• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WP Pro 6 Piston BBK with E Brake, Introductory pricing

do you offer cryo treatment of the rotors, calipers and pads?

Epic bump - are these still available? And do you offer cryo treatment?

Also any new colors you offer these in? Thx

Bump. Anyone ran these hard?

I tracked these on my supercharged '91, 336mm all round with drilled rotors. I didn't plan on taking the car out that day so it wasn't prepped for the track at all, and even so, it still took until the end of the day to boil the crap Autozone brand DOT3 I had in the front calpers. That can attest to the thermal capacity and cooling of this system as many other cars that day boiled even DOT4 fluid in their OEM brakes. I've since run Project Mu DOT4 and have had zero issues.

Cooling ducts make a huge difference.

Curious too.

No one had them? Really? :(

I've ran their carbon ceramics. Not the steel ones. Great when heated up and working. But I don't recommend then, stick with steel, and deal with Brandon only. Don't have support expectations from the manufacturer.

My nightmare of a story may be posted somewhere. If you want information feel free to send me your number and I'll call you. I went with Stoptech trophies and never looked back.

The brakes worked. Tracked twice at Vir with them. The e brake on the other hand was a joke and their customer service whom I dealt with Sam in Canada was horrible.

My ebrake works ok, the bracket was redesigned by Brandon. His customer service is excellent. He's not the problem. Neither is the quality of the parts from what I've seen. The calipers and discs seem well designed to me and I believe the newest caliper, the EX3D is the best on the market in that category. But there's a huge disconnect beyond that. If you need support beyond what Brandon can give you, you're SOL. I wouldn't hesitate on a steel kit and deal with Btandon only. The reason I'm not recommending CCB's is after an enormous expense 3 years after a purchase I'm still having issues and support is beyond poor. Borders on non-existent. And I don't think the problem is with the manufacturer. The problem is exactly where Stephen is pointing to.

I would not recommend the steel kit either. For me I don't care if they worked ok. I want something that works great. If i'
Spending xxxx on brakes I want them to work, not work half assed. The customer service with Brandon can be great but at the end of the day he still couldn't get things done, end of story. The support is nil.

My drilled rotors started to spider web after my 2nd track event in July at Vir. It was hot that day so maybe that was the cause. I was hard on my brakes but expect to be, if I'm paying again that type of money I'm expecting things to hold up.

The e brake is a joke. It was "redesigned" a number of times. Actually the company that makes them out in CO I called up because after waiting months for the "redesigned" one I had yet to get it by the promised date. I was told it shipped a while ago by Wp pro. Well the manufacturer said it wasn't even cut yet but the order was placed. I told Sam I called and spoke with the company ipsco I think if I remember and he acted surprised that I called and then of course got defensive.

These brake calipers are made in Taiwan. They get shipped by some shipping company to you drop shipped if you have an issue. They look nice and semi work but at 4K+ I would not touch them. For that price there are far better options out there. If they were 2k then maybe, but at the price those assholes charge for a product that never worked well I would go stoptechs hands down.

FYI I want brakes that work the first time I put them on, I don't want to adjust, I don't want to wait for a redesigned e brake "which was like the 4th time apparently since I had a few of the other ones", and I don't want garbage customer service. At the end of the day maybe I wouldn't be so harsh if I got straight answers and not the bs they sling around.

I will admit that we have had a few issues with the WP parts as well as customer service. That is one reason I have not been pushing them on the forums as much. The parts and hardware are top notch, but the combination of not having a proper installation manual for the NSX brakes or handbrake adjustment procedure makes things quite difficult. The install manual was one of the items I wanted to get addressed and never was able to make time to get done.

I can not speak for Dave's experience, he had dealt with WP directly, from what he and I have discussed it was a painful process that did not end up how everyone had hoped. I tried to help out where I could. As far as Sduff, you have never purchased any parts from me or WP, you bought a USED kit that was 1-2 years old by the time you purchased it. I am sorry but no company offers warranty and updated parts for items that were purchased used. I put you in touch with WP after you had an issue with your calipers and wanted a warranty replacement, for a USED part. I sent you an updated cable bracket due to a clearance issue with your wheels, we had it made after WP was taking to long. I tried to help you out where i could, sorry I could not get you sorted out. I don't believe you ever paid for any of the parts I sent you, I sent them for free, maybe I charged you shipping.

