• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

You know you own an NSX when...

+1 I was stalked and pulled over on the freeway in 5:00pm rush hour traffic going 55mph with the flow. Turns out the CHP mis-read my plate and it came back as a Buick, which got him all excited that it was a stolen vehicle! After all was sorted out he didn't even offer an apology only saying that he was a little disappointed I didn't make a run for it...??? Cops!:rolleyes:

LOL !!! He wouldn't have been able to catch you if that happened. When I was pulled over the COP let me go because he liked the car so much. Guess I was lucky that day.

When you need to replace your rear tires twice faster than the front. :)

When house shopping, the garage is more important than the rest of the house (including the master bedroom).

My fiance is currently finding this little factoid about me quite hard to work around.

My fiance is currently finding this little factoid about me quite hard to work around.

I'm currently looking for a house and the very first thing I do is make sure the driveway isn't too steep for the NSX and make sure the garage is tall enough for the D90. If not, I keep on driving.:biggrin:

Last edited:
I'm currently lookinng for a house and the very first thing I do is make sure the driveway isn't too steep for the NSX and make sure the garage is tall enough for the D90. If not, I keep on driving.:biggrin:

If I even so much as still owned my S2000, it would be so much easier to find a new home! LOL

When every beatup tuner with a fart can Neon, Saturn S, Sentra, Eclipse or Prius has to mess with you on the highway.

you get caught in the rain and have to break out your special m/f waffle weave towel and quick detail spray as soon as you get home.

12052012.jpg

Water spots are not an option.

Attachments

• 20121204083827180.pdf
    381.9 KB · Views: 23
You haven't even driven it yet - but you've read several old articles comparing it to its contemporaries, created a spreadsheet to track your mod purchases, and read the forums religiously about faul...characteristics of your new-to-you NSX.

Last edited:
Redneck good 'ol boys in the deeeeep south roll up next to you and give
you a toothless grin and thumbs up, and ask is there a HEMI in it?!

When you tell someone you own an NSX and based on their response / reaction, you know that they are envisioning an RSX instead of an NSX.

On my way home from New Orleans to Tampa, just filled up my tank in Pensicola FL with the original rims with original 20 years old Yokahama's that are bald sticking out the trunk.
guy pulls up in a chrysler 300 as what I was gonna do with those tires I said they are bald and they are the originals that came with this car.
he said thats cool but what are you gonna do with the tires. I got a buddy looking for tires for his truck and those look the same size.
I told him again they are staying with the car.
he tells me then whats wrong with the tires on this car they look brand new.
I started to say something then stopped mid sentence and change the subject I asked which way to Kansas he said he didnt know he is not from around hear.
I drove off. feeling a few points lower on my IQ since having spoke with him.
was a white gangster kinda country guy with his GF riding shotgun with replica glasses like Kim Kardashin

LOL^ I was at a red light last week, almost home, when some kids pull up behind me-then pull to my left as to speak to me at the last minute. I hear "scuse me, scuse me!" I look over as to give him my attention and he asks; "what kind of body kit is that?"...."its not, its an Acura" I reply (its totally stock on the outside). I chuckle to myself and go home.

Then, 3 days ago, we have just moved into a new house and I am staying home to supervise some construction. The general contractor shows up at about 8am and I open the garage to walk out to meet him. We exchange pleasantries and then the car catches his attention, and what do I hear? you guessed it-"Oh wow, nice Corvette man". I'm like, "yeah, its an Acura" I don't even bother saying its an NSX anymore because nobody around here would even know.

Ok, you know you own an NSX when - your inadvertently convincing your friends that they have to get one just by taking them for a ride in it.

True story: a young guy the other day at lunch:

Him: Is that your NSX outside?

Me: Yes it is.

Him: Is that the Honda version or the Acura version? (mine is a US car with Honda badges)

Me: What do you mean Honda or Acura version, they are all the same.

Him: No they're not.

Me: O.K., then what is the difference?

Him: The Acura version has better quality parts.

Me: ?!?!? (I then politely explained to him the concept of 'who-made-who' including the history of how Acura came to be in 1986 and how Lexus and Infiniti would never have existed if it weren't for Honda's great idea and how Toyota & Nissan simply played copy-cat.)

Him: Oh...

When you are at the drive thru and the person at the window wants to play 20 questions with you about your car and calls all of his coworkers over to see it.

When you are at the drive thru and the person at the window wants to play 20 questions with you about your car and calls all of his coworkers over to see it.

Or the fact that you have a hard time reaching your food.

Back