• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2nd Encore GB: ARK Exhaust System

Joined
2 May 2005
Messages
373
ok guys, so we gauged the interest around here, and this is our 1st group buy( Not a Intro). but for the sake of anyone who wants to join, the sooner, the better! Once you make a payment thru paypal, we ship product next day with FEDEX Ground service. No Waiting !! And it is limited time offer !!​

MSRP : $ 919.00 + S/H US 48 continental

GB Price : CLOSED + Shipped US 48 continental


GB Ends: MAY 31, 2005

Local Pick-up & California resident must pay 8.25% Calif. State tax adding to total GB price.

91-96 Acura NSX ARK Exhaust System(SUS)​

Sound Clip : http://www.arkspeedracing.com/arkcmd/3603654/

Material T-304 SUS
Tip Style Round Tip / ARK badge - 3.5" Tip diameter
Welding Tig Weld

Features long-length and narrow diameter piping design for top-end and mid-range power optimization.Parallel exit ( Stock exit design ) with an acid-etched ARK Racing badge on the both muffler Tip. ARK Exhaust System available in full-Stainless polished finishes.

SM200-001_01.jpg


SM200-001_02.jpg


SM200-001_03.jpg


SM200-001_04.jpg


Picture%20020%20copy.jpg


SM200-001_05.jpg


Picture%2520002%2520copy.jpg



LIMITED TIME OFFER !!

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Is that 25% more than last groupbuy? I'd may be interest if at the 1st group buy price.
 
DarthMaul said:
Is that 25% more than last groupbuy? I'd may be interest if at the 1st group buy price.

1st was intro price.

x
 
I'd bet dollars to pesos this is the same exhaust Dali carries for $599. Why not buy it there, ARK has admitted other vendors carry it. Who else would it be?
 
White94 said:
I'd bet dollars to pesos this is the same exhaust Dali carries for $599. Why not buy it there, ARK has admitted other vendors carry it. Who else would it be?
As we all know MSRP doesn't mean diddly, so quoting that price has no bearing on the final cost. MSRP is used as a hook in retail transactions when the merchant is trying to maximize profit and to sway the customer into thinking they are getting a great reduced price. In all reality, the FMV is what the market is willing to bear. Especially, when a similar product can be acquired elsewhere at the same or less price. After doing the math, the prices are similar. With that said this is not a cost saving "Group Buy".
 
Last edited:
DarthMaul said:
Is that 25% more than last groupbuy? I'd may be interest if at the 1st group buy price.

Well.. First was our manufacture intro price. And now you get about 26% off from MSRP. It is deeper than Jobber price.

Last chance,,, make a your mind :smile: :eek:
 
ss_md said:
After doing the math, the prices are similar. With Dali you need to pay shipping and tax if in CA. With ARK you only pay tax if in CA. If you are out of state then the Dali price is cheaper! So with that said, this is not a cost saving "Group Buy".


I guess people confusing design with Dali product.... Our ARK catback system is different than Dali... it is totally different item. I guess design is similar bacause NSX fitting. but all inner & outer construction is different, because it is different manufacturing system. Pls don't confuse it., :frown:

Thanks
 
Just recieved my exhaust yesterday. I was going to do a write up of the install but then my camera crapped out (not that a write up is needed)

Install is straight forward and quick. Sounds awesome.
Initial review
idle is pretty quiet. Steady freeway speed is quiet. I found that cruising at 80mph is quieter than 70mph.
Accelerating in low rpms=nice and low rumble.
Accelerating in high rpms=screaming banshee

so far so good.

On a side note.
Dont do what I did
my bolts were seized so tight that PB blaster did almost nothing. Even after a few hours of sitting and a few taps of the hammer plus a breaker bar I couldnt get the initial impact to break the bolts. The exhaust just moved around and I was afraid of pulling any harder. I didnt even wanna think about the top bolts that are harder to reach.

I ended up removing the exhaust at the cats where the spring loaded bolts are. I figured only 4 bolts that arent seized compared to 6 tight bolts= no brainer.

Got the exhaust out and it was mucho easier to break the bolts with it on steady ground and better leverage.

