• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed NSX Sport Exhaust System

PROSPEED NSX SPORT EXHAUST SYSTEM

Hi Primers,

We are again proud to introduce another exciting product to the NSX community. We have spent months design and developing the new Prospeed Sport Exhaust System. Originally I had envisioned a X-pipe designed exhaust that was light weight, free flowing for maximum horsepower and a tuned exhaust note that eliminated drone and sounded aggressive but civil around town. I believe I achieved my goals. Before starting the project I was looking around and found an exhaust that had a similar design to what I envisioned. The GRF exhaust was the exhaust and not only did it looked good but sounded great as well. It is not readily available so I decided to go ahead and build our own exhaust to our specs and offer it to the community. This is one of the most well rounded exhausts on the market.

Details:
-Full 304 High Grade US Stainless Steel exhaust system
-Fully Tig Welded and test fitted
-CNC Precision cut flanges
-Fully Polished SS Single walled 3.5" slightly slanted tips
-Ultra light robotic welded mufflers
-304 SS Tubed hangers for light weight (Every Gram Counts!)
-X-pipe to help with scavenging and sound
-Tuned length exhaust to reduced drone and increase sound pleasure
-Weighs only 20.6lbs vs the OEM 44lbs (Almost a 24lbs weight reduction)
-Produces up to 17whp over the OEM exhaust system
-Completely bolt on system
-Gaskets included
-Made in the USA

Applications:
-91-96 NSX
-97-05 NSX with adaptors

Versions:
DSE-01

Availability:
Now for all years

Price:
Retail $1345

Intro Price is $1245

Discounted price possible with a group buy if there is enough interest

Pics:

Prospeed DSE-01
ps_exhaust_system1.jpg

X-Pipe
xpipe.jpg

Bottom View
ProspeedExhaustbottom.jpg

Installed
reardyno.jpg

Rear view
rearview.jpg

Weight
Pseweight.jpg

Dyno Proven
We tested our exhaust vs the OEM NSX exhaust with positive results. With hp gains of 17whp at 7500rpm and 7-8ft lbs of torque we were happy with the results.

Details:
Dyno: Dynapak dynometer

The car has about 179,XXX Miles on it (1991 NSX, 5speed)

Mods:
Before-Stock OEM Airbox, Pride Headers and Test pipes, Prospeed RDX Injector kit and ECU ROM tune, and OEM NSX exhaust.
After-Stock OEM Airbox, Pride Headers and Test pipes, Prospeed RDX Injector kit and ECU ROM tune, Prospeed DSE-01 Sport Exhaust

We tested the NSX with a stock muffler and made 3 runs to back them up... put the fan on the exhaust and removed and installed the Prospeed Exhaust within 45 mins. We than made 3 passes to verify. No other changes were made to the car.

PSE.jpg

Sound:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tXpuMsMp8FU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UjzTHkAsOL8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Pretty slick looking! The sound clips aren't working for me though :confused:. This should be a hot item, nice job!

PS: Totally stole my idea with the Seibon rear valance being left w/o the mesh to see the exhaust :wink:. Nice

Pretty slick looking! The sound clips aren't working for me though :confused:. This should be a hot item, nice job!

PS: Totally stole my idea with the Seibon rear valance being left w/o the mesh to see the exhaust :wink:. Nice

Fixed! I also forgot to add the intro price which is great value for this amazing exhaust =)

Sounds and looks really neat. Well done and hopefully folks support a good local/US vendor;)

Enjoying the tune btw! Prolly time for the injector upgrade soon (if I can ever get time to work on my own car(s) lol!).

Sounds great, should get a good clip while on the dyno :wink:

Frumpybumps will post up a dyno video/sound bite soon... He took the video =)

Sounds and looks really neat. Well done and hopefully folks support a good local/US vendor;)

Enjoying the tune btw! Prolly time for the injector upgrade soon (if I can ever get time to work on my own car(s) lol!).

lol you will find time like we all do =)

Im curious on a sound clip with your 200 cell cats like I have.

I will have one soon as I am building cats and our exhaust for L_RAO. It will be slightly quieter and no rasp.

The amazing thing about our exhaust is that it is quiet cruising and from 2000 to 3000 rpm it doesn't drone at all. When you open it up it sounds aggressive and is a great exhaust period.

I am offering the Intro price for the first 3 buyers. You guys won't be disappointed.

Any chance you could do another video of the car sitting still, giving it a couple hi-revs?

Also, like said above, I'd like to hear the setup with the HFC's you offer. Were these soundclips made with OEM cats and OEM headers?? I just want to be sure we're actually hearing the sound of the exhaust, and nothing else.

Any chance you could do another video of the car sitting still, giving it a couple hi-revs?

Also, like said above, I'd like to hear the setup with the HFC's you offer. Were these soundclips made with OEM cats and OEM headers?? I just want to be sure we're actually hearing the sound of the exhaust, and nothing else.

Yes, I can do a sitting video with a couple of high revs. The car in the video has headers and test pipes. It will sound different with stock headers and stock cats like with any exhaust system. I will have another video soon with header our high flow cats and the prospeed exhaust system.

