsu Grease on it which isn't slick. It's more sticky.

Is there something different to treat those seals with so that the windows go up faster?

Thanks

My driver side is kind of getting stuck at close to the top position.
I think it might be because the rubber has old Shin-Etsu Grease on it which isn't slick. It's more sticky.

Is there something different to treat those seals with so that the windows go up faster?

Thanks
Shin-Etsu sticky? never seen that before i use it all the time works awesome.
I guess you could try Vaseline

The Shin-Etsu isn't sticky in my experience... more like it just... sticks around. It lingers and decorates my glass and I'm fine with that since it's lubing and saving my seals. But it's ok because I only get the snail trail on the top of my window glass which is typically either all-up or all-down, since I apply to door seals/targa seals/trunk seals.

Where did you apply Shin-Etsu that you think it would be causing drag on the glass? Just up at the top seals?

And I thought Vaseline had a degenerative effect on rubber?

Last edited:
FWIW pure silicon is recommended by some to keep door seals in general (not nsx) from sticking. I use it on van sliding doors to keep the seals from sticking together in the cold.

Thanks for the replies everyone.
I didn't know if there was something different for windows or not.
Think I just need a fresh coat of it.

Back