I put the new exhaust back in place and had a hell of a time threading the spring loaded bolts back in. I dont have whatever tool you need to get these bolts started so I had to just push the bolt as hard as I could just enough to start the nut. This was the toughest part of the install for me but again was totally the wrong way to go.

I guess sometimes 4 is more than 6

=P
 
davidkimchee said:
Just recieved my exhaust yesterday. I was going to do a write up of the install but then my camera crapped out (not that a write up is needed)

Install is straight forward and quick. Sounds awesome.
Initial review
idle is pretty quiet. Steady freeway speed is quiet. I found that cruising at 80mph is quieter than 70mph.
Accelerating in low rpms=nice and low rumble.
Accelerating in high rpms=screaming banshee

so far so good.

On a side note.
Dont do what I did
my bolts were seized so tight that PB blaster did almost nothing. Even after a few hours of sitting and a few taps of the hammer plus a breaker bar I couldnt get the initial impact to break the bolts. The exhaust just moved around and I was afraid of pulling any harder. I didnt even wanna think about the top bolts that are harder to reach.

I ended up removing the exhaust at the cats where the spring loaded bolts are. I figured only 4 bolts that arent seized compared to 6 tight bolts= no brainer.

Got the exhaust out and it was mucho easier to break the bolts with it on steady ground and better leverage.

I put the new exhaust back in place and had a hell of a time threading the spring loaded bolts back in. I dont have whatever tool you need to get these bolts started so I had to just push the bolt as hard as I could just enough to start the nut. This was the toughest part of the install for me but again was totally the wrong way to go.

I guess sometimes 4 is more than 6

=P


Thanks for sharing your experience with ARK exhaust system.

Thanks again..
 
ARKers said:
I guess people confusing design with Dali product.... Our ARK catback system is different than Dali... it is totally different item. I guess design is similar bacause NSX fitting. but all inner & outer construction is different, because it is different manufacturing system. Pls don't confuse it., :frown:

Thanks


My mistake. Sure does look similar though.

Dali:
Dali_exhaust_dual_round_tip_im.jpg


Ark:
SM200-001_01.jpg
 
Last edited:
again, it may look similar, but the final design of the exhaust (what you don't see, the guts of the exhaust) is different...a completely different exhaust
 
Thank you ARK for spending your resources in developing a HIGH quality LOW price product for a relatively small NSX market.I received my exhaust today and was thoroughly impressed with the fit and finish. The installation literally was done 10 minutes not including the removal of the factory exhaust which was done in 45 minutes. The alignment and overall positioning was as if it were OEM. Anyone thats on the fence about ordering one of these need not worry, these guys and their products are the "real deal".My first impression upon opening the box was it looked as fine as a musical instrument and little did I know that it also sounds as fine as a musical instrument.

Thank You, Chris Zenda.
 
Last edited:
I will wait until they decide to make another sale up for the intro price. If it never happens...my exhaust is working fine, and they make no profit instead of less profit... :biggrin:
 
I'm really sorry ... But intro price will never come again... because it was intro. :biggrin:
 
You may not call it an intro price, maybe end of year inventory reduction, group buy special, etc. but if you are telling me you can't do that price again ever in the future that is your loss. Like I said, no profit for you, and I have no issue with my current exhaust to pressure me to change.
 
...man I wish I had bought during the 1st gb...
 
Shumdit said:
You may not call it an intro price, maybe end of year inventory reduction, group buy special, etc. but if you are telling me you can't do that price again ever in the future that is your loss. Like I said, no profit for you, and I have no issue with my current exhaust to pressure me to change.


Missed first, group buy special, nobody's loss but whoever perceives loss. I missed ,GBS, and I lost out (my problem) I didnt pull the trigger. Hind sight is 20/20 now that I know it is a good system I wish I would have bought a new one. But I was too cheap to take a gamble before and bought a used one only saving $75.00, My Choice. :frown:
 
I asked on the last GB...

does anyone know how this would fit on a 2003 :confused:
 
03 raw nsx said:
I asked on the last GB...

does anyone know how this would fit on a 2003 :confused:

Is it 03 NSX has same system as 97' ?

I need to see bottom of your system. And I can let you know, which adapter you need it. Thanks
 
Back
Top