If the first 3 buyers has a stock cat or our high flow cats makes a video we will offer a discount on the exhaust. =)

I've been driving around with this exhaust for the last couple of days and I must say it is quite amazing. It's quiet when I need it to be and wakes up when you stomp on the loud pedal. It is very civilized around town, I don't hear any drone when I'm driving around. The power gains were also very nice as well. Here are a couple of videos I shot with my phone, so sorry in advance about the poor quality. It sounds much better in person :) Also the craftsmanship is top notch, very clean looking welds and a well put together exhaust. I think it's one of the best bang for the buck mods, just like Prospeed's RDX injectors.

take off
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-LKsvos3iT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

drive by
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nEft4MvI3Eo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dyno pull with new exhaust
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2G5h8jOAQVI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stock exhaust dyno for comparison
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KN-1j9RGV14" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Will it be possible to order this without tips? I have custom quad titanium tips I'd prefer to reuse. I can have them installed locally. Thanks.

Always nice to see more options for the NSX/community.
I'm diggin' the X configuration alot, i was planning to get with Wil/Angus if he can make me this same X config with Dynomax Bullets mufflers but i guess i will try yours out first to see if i like the sound. So far the sound clips i see here reminds me a little bit of GTLW but has it's own unique distinctive sound as well.

Is it possible to weld custom tips on if i send them to you?
They are square slant turn up tips & need to go on my '00 3.2 6 speed with 02 OEM valence upgrade.
BTW, what is the pipe diameter for the inlet & outlet before the tips?

Last edited:
At some point if possible I'd love to hear audio clips of this exhaust vs the GTLW. I have the GTLW with Prospeed cats already and I'm curious if it's worth the $1200 and change to change to this one.

At some point if possible I'd love to hear audio clips of this exhaust vs the GTLW. I have the GTLW with Prospeed cats already and I'm curious if it's worth the $1200 and change to change to this one.

+2, I'd like to hear that as well.

Possible to offer this with burnt tips?

sounds higher pitched than the GTLW to me, sounds more like a pride v1, and the elimination of drone is a great thing. power and weight seems to be on par with the GTLW as well, so overall it certainly seems worth it. great job, Brian.

i have the pride v2, which i am in love with the sound and it doesn't drone (i run no engine cover), so i wont be switching for now... but during this whole time i have thought about a GTLW for the power and weight advantage. the sound and the drone turned me off of it, though. this Prospeed exhaust fixes those complaints. Brian, if you can make it higher pitched, i think my only excuse will be money... lol.

Always nice to see more options for the NSX/community.
I'm diggin' the X configuration alot, i was planning to get with Wil/Angus if he can make me this same X config with Dynomax Bullets mufflers but i guess i will try yours out first to see if i like the sound. So far the sound clips i see here reminds me a little bit of GTLW but has it's own unique distinctive sound as well.

Is it possible to weld custom tips on if i send them to you?
They are square slant turn up tips & need to go on my '00 3.2 6 speed with 02 OEM valence upgrade.
BTW, what is the pipe diameter for the inlet & outlet before the tips?

I don't think it's best to weld custom tips because the length might not be ideal for your setup... I can however offer it without tips. The piping is 2.25" to the tips so you could just have a local fabricator or muffler shop weld the tips on for you to your specifications.

I'll post up my old gtlw vid with the high flow cats vs our exhaust... again this has test pipes so it does have a raspier sound to it... with our high flow cats it will elimnate the raspiness.

Possible to offer this with burnt tips?

You could use the Pride burnt tips with our exhaust to get the burnt tips look. I'll talk to mark about seeing if it's something he wishes to sell.

sounds higher pitched than the GTLW to me, sounds more like a pride v1, and the elimination of drone is a great thing. power and weight seems to be on par with the GTLW as well, so overall it certainly seems worth it. great job, Brian.

i have the pride v2, which i am in love with the sound and it doesn't drone (i run no engine cover), so i wont be switching for now... but during this whole time i have thought about a GTLW for the power and weight advantage. the sound and the drone turned me off of it, though. this Prospeed exhaust fixes those complaints. Brian, if you can make it higher pitched, i think my only excuse will be money... lol.

HBui39, you are correct it sounds closer to the Pride V1 than the GTLW... Almost a hybrid of the two. When designing this exhaust we focused on 4 important factors... power, sound, weight and looks/quality. In that order. We believe we achieved it with this exhaust. Come by and check it out HBui39 to hear and see it in action...

If anyone wants to check out the exhaust before pulling the trigger Frumpybumps might be at next weeks South Coast Acura meet in Costa Mesa on Thursday.

Here is the GTLW video with stock cats and with our high flow cats... The video was taken in a garage so it does sound slightly different but close enough.

<EMBED src=http://i17.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/coldfizzle/PROSPEEDHi-FLOWCats.flv width=448 height=361 type=application/x-shockwave-flash wmode="transparent">

Here is the Prospeed Sport Exhaust with test pipes... we did a couple of medium revs and a couple of high revs.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iyf_dR4MFY4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dyno Proven
We tested our exhaust vs the OEM NSX exhaust with positive results. With hp gains of 17whp at 7500rpm and 7-8ft lbs of torque we were happy with the results.

