• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Reintroducing The LoveFab WFS Chassis Braces- The Permanent Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very interested in a titanium bracing kit for a 91 coupe if that ever goes into production. (front upper and lower + the rear strut brace and possibly others if available)

I would be very interested in a titanium bracing kit for a 91 coupe if that ever goes into production. (front upper and lower + the rear strut brace and possibly others if available)
Your order would cover the tool-up required. We now have three interested parties. Let's get the ball rolling on this, I just brought on another full time fabricator with 4 years of previous experience with me to get these types of jobs done expeditiously.

Those interested in Titanium braces, email me directly please. [email protected]

Ready when you guys are. It'll take a week for materials to arrive, and a few days for water jet cutting. We can begin the bars at that point.

We aren't in a position to dive into the materials cost up front, so let's get the ball rolling. I'll add a titanium option to the site, and once a few orders roll in, we move forward.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Come on guys.... I'm in for 3 Ti bars, if BBVNSX is in for 2 then we just need 5 more bar orders to get this rolling, and who doesn't love Titanium goodies on their ride to stiffen things up!

Cody, you know where I'm at on the Ti bars. However, I need to get you better measurements b/c of the NA2 ABS system.

Cody I'm counting 7 bars...

I guess Ponyboy is the first on the list so updating th GB list:

1: Ponyboy (F. upper bar: Qty - 1 + F. lower bar: Qty - 1)
2: BBVNSX (F. upper bar: Qty - 1 + F. lower bar: Qty - 1)
3: NSXguyNmo (F. upper bar: Qty - 1 + F. lower bar: Qty - 1 + Rear strut brace: Qty - 1)
4:

What would be the GB price for the Ti braces and can you give us an ETA after closing the GB?

1: Ponyboy (F. upper bar: Qty - 1 + F. lower bar: Qty - 1)
2: BBVNSX (F. upper bar: Qty - 1 + F. lower bar: Qty - 1)
3: NSXguyNmo (F. upper bar: Qty - 1 + F. lower bar: Qty - 1 + Rear strut brace: Qty - 1)
4: jsl757 (F. Upper bar: Qty - 1 + Rear strut brace coupe: Qty - 1)

There is adequate clearance on Na1 and na2 cars.

There's a narrow area from the NA2 ABS to the my radiator. The radiator is a Ron Davis that is 7.75" thick including fans. Let me know where that leaves us.

2016-04-25 12.18.02.jpg

I think we have enough to get an order going guys. Let me crunch some numbers based on these quantities and post official TI pricing by tonight.

Get ready for some awesome.

Nice!

There's a narrow area from the NA2 ABS to the my radiator. The radiator is a Ron Davis that is 7.75" thick including fans. Let me know where that leaves us.

I'll be updating my ABS (i already have all the parts) so i also need the upper bar to clear the 00+ ABS!

Ponyboy - here is a pic of my upper bar for comparison, I'm running a MASIV radiator which is the same size as factory.
lovefab1.jpg

Alright guys, here is the pricing for our chassis braces in titanium. Please note that they will be fully purged and TIG welded, so these will be as strong as they are aesthetically pleasing.

$499 Front Upper
$899 Front Lower
$399 Coupe Rear
$1399 Targa Rear
$1499 Coupe Four Point

Shipping on front braces and rear coupe braces will run $25 to the lower 48, Targa braces will run $45 because of the size.

Itll take one week for materials shipping, and another week for water jet cutting the flat stock. The current order size will take around one week to produce, leaving three weeks from today for completed orders. If everyone commits in the next couple of days with payments, I will order some extra Titanium tubing as these will pique the interest of other members.

At this time, I need each of you to call in so I can manually take your order. Our shopping car was just updated this weekend and the site needs updating. This will take some time, so to prevent further delays a simple order by phone is best. 2314993912

Thanks all! I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ponyboy - here is a pic of my upper bar for comparison, I'm running a MASIV radiator which is the same size as factory.
lovefab1.jpg

Thanks jsl757 for your post, jsl757. Considering the stock sized radiator barely fits with the upper bar, I may be out of having the upper bar built.

Thanks again.

Thanks jsl757 for your post, jsl757. Considering the stock sized radiator barely fits with the upper bar, I may be out of having the upper bar built.

Thanks again.
It looks to me that you can massage that hose onto the radiator quite a lot. We can slide the bar as far rearward in our fixture to help as well.

Quick question on finish.

Is powdercoating or any other finish included in the price or are these just bare titanium? I have seen titanium polished to a mirror finish that looked amazing, would not add to the weight, and was curious what it might add to the cost as I know it'd be an extra step. It would surely look as good as they'd perform though, and was curious if getting a polished set would be an option.

I don't plan on letting these out of my sight once I receive them so getting that done prior to shipment might be helpful if possible, and if its reasonable. Thanks!

It looks to me that you can massage that hose onto the radiator quite a lot. We can slide the bar as far rearward in our fixture to help as well.

Unfortunately, the ABS bracket underneath it won't allow the radiator hose to move. I think the only option is to revise the hose length provided the upper bar will clear the radiator and fans.

Esthetics aside what kind of weight difference between SS and Ti are we talking about? Say for front upper bar.

Last edited:
Titanium is to rich for my blood. But, I would like a standard Targa bar. Do you have any ready to ship? What kind of deal can I get on one of those? PayPal ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back