Brandon. Yes I bought the kit used. It was from Caroline nsx who babies his car, is a trusted member on here and really just rolls around for show. Ultimately you are correct about warrantying a "used" part but I had a few issues. To this day I believe Wp pro is a crap shoot company with zero quality control because it's coming from Taiwan. I believed my brakes were a lemon hence why I was trying to figure out things.

First my brake bleeders seeped. You sent me new ones. For free. Thanks, but really I expect that because for the price of these garbage brakes bleeder screws that are probably made in Taiwan are probably a cost of $5. I received them in a ripped open standard paper envelope that had been ripped open because the dumbass that packaged it thought it would be OK to mail in a regular letter envelope and not something padded or actually meant for anything besides a letter. I never told you that because I thought "oh ok whatever" but yes, whoever sent them was an idiot but thanks. It came from
Canada so I doubt it was you shipping it. It was probably just a warning sign of the dumbass Sam who I'd be dealing with instead of you for the next year.

But anyways they didn't work, I had Ben at daisy auto do my brake bleeding.

Ben also checked the threads for any damage and didn't notice anything.

Problem never solved.

Onto the next one, my e brake first edition hit the inside of my wheels. Just barely. I contacted Brandon who was helpful but assured me that they were tested and should fit. I said "no they barely fit, my wheels go on but hit" and the angle to the e brake cable should be reworked".

After a bunch of back and forth he referred me to this character Sam I'm Canada who's a f'ing joke.

For over 1 year I dealt with Sam going back and forth about the e brake and it not working. Sam at Wp pro is an expert at customer service. He's a great liar and great at taking your money.

Some notes
My friend gee bought these brakes. He had them in the stock color green anodization. Our famous Larry B installed them and Larry has said he'll never touch Wp pro brakes again. Larry could also not get the e brake to work on gee's car which is a pristine early model nsx with roughly 25k miles vs my 100k one "whixh rules out cable being stretched out". Gee bought his brakes brand new, and one of the Pistons started leaking. Wp sent him a repair boot kit and said to install it. Gee installed it and it still leaked. Wp pro said the cause was the green anodization. Just the green, not the black, orange, or any other stupid color they have.

After some back and forth gee opted to get the orange ones. The shipping took forever. They came from Taiwan shipped via tnt. Gee got his calipers before I did and warned me about how they charged him customs fees and how slow everything took. I forget the date Sam quoted but I believe it was 3 months after or so. Gee sold them and He's now on stock brakes again.

After being warned I asked Sam directly if he can use my Fedex account to hasten the process. He said no but they will ship quickly. I also asked about being charged customs fees and he said no that they will take care of them. So after asking those questions the date passes that was the delivery date. I ask Sam what's going on and his bs answer is he'll check into it. Of course he does nothing and the follow up calls are him saying they should be there any day. A month or two goes by and I ask again. He says they may be stuck in customs so he's going to check. A week goes by and he says that they were held in customs because a customs fee was needing to be paid. I flipped.

I had mine replaced by Wp pro and sold them as well to a friend. I'm now on Stoptech trophies. No issues thus far and my e brake grips. I did not adjust the tension either from when I tried to install the Wp pro crap.

At the end of the day I was lied too about delivery dates multiple times. I was lied to about the e brake being shipped out when I called the producer directly and they hadn't even started the order yet, and most of all I was out over a year of my life dealing with these idiots.

Brandon, I hope you understand most of this isn't with you directly so no hard feelings.

Dealing with Wp pro and their products has by far been the worst experience I've ever had in my life.

Stephan, I understand and apologize for the issues you experienced. I just wanted to be be clear that this was not purchased from me and the items were purchased used, I tried to help you where I could regarding your kit at the end of the day i was hoping you could get your issues resolved with WP directly.

Sam is a problem. I never believe a single word that comes out of his mouth. I would like to, but I can't. Right now my brakes are useless. They vibrate like hell and I have been waiting weeks for some special pad that will help clean up pad residue. I can't track and have been sticking to autocross where I hardly use brakes. I am also on my FOURTH set of calipers, still wrong... Shaylor and I had to FORCE WP to redesign the brackets. I don't think his is still right either. If I could do this all over again, I would get something else. I would stick with Stoptech, Brembo, Alcon, etc. I really REALLY didn't want to post on this thread. I just feel guilty if I stay silent. I will update this if and when my issues are resolved.

- - - Updated - - -

And again, I would not hesitate in dealing with Brandon. He is always helpful. I have bough BC Racing wheels from him besides brakes. The problem is not GT Theory.