Details:

Mods:
Before-Stock OEM Airbox, Pride Headers and Test pipes, Prospeed RDX Injector kit and ECU ROM tune, and OEM NSX exhaust.
After-Stock OEM Airbox, Pride Headers and Test pipes, Prospeed RDX Injector kit and ECU ROM tune, Prospeed DSE-01 Sport Exhaust

We tested the NSX with a stock muffler and made 3 runs to back them up... put the fan on the exhaust and removed and installed the Prospeed Exhaust within 45 mins. We than made 3 passes to verify. No other changes were made to the car.

PSE.jpg

Is this baseline dyno for the exahust test different from the baseline dyno from the original RDX injector upgrade simply due to running a different car on a different day in a different gear?

TESTING:

91 NSX 5 SPEED with K&N filter,Comptech Headers,Stock cat and muffler.
Dynapak Dyno

We tested the OEM ecu vs. a Stage 3 rom tune vs. RDX Spec Program and here is the results.

-The dotted green line is the OEM ecu with stock factory 240cc injectors
-The fine green line is the Prospeed ROM tune program with stock factory injectors
- The blue line is the Tuned Prospeed RDX Spec tune with Factory Acura RDX 410cc injectors

We noticed a whopping 37 ft lbs of torque increase at 4200 rpm over stock and over 16 whp on top in VTEC. A combination of a superior injector and a properly tuned ECU really helps the NSX run safer AFR with an ideal idle and part throttle drivability.

ElsaNSXPwrJan12_1fix.jpg

Here is the AFR of another 3 dyno runs, the blue run is the the AFR for the Prospeed RDX Spec ROM... Fine tuning allowed us to get to a more ideal 13.0-13.7 AFR. We are happy with the AFR as it is safe and allowed us to run a little more timing.

ElsaNSXAFRJan12fix.jpg

Just kind of curious how the Baseline Dyno of for the exhaust with Stock OEM Airbox, Pride Headers and Test pipes, Prospeed RDX Injector kit and ECU ROM tune, and OEM NSX exhaust netted 248 hp while a nearly identical set up 91 NSX 5 SPEED with K&N filter,Comptech Headers,Stock cat and muffler netted 264 hp.

16 hp seems like a pretty big difference: unless the Pride headers with test pipes are really that bad or the gearing makes that much of a difference.

Sorry if I missed the obvious.

Is this baseline dyno for the exahust test different from the baseline dyno from the original RDX injector upgrade simply due to running a different car on a different day in a different gear?

Just kind of curious how the Baseline Dyno of for the exhaust with Stock OEM Airbox, Pride Headers and Test pipes, Prospeed RDX Injector kit and ECU ROM tune, and OEM NSX exhaust netted 248 hp while a nearly identical set up 91 NSX 5 SPEED with K&N filter,Comptech Headers,Stock cat and muffler netted 264 hp.

16 hp seems like a pretty big difference: unless the Pride headers with test pipes are really that bad or the gearing makes that much of a difference.

Sorry if I missed the obvious.

Yes, 17rwhp is a big difference. Not every dyno is the same or every car. Remember this car has over 179,000 miles on it now on the one with the Pride headers and test pipe. The other NSX if I remember has less than 70,000 miles... It's pretty obvious a 110,000 miles on any car will wear down any engine. We are also focused on not comparing the difference between two different cars but the difference between the mods... that is the most important thing. All runs were done within an hour and a half from each other on the same day. The other car has a exhaust system being built for it as we speak and we will also test that to see the difference it makes on that car. Anyone who dyno's our exhaust system should see similar gains over stock no doubt about that.

Dyno Proven

Details:

Mods:

PSE.jpg

Here is Frumpbumps recent dyno charts!

His car has 175K miles on it. I had Bisi scale the AFR how most dynojet scale their AFR graphs.

-Blue line is with Pride exhaust, headers, test pipes and Factory ECU.
-Orange line is with Pride exhaust, headers, test pipes, RDX Injectors and Prospeed RDX Spec Program.

His car also responded well to the RDX injectors. He picked up 26ft lbs of torque at around 4000rpm and about 20whp. Up top he pick up a little over 10whp. Keep in mind his car has a lot of miles on it. Not bad at all! You can see how lean the NSX runs with a stock ecu, injectors and common bolt ons!

JacquelineNSXPwr1.jpg

JacquelineNSXAFR1.jpg

Sorry, found a fairer comparison: I believe these are the same cars...just different days on the same dyno.

This is more like it: give there is a 8 hp difference, it can be chalked up to different days of dynoing. Unless Bisimoto has more than 1 dyno or they replaced theirs. I don't know if 4000 mi of driving, maybe without an oil change, will eat up 8 hp either.

Either way, the important thing to take away here is the shape of tuned RDX injector curve is very similar to the baseline for the exhuast change so buy the Injectors+ECU tune for mid range bump and the exhaust for different sound an hp bump in the higher RPM range.

Back