...I would stick with Stoptech, Brembo, Alcon, etc. I really REALLY didn't want to post on this thread. I just feel guilty if I stay silent. I will update this if and when my issues are resolved.

First, thanks for posting on this thread Turbo2go!

I was considering upgrading my brakes to WP pro... basicly i liked the idea of the sawblade rotors they offer (big rotors with low weight) but after reading the feedback from prime members i decided not to go that route...

I contacted Brandon in the past and have nothing to say but good things about comunication with him... Didn't buy as stated above, but my expirience with Brandon was very good...

Too bad that NSX owners seem to be a bit out of options when looking for a BBK developed and engineered for the NSX specially if you don't want to go bigger than 17" Front wheel...

My expirience when researching is as follow:

Brembo (F 328mm 4pot/ R 328mm 4pot): This solution has e-brake but i don't like the idea of 50/50 bias. I tried to contact Brembo about piston sizes and their reply was like if telling their piston sizes was revealing a big secret... like if it was "rocket science". They told me their setup was developed to work well with the car ABS and master... but when I don't get clear answers i don't buy... no piston sizes? no money...

Brembo (F 355mm 6pot/ R 345mm 4pot): Once again we have a nice e-brake solution and Bias could be better... but once again Brembo didn't want to tell piston sizes... and those brakes will not fit inside 17" Front wheels...

PFC: They are engineered for our cars (right piston sizes for bias and master) but have no e-brake and won't fit inside 17" Front wheels... If those brakes could fit inside a 17 Front wheel i would go with the hassle of custom adapting a brembo e-brake to work with them...

Stoptech: For me they are one of the best bung for the buck options and are engineered for our cars (right piston sizes for bias and master), but unfortunately they no longer offer e-brake solution...

WP pro: They seemed well engineered and with an e-brake... but i guess by the bad feedback they don't work as expected and as they should...

It is interesting that you mention Alcon! If that company developes a correctly engineered BBK for the NSX, with an e-brake solution, i will put my money there for sure...

Last edited:
My PFCs fit under 17" wheels with some massaging, and Brembo E-brake can be adapted for use on the 14" rotor.

A lot of vibration problems is caused by the pad material. What does WP use? Maybe try a known pad compound.

My PFCs fit under 17" wheels with some massaging, and Brembo E-brake can be adapted for use on the 14" rotor.

Thanks for your reply! Can you please elaborate a bit more on what is needed to be done? Is there a template available? I have front Prodrive GC-07J 17x7.5 ET34 wheels... would be great if i could fit those 355mm PFC brakes there...

I'm pretty sure they offer the ebrake again.

Thanks for the information!

I will admit that we have had a few issues with the WP parts as well as customer service. That is one reason I have not been pushing them on the forums as much. The parts and hardware are top notch, but the combination of not having a proper installation manual for the NSX brakes or handbrake adjustment procedure makes things quite difficult. The install manual was one of the items I wanted to get addressed and never was able to make time to get done.

I can not speak for Dave's experience, he had dealt with WP directly, from what he and I have discussed it was a painful process that did not end up how everyone had hoped. I tried to help out where I could. As far as Sduff, you have never purchased any parts from me or WP, you bought a USED kit that was 1-2 years old by the time you purchased it. I am sorry but no company offers warranty and updated parts for items that were purchased used. I put you in touch with WP after you had an issue with your calipers and wanted a warranty replacement, for a USED part. I sent you an updated cable bracket due to a clearance issue with your wheels, we had it made after WP was taking to long. I tried to help you out where i could, sorry I could not get you sorted out. I don't believe you ever paid for any of the parts I sent you, I sent them for free, maybe I charged you shipping.

Ugh! All this back and forth is making me so conflicted about installing my WP kit. :confused:

Brandon, do you know if my +30 BC wheels will clear the Brembo GT kit.

Thanks for your reply! Can you please elaborate a bit more on what is needed to be done? Is there a template available? I have front Prodrive GC-07J 17x7.5 ET34 wheels... would be great if i could fit those 355mm PFC brakes there...

Thanks for the information!
I'm pretty sure the spokes won't clear. ST or Brembo is a much easier route.

355mm brakes really limits you on wheel choices. I've seen te37 17x9 +22 and lower offset fit 355mm brembo bbk, both 4 piston and 6 piston. Other wheels would be Nismo LMGT4 (I know it's for Nissan), but hey it's just rims at the end of the day. Just make your decision based on what you are comfortable with.

Back